Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Devil Whiskey gets a cheers from RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Devil Whiskey

<A href="Http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A> has posted <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=977">review</A> of <A href="http://www.devilwhiskey.com/">Devil Whiskey</A> giving it fairly high marks, though pointing out a few things they didn't like such as limited save game slot(yes, one slot). Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>What would a fantasy RPG be without magic and spells? Devil Whiskey has plenty of both. There are over 200 spells in the game. Some are buff spells, some attacking spells, and some just tell you where you are. There are spells to give light and others to either heal or resurrect party members. As there are no visual effects, except with the light spell, you are given the details of each effect in the scrolling window. I enjoyed reading these, as often the humour in the descriptions was far more fun than watching another pyrotechnical display of particle displacement. Spells have ranges, so selecting the appropriate spell can take some thought. They also have a mana cost and mana is not regenerated in dungeons under normal conditions. Don’t cast carelessly.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Utility spells, like the <i>You Are Here</i> stuff is something a lot of CRPGs lack these days. It's interesting when games incorporate them in addition to spells which are primarily combat oriented.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Garrett</b>!
<br>

Oyarsa

Novice
Fragant coals of ice

The graphics have improved greatly since then. Now its high definition static pics. Plus you can see where you're going, but it looks the same once you get there.

Technologically they're probably only a decade behind. They did figure out mouse support, right?

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
I wish some developper had the brilliant idea of merging good engine, good writing and good RPG elements. Unfortunately it's too often only one of these elements.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Actually it is too often none of those things. But on a brighter note, the spells usually have some serious particle effects. I mean, who needs gameplay when you have super cool effects, right?

RIGHT???

Anybody with me?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sign me up! I could look at pretty colors all day long (especially after looking at the forums colors) :)

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Take some acid, and then any screen featuring 2 or more moving colors will be hours of fun.

Nightjed

Liturgist
meh, i wish someone would make Wizardry 9, they could even use the wizardry 8 engine with a little update :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom