Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 + LOD - Want to run it from start to finish?

deuxhero

Arcane
Eastern for the realm. Non-ladder

I think I'll do a kick/trap sin.

Micmu

Magister
I would play, but *only* hardcore (preferably ladder, jewrope realm), because playing this "softcore" is shitty and absolutely pointless experience. The game just isn't that good. The thrill you get from knowing you can die and lose it all is the major fun part, especially in Hell.

aron searle

Arcane
I would like to do this, but not before the ladder reset.

I like playing sorc, and insights a good beginners/noob runeword that is ladder only (Polearm weapon, good for giving your merc and gives the party almost unlimited mana).

The only way to get it on non ladder is to trade with twinked out players.

Heechee

Liturgist
It almost seems there is enough of us for two separate groups. I would strongly prefer if we played exclusively with what we find, no trading shit from external sources. I am considering amazon focused on javelins, or bear druid.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
RolePlayer said:
Looking for somebody to play this with from start to finish.

You would need to be able to get on battle net - so a legit copy is necessary. You can find D2 + LOD for less than $10 at websites that sell CD Keys (just register the cd key with a battle.net account and download the game from blizzard).

Here's what I'm looking for in an ally:

* Relatively inexperienced (don't want to follow you everywhere because you know the game like the back of your hand). I'm new.

* Like the game lore/story/read NPCs (don't want to quickly hit "next, next, next" to get on with it...I want to actually read the content).

* No cheating/bots/speedruns (self explanatory)

* No ADD/quiters (please make sure you can commit to the 40ish hour story/campaign before submitting interest).

* Have a flexible schedule (be able to play 5-10 hrs a week at least).

As long as this is up I'm looking. Post here if you're interested.

1. RolePlayer
2. BloodLover
3. HeeChee
4. ?

I'm up for it. I have extensive background with the mechanics though, but I generally don't give a fuck unless I am making a twink build. There is something satisfying about taking the game slow with some buds.

I could make interesting build suggestions, I don't quite know what you guys are planning to do yet.

I suggest we start doing a class call now though.

Are we going all the way to level 99? Also I haven't played clod in about 2 years now, but I hear they did some interesting things with iron maiden.

Also... NO ASSASSINS ALLOWED

edit: fuck did you guys already start?

oh someone is gonna need to send me their copy of the patch.mpq as well as I have modded mine

deuxhero

Arcane
aron searle said:

I like playing sorc, and insights a good beginners/noob runeword that is ladder only (Polearm weapon, good for giving your merc and gives the party almost unlimited mana).

My sorc has a spare insight and will be non-ladder at the end of the month.

If we were to be "pure" there is no way just playing the game will produce any ladder only stuff/midrunes, so the point is meaningless

As for the Iron Maiden changes, being melee in the chaos sanctuary is no longer suicidal.

DriacKin

Arbiter
deuxhero said:
aron searle said:

My sorc has a spare insight and will be non-ladder at the end of the month.

If we were to be "pure" there is no way just playing the game will produce any ladder only stuff/midrunes, so the point is meaningless
The point is that we'd be forced to play untwinked, without the use of any spare insights or enigmas or whatever.

aron searle

Arcane
The point is that we'd be forced to play untwinked, without the use of any spare insights or enigmas or whatever.

Yes.

If this goes nowhere or we end up in too different time zones to be practical, I want to play it with a reset ladder as then there will be plenty of other games I can join with untwinked players.

Joining non ladder or a late ladder will just be full of uber players, i'm not an uber player so it just leaves me in most games chasing their tails as they kill everything.

DriacKin

Arbiter
LETS DO THIS.

Ladder resets tomorrow. If this thing of ever gonna happen, let's start organizing. Personally, I live in NYC, and would prefer to play on US East, but would be willing to play on one of the other realms as well. On weekdays, I get home from work around 7 pm EST, and have a pretty flexible schedule anytime after that. Weekend are also usually very flexible for me.

Micmu

Magister
If you're going hardcore, no rushing, no cheating/trading duplicates, no hammertards, count me in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom