Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Robber Baron

Savant
OBEY.jpg

OctavianRomulus

Learned
It makes sense for him to be black because the seat of religion in Diablo is in Kurast, iirc. But he doesn't look like a subsaharan in D2.

I can't quite tell what his ethnicity was in D2. Maybe Egyptian?

As for the Amazon, she should definitely not be a bimbo. She should be pretty for sure but more in line with a Greek statue.

cdfd4386a494a271e9edf345d0b4646b.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
I don't remember India being in Diablo 2.
From Diablo II manual:

On the eastern edge of the Twin Seas lie the emerald jungles of Kehjistan. Several thousand years ago, hunter-gatherers found themselves drawn to the lush, fertile rain forests and bountiful game inhabiting Kehjistan. But there was something else; Kehjistan’s geography was rife with nodes of magical energies, and eventually those with innate, arcane abilities began to sense and recognize these forces, gathering in groups to settle these special areas. It was here that the original mage clans, the Vizjerei, the Ennead and the Ammuit, were founded. Unfortunately the history of Kehjistan is not a peaceful one, and the Mage Clan Wars that erupted nearly destroyed the clans.

Geographically, Kehjistan encompasses almost one-third of Sanctuary’s eastern hemisphere. With an average rainfall of over four hundred inches per year, Kehjistan has the largest rainforests in the known world. This huge expanse of jungle feeds the Argentek River, which is the longest, widest river in Sanctuary. Hundreds of smaller rivers and tributaries twist and turn their way through the lush tropical forests until they finally unite with the mighty Argentek. Herbalists and alchemists revere the rainforest environment for its ecological diversity. Until recently, these sages would come from far and wide to study and collect the rare plants and animals that make their homes here. Now the jungle is far too dangerous to visit, let alone inhabit. Entire villages, even small cities have been wiped out. News has broken that Kurast, the current capitol of Kehjistan, is now under siege by the powers of Hell, and is kept safe only through powerful magical barriers that even now begin to ebb and fade.
About Kurast:

The architecture of the stone buildings resemble a Meso-American theme of the Mayans and other Central American civilizations

He sure as shit doesn't look Meso-American.

I didn't say anything about the Amazon. The new one is very clearly a ripoff of the Amazonian elder from the Justice League:

upload_2021-2-21_1-13-3.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

Assassin was always doomed due to the grandma haircut. Better to defend the Amazon and Sorceress to the death.

Harthwain

Magister
If you look at NPCs from Act III you will see various types. Look at Alkor:

Npc-alkor.jpg
So I guess you could say Paladin is Afro Brazilian?

tumblr_m5fpq0smd91qd2qxpo1_500.jpg
The picture above is literally from searching for "Afro Brazilian Male".

sser

Arcane
Developer
If you look at NPCs from Act III you will see various types. Look at Alkor:

Npc-alkor.jpg
So I guess you could say Paladin is Afro Brazilian?

tumblr_m5fpq0smd91qd2qxpo1_500.jpg
The picture above is literally from searching for "Afro Brazilian Male".

Yes that's all very interesting if I may though my main argument is I look at the Paladin with my fucking eyes.

Harthwain

Magister
Yes that's all very interesting if I may though my main argument is I look at the Paladin with my fucking eyes.
Well, you were the one to say "He sure as shit doesn't look Meso-American". He doesn't, but the same can be said by the NPCs. But if we are to assume he's still from the vincinity of Meso-America, then Afro Brasilian origin is better pick than most. Unless it's totally unrelated, which it could be.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well, you were the one to say "He sure as shit doesn't look Meso-American". He doesn't, but the same can be said by the NPCs. But if we are to assume he's still from the vincinity of Meso-America, then Afro Brasilian origin is better pick than most. Unless it's totally unrelated, which it could be.

It's a pixelated black man in a 2001 game's character select. That's it. I don't think I spent a moment's notice thinking about it. I spent more time thinking D2 was sorta disappointing compared to D1. And in D1 the wizard was a black guy as well, so the ratio of present black males to quality gameplay doesn't seem to add up. It must be something else. Let's discuss it for 30 more pages.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

The Paladins are from Kehjistan.

Zlaja

Arcane
The amazon character for instance, looks battle-hardened, like somebody who doesnt fuck around and get shit done, thats how its supposed to be u dumb fucks

Doesn't look 'hardened' at all. Looks like a generic 40 year old white dude who decided to cosplay as D2 amazon after work.

Sorry but i grew up about 20 years ago

Nah, if you really did you wouldn't be a massive fanboy shill.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nu-Amazon is clearly an 80s East German Olympic athlete that got absorbed into Sanctuary through some sort of atmospheric disturbance.

Her javelin skills were very useful in this new world.

It's this sort of world building and detail that makes Blizzard stand out.

Zlaja

Arcane
None of the three guys in the old artworks looks like each other. It's a black dude in a pixel game no one who is not autistic cares about what his face looks like.

Imagine complaining about autism on an internet forum about RPGs. Next you'll be complaining about a bunch of fat people at McDonalds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom