Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 + LOD - Want to run it from start to finish?

RolePlayer

Augur
Looking for somebody to play this with from start to finish.

You would need to be able to get on battle net - so a legit copy is necessary. You can find D2 + LOD for less than $10 at websites that sell CD Keys (just register the cd key with a battle.net account and download the game from blizzard).

Here's what I'm looking for in an ally:

* Relatively inexperienced (don't want to follow you everywhere because you know the game like the back of your hand). I'm new.

* Like the game lore/story/read NPCs (don't want to quickly hit "next, next, next" to get on with it...I want to actually read the content).

* No cheating/bots/speedruns (self explanatory)

* No ADD/quiters (please make sure you can commit to the 40ish hour story/campaign before submitting interest).

* Have a flexible schedule (be able to play 5-10 hrs a week at least).

As long as this is up I'm looking. Post here if you're interested.

1. RolePlayer
2. BloodLover
3. HeeChee
4. ?

bloodlover

Arcane
I could go for this, but I never play hardcore. You can count me in, but only after Thursday (I have an exam soon). I live in Romania so my timezone is GMT+2 (grrr 9:25 AM here now)

entertainer

Arbiter
Looking to find partner(s) for oral sex, i'm new to this, looking for partners who swallow and take it all, i am hardcore and my dick is flexible, if you're interested please post in this thread

RolePlayer

Augur
entertainer said:
Looking to find partner(s) for oral sex, i'm new to this, looking for partners who swallow and take it all, i am hardcore and my dick is flexible, if you're interested please post in this thread

May i suggest craigslist?

RolePlayer

Augur
bloodlover said:
I could go for this, but I never play hardcore. You can count me in, but only after Thursday (I have an exam soon). I live in Romania so my timezone is GMT+2 (grrr 9:25 AM here now)

I was looking to start a bit sooner than next thursday and the timezone issue might create some obstacles. Let me see what kind of interest this generates before making any commitments one way or the other. There's plenty of time either way.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I just started playing again myself. When you get to level 40ish or so, let me know. Working my cold damage based paladin over and the guy is pretty damn badass. He does mondo damage.

However, either way let me know.

bloodlover

Arcane
RolePlayer said:
bloodlover said:

I was looking to start a bit sooner than next thursday and the timezone issue might create some obstacles. Let me see what kind of interest this generates before making any commitments one way or the other. There's plenty of time either way.

Well Thursday is just 2-3 days away and I am usually free at any hour (yes I don't have a life xD) so I think we can manage something.

RolePlayer

Augur
Alright, I got you down. We can always catch up with blackhart at somepoint too (when we get to level 40).

Hopefully we can find one more to tag along with us.

I'll send you a PM with my email/aim name so that we can set this thing up later this week.

Garm

Learned
When is this gonna start? I could probably play with you guys. I've beaten the game and such but never seriously played online with other people...also what characters are you guys thinking of going? I don't wanna pick Necro or something if someone else is going to (tempted to play Paly or Assassin though...)

RolePlayer

Augur
Mangoose said:
I might play.

There's no maybe - either you will or you won't.

You have a few days to decide. I'm thinking we can start this thing on Friday.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'd play, but I'm too far above your requested experience level (and I left D2 yet again after the "new patch" they hyped up did almost nothing.). Playing through start/finish might be fun though.

Heechee

Liturgist
Hell, why not, it's been years since I touched it, and I never got past level 40 or so back then. Count me in.

aron searle

Arcane
The ladder resets on the 28th.

May not matter to you though.

Matters to me as when you have a fresh ladder everyones got shit equip, so there's no twinked players leaving you with nothing to do but follow them.

Also if you play hardcore you don't have level 95s teleporting around trying to PK level 10s.

Also lots of good runewords are ladder only.

(And fuck hardcore with a rusty pole, every damn time i try hardcore i get lag killed before level 40).

bloodlover

Arcane
Ok I just finished my last exam a few hours ago. From now on I am free for this. Now all we have to do is to sync. with each other at the right time. We gonna use skype or smth to find each other faster?

deuxhero

Arcane
Oh hey! It seems D2 doesn't need a registry entry to run (thus my install still works)!. My Necro and one of my mules is dead, but my sorc is fine (if it mattered).

What the hell. I'm out of games to play for a bit. I could play.

Hmm, what build to use, can't be one that holds onto skill points for 30 levels hmm... Kick/trap hybrid sin? Oh wait, I can respec now and a token of something can let me change builds at will. Hmm...

I think the best way to do this would be to post a game name/pass and time.

Ladder or non-ladder?

RolePlayer

Augur
I'm assuming we can meet in a bnet channel and discuss what characters to roll (to compliment eachother).

I'm only looking for a group of 3 or 4 but it has to be 110% in. Not "maybe" .. "if i have some time" .. "well, i'm inbetween games right now" ... this has to be something you *really* want to do -- the idea is not to do 20 or so levels together, but the entire campaign from lv 1 through completion.

Kraszu

Prophet
Would you be interested in playing back to hellfire mod? It is harder then D2:LOD, you learn skills from books so you have to use what you had found like in first Diablo,most skills are new, negative affixes are nice as well, and it uses Diablo 1 soundtrack. Overall it is much better then D2:LOD.

Topher

Cipher
I *might* be up for this. I'm not sure I can commit the time right now. Any idea when you want to start things up?

DriacKin

Arbiter
The fact that all of us live in different time zones makes the semantics a bit harder. Also, which realm would we playing on?

Kraszu

Prophet
DriacKin said:
The fact that all of us live in different time zones makes the semantics a bit harder.

Semantical fail in use of the word semantics.

Heechee

Liturgist
So shall we set the realm, chatroom, and time of the meeting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom