Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Path of Diablo?

Gregz

Arcane
There are a few mods attempting to depozzify Blizzervision's art style btw:

https://www.nexusmods.com/diablo2resurrected/mods/181?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/diablo2resurrected/mods/93?tab=description

Apparently some characters are easier to mod than others (I have no idea why) so there's no fix for the trannyzon, chinkrat, or niggerdin yet.

any chance your gonna do the amazon, assassin , and sorc?

They have no models, so can't do that, need some model modders like milonie to make the whole body part.

D2R is supposedly difficult to mod, but it's nice to know that it's possible.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No one answered my cloud question. Should i roll the dice. I mean... that AMAZON IS FUCKING..... uh..... yeech
:shitandpiss:

Gotta buy for the homeless druid.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Have you though about playing a trap assassin? That's also quite a save build which doesn't require a lot of gear. I always enjoyed playing it even though lightning immune enemies can be a pain.

Thanks! Time to mix things up a bit, so I'll try a Traps Assassin. My only difficulty in starting a new character by now, is that going through Acts 1 to 4 on Normal is like pulling teeth. The game only starts being fun once I get to Act 5.
You're welcome. Let me know how it goes. The good news about this build is that you only need level 12 to unlock Wake of Fire which should make going through normal very easy.
Path of Diablo?
That's a community server for Diablo II with balance changes. I've never tried it, so I can't comment on the quality. I'm currently playing in single player with the PlugY mod and the wide screen glide wrapper.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I want the Paladin to be white with long blonde hair. They got a mod for that or what.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Path of Diablo?
Yes, it is awesome mod for Diablo 2 that brings a few good ideas from Path of Exile like better skill trees, lots of UI improvements, corruption orbs and better end game with maps system kind of inspired by Path of Exile. It is online only but you can play solo. Also you don't need to legal D2 to play it :D
Oh and it has seasons where author makes meaningful changes each time to keep the game fresh.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
I want the Paladin to be white with long blonde hair. They got a mod for that or what.

Do you even see any skin or hair after moving past the low level helmets though? Is it the knowledge that the black skin is lurking there, undearneath the armor, that irks you? Because I can 100% sympathize with that.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If your helmet isn't a green leather cap then you're not using the right helmet ackackackack

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
"We're not planning an offline version, sorry! The game is designed to be online-only. I live in the country and have the worst internet, play D3 with over 400 ping."

Blarg!!!! Damnit!!

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Was the original Paladin intended to be black? In the character selection screen his features look somewhat hispanic but darker skinned. The voice actor is obviously supposed to sound black.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I feel like OG Paladin from D2 was some real swarthy looking dude but still maintained Caucasian features at least in various artwork.

Then D2R made 'em full on St. George Floyd.

Cerulean

Cipher
Have you though about playing a trap assassin? That's also quite a save build which doesn't require a lot of gear. I always enjoyed playing it even though lightning immune enemies can be a pain.

Thanks! Time to mix things up a bit, so I'll try a Traps Assassin. My only difficulty in starting a new character by now, is that going through Acts 1 to 4 on Normal is like pulling teeth. The game only starts being fun once I get to Act 5.

Thanks again Tavar, but I was moving along nicely with the Traps Assassin, got to a nice safe level to fight Diablo at the end of Act 4 normal, and right as the fight started, he cast Bone Prison on me... and connection interrupted. Talk about timing. Dead again. Took most of my good starter gear with it.

My heart can't take it anymore. :negative: I've uninstalled. Time to move on.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Was the original Paladin intended to be black? In the character selection screen his features look somewhat hispanic but darker skinned. The voice actor is obviously supposed to sound black.

Yes.

Diablo 2 was super woke and multiculturalism is the basic tenet of the Zakarum order:

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Zakarum

Looking at available sources, Zakarum's tenets can be summarized as such:

• The Light exists in everyone, regardless of race, religion, or social status[3] (the most basic tenet of the faith).[13]
  • Embrace the Light with total devotion.[14]
  • Trust in the glory of the Light, for its authority supersedes all power in the mortal world.[15]
  • Resist all things evil.[14]

In act 2 the blacksmith happens to be a white wombyn Paladin, which again goes in line with what i just quoted.

Honestly i don't think people realize just how l1brul Diablo 2 was back then. Not only it's full on female equality and multikult, but in act 5 for instance we meet a barbarian blacksmith who is into reason and science and complains he is being misunderstood by his fellow barbarians.

The only thing that distinguished 90s wokeness with modern wokeness is that there wasn't so much racism and bigotry towards whites. So 90s media would have stronk wombyn and black people everywhere but they didn't go out of their way to shit on white males every chance they got, as they do now.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Path of Diablo?
Yes, it is awesome mod for Diablo 2 that brings a few good ideas from Path of Exile like better skill trees, lots of UI improvements, corruption orbs and better end game with maps system kind of inspired by Path of Exile. It is online only but you can play solo. Also you don't need to legal D2 to play it :D
Oh and it has seasons where author makes meaningful changes each time to keep the game fresh.

path of diablo is good

but it functons as a server, not as SP mod

GreenDude has good thinking, i loved all the balance changes

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
In act 2 the blacksmith happens to be a white wombyn Paladin.

Honestly i don't think people realize just how l1brul Diablo 2 was back then.

no one cared back then, thats the difference

I cared, and if others cared also we wouldn't be where we are today.

And when i say i cared i don't mean i objected to having a black character as such. I was fine for instance with the Sorcerer in Diablo 1. But there's a difference between inclusion and multikult and a black Paladin wearing a medieval European armor with a big Christian cross in his shield and Christian inspired themes in his skill tree is multikult, not just inclusion.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
People only wanted to grab that tight blacksmith Charsi ass and fuck her a few days straight. She's tough athletic, so she could take it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh god! I forgot the remaster. Ugh! Bull dyke!! Blarffffgggggghhh!!!

I guess lord of terror is right. Terror in almost the worst way next to immortal.

D3
D2 remaster
Immortal

There ain't no fucking way D4 will be worth a shit.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Screenshot001.jpg

She's tough athletic, so she could take it.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

He had white facial features and a strong tan:
Diablo-10-Things-Fans-Need-To-Know-About-The-Paladin-featured-image.jpg

8a9de161783de91abe3f16fda7142aec.jpg

Lovingly reimagined as Sir Tupac for the 'remaster':
Paladin.png

I never registered the original voice acting as sounding 'black', only masculine and hoarse.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
OMG!
:abyssgazer:
:shitandpiss:

God!!! WTF?!?!!

How in the fucking hell of hells can they consider any of those character models improvements. The gfx wound busted the stitches again and is infected....

GLARRDRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom