Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 3 officially announced

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I wouldn't worry about the game not having that gritty look, Blizzard will probably make it to the fans' liking later on. Didn't they do the same with SC2?

Game still looks fun though, co-op will be a blast.

Jesus Christ, stop wanking to this shit. It's just a generic hack n slasher with maybe prettier graphics.
Diablo might not be as role-playing deep as something like Fallout and such, but the combat is damned fun. Playing Diablo 2 co-op is a blast. I expect D3 to be just as fun.

Araanor

Liturgist
Looks fun. But I'll stay clear of the loot treadmill this time. I'm never getting those months in D2 back!

TheLostOne

Savant
The pacing looks great. Barb is nice and powerful but slow, and the swarms felt good and threatening despite the player wiping them with ease. I'm thinking the character was intentionally over-powered for the sake of the demo. His energy pool seemed to fill up way too quickly.

As far as potions go, they're definitely in. I know I saw a rejuv. potion hit the floor in that demo.

It looks fun.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Let's wait until it's out. It will probably be polished like other Bizzard games but it does not say anything about it's long-lasting quality.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Call me a grumpy old man, but I don't like the visual style at all.

Also, the cinematic was terrible. That annoying women with her stupid yelling. The stupid anime style characters. Bah. Can't hold a handle to the awesome, gritty, dark and atmospheric Diablo 2 intro.

Since Warcraft 3 Blizzards visual style has gone to shits. It's not as bad as the furry-abomination WoW but its far from the awesomess of SC, the first two warcrafts or Diablo 1 and to a lesser extent 2.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Diablo 1 was a fun little game; butg it didn't motivate me to play Diablo 2. These videos don't motivbate me to give Diablo 3 a shot either. I laugh at the Codex sucking Diablo series dick.

R00fles!

Black_Willow

Arcane
"Diablo 1 was a fun little game; butg it didn't motivate me to play Diablo 2. These videos don't motivbate me to give Diablo 3 a shot either. I laugh at the Codex sucking Diablo series dick.

R00fles!"

Said Volourn, Bioware devs' favourite blowjob maker.

gc051360

Scholar
Volourn said:
Diablo 1 was a fun little game; butg it didn't motivate me to play Diablo 2. These videos don't motivbate me to give Diablo 3 a shot either. I laugh at the Codex sucking Diablo series dick.

R00fles!

I like the Diablo series. Fun games.

wtf is "R00fles"?

My favorite part of that gameplay video, was that it kept the isometric style view of Diablo 1, and 2....thus falsifying one of the many claims that people make in reference to FO3.

I wonder if anyone is complaining about how it's not immersive or something.....

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Call me a grumpy old man, but I don't like the visual style at all..
Well, yes, visual style is questionable for a Diablo game. But i still like it, graphics in D3 look good without being OMfG NeX7 6eN.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dark Individual said:
Jesus Christ, stop wanking to this shit. It's just a generic hack n slasher with maybe prettier graphics. You're delusional to think that this game is somehow better than Titan Quest. Don't you acknowledge that you're being hypocritical by bashing Space Siege and praising this?

Because the Diablo series [and about anything else from Blizzard] has been fun, especially in multiplayer?

This might not be a great complex deep RPG, but it's fun. Blizzard just know how to make hack and slash RPGs fun. Even watching the trailer is more fun than playing one of those cheap Diablo-clones like Loki or Legend: Hand of God.

Shannow

Waster of Time
wtf is "R00fles"?
The sound Volly makes when he is piloting his R00FLEcopter and roling on the floor laughing.

Looks nice enough for a Diablo game. I found the destructible environment, "randomised" quests and environment quite impressive. Now they only need to change their art style as depicted on page one.

Micmu

Magister
You know that this isn't going to happen. They might as well add some knights in pink armor and female elves in chainmail bikinis.

Chefe

Erudite
Great. First Warcraft in Space and now Warcraft in Hell. Thank you, Blizzard.

gc051360

Scholar
Shannow said:
wtf is "R00fles"?
The sound Volly makes when he is piloting his R00FLEcopter and roling on the floor laughing.

Well. If the design of the word "R00fles" is to mock someone else, it is stupid. Because anyone who will type "R00fles" looks like a fucking moron.

Chefe

Erudite
gc051360 said:
Well. If the design of the word "R00fles" is to mock someone else, it is stupid. Because anyone who will type "R00fles" looks like a fucking moron.

Thank you for showing us the error of our ways. You have changed the Codex forever.

Annonchinil

Scholar
The artstyle might not be D1 or D2 but it looks great, especially the outdoor areas and when you listen to the music it gives it that Diablo feel.

The game feels like its fun to play. I am not sure how to describe it except to contrast it with another game; WAR. Everytime I read something about WAR it seems like one of the best MMO's ever, everytime I see the gameplay of it looks like one of the worst. Watching D3 it seems like the skills are fun to use, the environments are fun to destroy, the boss are fun to fight and the enemies are fun to kill.

Looks good, but if it were me, Id increase the speed of everything by at least 50%, make it darker, increase the difficulty by at least 2x, and cut the false epic muzik and replace it with whoever did the tracks for painkiller.

but yeah, now its time to forget about this for the next year or so...

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Massive amounts of enemies? Check.
Fun, simple, yet deep combat? Check.
Amazing art style? Check, even if it's not D2's. It doesn't look like Warcraft or Diablo 2. It's unique.

Looks fun. Diablo was never a deep RPG or anything, quit the bitching.

The only thing I'll miss is the randomized environments, but if all of the environments look as good as the ones in the gameplay demo it will only be a minor setback.

this is what i think many people would prefer diablo to look like (from d3 concept art):

ss12-hires.jpg

aboyd

Liturgist
Wow, that image along with the images on page 1 -- these really show what D3 should be. The outdoor area in the D3 demo is just weird for a Diablo game. Trees that are almost glowy green and pink? Bright shiny smooth skin on the enemies?

The example photos are better. The ground is cracked, the scenes look like they've been run through Photoshop's "distress" filter, the enemies are bloody or decaying.

Someone said that a modder could probably add this as a filter. If so, I would prefer to buy D3, wait for the modder, and then play. I want to experience it correctly on my first play through.

Warden

Arbiter
What I don't like about Diablo is that my finger hurts at the end of a gaming session - why not click-and-auto-attack? :/

Then too big numbers - I like when damage and hp progress slowly, like in d&d, and not 10 30 100 3456..

And way too much meaningless monsters to slay.. I'd prefer much more if there were way less monsters but more powerful ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom