Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Diablo III proves old-school Fallout can do well today

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, programs have at least some logic in them. Or I thought so until I found this thread.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Well, programs have at least some logic in them. Or I thought so until I found this thread.

ai.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Imagine a new Fallout with the graphical style of Diablo III – wouldn’t that be awesome? And when it comes to combat, there could be an option to make it real-time or turn-based, like Van Buren, to satiate both camps.
:what:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
pixelitis editorial proves that old school gaming journalism can do well today

but why would you want that when standards of objectivity have evolved

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Yes, and Diablo being ISO automatically means it's deep and tactical like other iso RPGs, it's not like it's a loot-driven clickfest that causes textbook neural responses of addiction.

Moron.

aris

Arcane
Diablo 3 is successful because it is a trend. Not because it is isometric.
You are missing the point of the article completely. He isn't arguing that d3 is succesful because it has an isometric viewpoint, he argues that it's success shows that there is no need for 3D in a game for it to become succesful.
Maybe Fallout 4 will have a RMAH so Bethshit can appeal to oldschool gamers...
Having a RMAH in fallout 4 would be so delighfully nonsensical, that I would actually applaud them if they could pull that shit off. Would be needed one hell of a marketing team to sell that idea to the public.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Whatever you say, bro. :smug:

And ITT, seems isometric is the new turn-based. Diablo IV will probably be first-person.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom