Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

somerandomdude

Learned
The enemy packs are really thin, and there's too much open space in between. I noticed that when I tried the server slam beta, and also watching a few gameplay videos in live. Killing mobs is morsels of dopamine in these ARPG games, the more you get to fight and take out, the more fun the game is. The mob density is so small, that I saw guys herding multiple rooms of enemies up, then they'd circle around to group them up, then blast them all with aoes or ultimates. It's a shame you have to do that, the halls and rooms should be packed chock full of mobs IMO. It's basically the same effort to take out 3 mobs as it is 30.

I was initially critical of Last Epoch, but I ended up trying a later version of the game, and they really improved the game quite a bit. It plays a lot better than Diablo 4, and mobs are plenty thick in Last Epoch as well.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Now maybe this game works as a fun end game grind aRPG if you ignore all this shit before but it is still not worth AAA price
As I said in the other thread you get what you pay for. This is thee premier ARPG. Some might argue the inventor of the ARPG. If $100 is expensive to you you probably shouldn't be gaming in the first place. You should be out in the woods collecting sticks to reinforce your mud hut so you can comfortably bang your sister without getting rained on you third worlder piece of shit!

Perkel

Arcane
There is one additional minus i forgot to add to review. Lack of variability in monsters. There aren't than many monster types but at least those who are present are fun to fight with.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There is one additional minus i forgot to add to review. Lack of variability in monsters. There aren't than many monster types but at least those who are present are fun to fight with.
I heard that from Jeff G., a reviewer I've trusted for over a decade. It's a weird fuckup. The other games certainly weren't lacking in enemy variety.

Perkel

Arcane
I heard that from Jeff G., a reviewer I've trusted for over a decade. It's a weird fuckup. The other games certainly weren't lacking in enemy variety.

Well like I said they went for quality instead of quantity. What is left is really fun to fight with. But yeah overall it feels like there should be at least 20-30% more monster types.

Managed to find rare C&C. I saw like 2-3 of those in my playthrough. Like a said before game play more like your typical RPG than ARPG. If they would add choices it would be full blown RPG.

image.png

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
PoE pride world wide. Total Diablo Death.

I was initially critical of Last Epoch, but I ended up trying a later version of the game, and they really improved the game quite a bit. It plays a lot better than Diablo 4, and mobs are plenty thick in Last Epoch as well.

I played some characters into the end game but in the end the proper lack of Steam Deck / controller support and general unoptimizedness made me pause that game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Now maybe this game works as a fun end game grind aRPG if you ignore all this shit before but it is still not worth AAA price
As I said in the other thread you get what you pay for. This is thee premier ARPG. Some might argue the inventor of the ARPG. If $100 is expensive to you you probably shouldn't be gaming in the first place. You should be out in the woods collecting sticks to reinforce your mud hut so you can comfortably bang your sister without getting rained on you third worlder piece of shit!
aren't you that nigger who begged codex for donations because you couldn't afford to fix your car?

Seethe

Arbiter
lol...lmao. the skill "tree" is actually a skill twig. The purpose of the twig is to merely show when you can unlock the next skill category. It's just a graphic effect for Diablo 3's rune system to give the illusion that there's any meaningful choice to make. Except in Diablo 3 you had 5 choices instead of 2 or 3, and the choices were more meaningful. Somehow...some fucking how Blizzard managed to turn the already boring and brain damaged rune system from Diablo 3 into something that requires even less mental effort. And the "runes" are insanely low effort and impactful with shit like increased 10% duration of a skill that lasts for 4 seconds. How is it actually possible for someone to defend this

Reinhardt

Arcane
lol...lmao. the skill "tree" is actually a skill twig. The purpose of the twig is to merely show when you can unlock the next skill category. It's just a graphic effect for Diablo 3's rune system to give the illusion that there's any meaningful choice to make. Except in Diablo 3 you had 5 choices instead of 2 or 3, and the choices were more meaningful. Somehow...some fucking how Blizzard managed to turn the already boring and brain damaged rune system from Diablo 3 into something that requires even less mental effort. And the "runes" are insanely low effort and impactful with shit like increased 10% duration of a skill that lasts for 4 seconds. How is it actually possible for someone to defend this
they took worst parts of d3 rune system and d2 "spend skillpoints on useless shit to reach something you want" system.

Mortmal

Arcane
Keep in mind this forum is populated by PoE fangirls. A question about it even appears in registration. Diablo will never get a fair shake here. I will continue my D4 adventures as soon as I nurse my hangover.

Place is not different than anywhere on internet , its impossible to get a non biased honest opinion on youtube either, some youtubers destroy it completely, but they could be path of exile fans too.Then there's diablo 2 fan who dream of feeling young again and feel the same when they discovered D2 the first time, anything close enough will do . Last there's paid shills too , many of them. Used to buy a paper magazine and have fair unbiased review of games, but that's over now. Impossible to know without getting it if the game is really good or not .
Only thing i am sure is 100$ for a few days earlier , a game having an item shop with microtransaction on top of that is more than questionable.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They are ultimately the same exact thing, dipshit. But you seem hardcore. You probably prefer this
passivetree2-519x506.jpg

Dumb fuck.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well like I said they went for quality instead of quantity. What is left is really fun to fight with. But yeah overall it feels like there should be at least 20-30% more monster types.

Managed to find rare C&C. I saw like 2-3 of those in my playthrough. Like a said before game play more like your typical RPG than ARPG. If they would add choices it would be full blown RPG.

image.png
I didn't see any of that quality.
It is incredible that after 20 years major aRPG cannot have enemies in range of D2?
The brought back fallen into D4 but where are those groups of Shamans that res from 2 screen away? I have only seen them spawn 1 or 2 guys from same screen and then the die.
They got some Charging snakes like enemies but they just do damage, do not stun so they do not matter.
No lightning bug like enemies from D2 act2 or scavengers that need to land first.
Except for Ghosts and those vampire casters in D4 nobody really tries to run away and ghosts only do it a bit.
Nothing like crazy little flayer enemies in Act3, especially exploding ones from end of it.
Then D2 act 5 has teleporting casters, and later super fast scary Blood melee dudes.
And lets not even go into end of Act 4 D2 enemies, I have yet to see any enemy have something like Iron Maiden curse that forced your melee to play tactically.
PoE has a same issue but there is it because of whole game design where 100 enemies are all trying to kill you at same time and if you leave them alive longer than 1-2s they suceed so devs did not even care about giving them any real variety.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Dear Lord, I just saw the ending of the campaign on stream. They didn't even bother trying to hide the fact they sold you a treadmill-and-shackles combo, just a full blown cliffhanger that might as well say "but more of our slop, you dumb fucks".

The shamelessness of it is quite something.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It is incredible that after 20 years major aRPG cannot have enemies in range of D2?
The brought back fallen into D4 but where are those groups of Shamans that res from 2 screen away? I have only seen them spawn 1 or 2 guys from same screen and then the die.
They got some Charging snakes like enemies but they just do damage, do not stun so they do not matter.
No lightning bug like enemies from D2 act2 or scavengers that need to land first.
Except for Ghosts and those vampire casters in D4 nobody really tries to run away and ghosts only do it a bit.
Nothing like crazy little flayer enemies in Act3, especially exploding ones from end of it.
Then D2 act 5 has teleporting casters, and later super fast scary Blood melee dudes.
And lets not even go into end of Act 4 D2 enemies, I have yet to see any enemy have something like Iron Maiden curse that forced your melee to play tactically.
PoE has a same issue but there is it because of whole game design where 100 enemies are all trying to kill you at same time and if you leave them alive longer than 1-2s they suceed so devs did not even care about giving them any real variety.
You post like you're drunk. If you need to talk to someone don't hesitate to pm me.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You post like you're drunk. If you need to talk to someone don't hesitate to pm me.
I just wrote it on a phone and didn't bother checking it twice.

Nathir

Liturgist
They are ultimately the same exact thing, dipshit. But you seem hardcore. You probably prefer this
View attachment 36904
Dumb fuck.

You keep talking about PoE in here, but just because PoE is shit doesn't mean D4 is good.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

tl;dw:

- people who proclaim total D4 victory over PoE suck
- people who non-stop hate on D4 just because PoE exists suck too
- gameplay feels great
- group play is better than in PoE
- both competitive groups who are vying for the first lvl100 in HC are 75% comprised of PoE vets (some others(Wudijo) are ahead, but they aren't legible for the race because they had access to that secret beta)
- Ziz' group is Ziz, Nugi, Steelmage, Carn
- the other group is imexile, Ben_ , Shroud and somebody I don't know
- HC is a very dicey proposition atm -> on crash or dc your character stays up to 40 seconds in the game
- sometimes you bug out and can't use any abilities, so group play is necessary for survival during these moments
- game is much better for casuals than PoE
- the Kripp Sorc build isn't optimal for group play, Ziz and Steel are using the Icicle Spam build (can type !build in his twitch channel for details)
- endgame is super repetitive, think PoE maps but without any previous league content (just monsters, no mechanics)
- Ziz is having a lot of fun
- Synergy between Sorcs is very strong
- no comment on the campaign story, since they all were skipping the cutscenes
- the environments looked varied and nice

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

tl;dw:

- people who proclaim total D4 victory over PoE suck
- people who non-stop hate on D4 just because PoE exists suck too
- gameplay feels great
- group play is better than in PoE
- both competitive groups who are vying for the first lvl100 in HC are 75% comprised of PoE vets (some others(Wudijo) are ahead, but they aren't legible for the race because they had access to that secret beta)
- Ziz' group is Ziz, Nugi, Steelmage, Carn
- the other group is imexile, Ben_ , Shroud and somebody I don't know
- HC is a very dicey proposition atm -> on crash or dc your character stays up to 40 seconds in the game
- sometimes you bug out and can't use any abilities, so group play is necessary for survival during these moments
- game is much better for casuals than PoE
- the Kripp Sorc build isn't optimal for group play, Ziz and Steel are using the Icicle Spam build (can type !build in his twitch channel for details)
- endgame is super repetitive, think PoE maps but without any previous league content (just monsters, no mechanics)
- Ziz is having a lot of fun
- Synergy between Sorcs is very strong
- no comment on the campaign story, since they all were skipping the cutscenes
- the environments looked varied and nice

Ziz is a cuck like rest that enables Blizzard to get away with this pay more to play early and get advantage in a race shit.
This shit will get all the cucks in the end when big companies start doing more and more shit like this.

Zlaja

Arcane
Is there a viable Necro build in this game that doesn't require summons? Something similar to Bone Necro in D2. I wanna try the class because of its aestethics, but hate summoning faggotry.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a viable Necro build in this game that doesn't require summons? Something similar to Bone Necro in D2. I wanna try the class because of its aestethics, but hate summoning faggotry.

You can sacrifice the minions for flat bonuses, they'll be absent till you change it.

Perkel

Arcane
I hit level 50 and got to nightmare difficulty. Seems like "sacred" items that drop are just normal items but better (much like previous arpg tiering once you hit higher def.) but they seem to get new base stats as well. I didn't see even once "+15% berserk duration" when I played on lower tier difficulty.

So far I like end game. There is plenty of things to do. Even if you don't like random quest there is still like 10s if not 100s of small side quests you can finish.

Fought once world boss and it was pretty boring. That boos was way too easy compared to rest of game though there was full 16 people party smashing it.

The brought back fallen into D4 but where are those groups of Shamans that res from 2 screen away? I have only seen them spawn

Shamans are really pain in ass compared to D2. They not only resurrect normal fallen but also special fallen as well and they do it constantly aside from casting actually some proper magic. They are bigger threat than in D2. Then if you get shaman elite with summoning it becomes painx2

Perkel

Arcane
The brought back fallen into D4 but where are those groups of Shamans that res from 2 screen away? I have only seen them spawn

Shamans are really pain in ass compared to D2. Then not only resurrect normal fallen but also special fallen as well and they do it constantly aside from casting actually some proper magic. They are bigger threat than in D2.

Seethe

Arbiter
View attachment 36904
Dumb fuck.
I do prefer that, blizzdrone. Not because I think it's good since it's bloated as hell with empty stats, but because pretty much anything is better than Blizzshit's skill """"tree""""".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom