Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: Human Revolution Goes Gold

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gift sent.

Two warnings about the Steam version of Deus Ex: first, it's maps aren't fully patched, so download this map replacement pack to fix.

Also, the Steam version cannot play most mods like The Nameless Mod or possibly HDTP. To fix this, get the original .exe of the latest patched version (you can also use Deus Exe, but this places your config files into your User directory, which made it difficult to make config changes in mods). It doesn't have to be cracked, since all you need to play without the CD is a change in the .ini, where you change CdPath to:

Code:
CdPath=..\

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
How is the AI? I mean, skyway said it's shit, but do the guards actually ask for reinforcements? Are they suicidal? How are the cameras?

@the 9600GT guy
report back on some relevant thread later about the performance when you have the game pls

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
How is the AI? I mean, skyway said it's shit, but do the guards actually ask for reinforcements? Are they suicidal? How are the cameras?

@the 9600GT guy
report back on some relevant thread later about the performance when you have the game pls

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So a game that scores 10/10 automatically means that it's shit? Interesting theory.
Checking out a few critical scores on Metacritic:

Planescape Torment 10/10
Fallout 10/10
Fallout 2 10/10

OMFG!!! GAMEZ SUXXORZ!!!

Also it's for the XBAWKS, and I'd say those games listed probably ARE the best available for that shitty platform considering what's available.

In a sea of turds, the floaters are kings.

J1M

Arcane
M4BE1R0 said:

@the 9600GT guy
I only played the press build on the hardest setting. Guards will patrol and wake up their compatriots who are unconscious. If you are in a firefight without some sort of cover or actively using an augmentation for an advantage you will die in about 4 seconds.

AI will respond to sound, except sound you cause while crouched. ie. if you move a box from a vent they aren't going to kill you for putting down the box even though as a player you hear a sound. If you alert a guard and he yells for help all of the guards in the area will converge on you.

If you feel like wasting augmentation points you can invest in HUD upgrades that will show you how the AI works, ie. the last known location they heard/saw you which they will go investigate, and how long they are likely to search before returning to patrol.

Obviously there's going to be ways to exploit the AI and sometimes a guard 3 rooms away wont hear a gunshot that maybe they could have in real life, but I was pleasantly surprised when I was sniping guards from above and although 5 of them were using suppressing fire and generally not seeking cover one of them did eventually get on the catwalk and kill me from behind after about 45 seconds. If I had been expecting it I probably wouldn't have died, but I wasn't. I don't know if that guard climbed a ladder somewhere or if he was called in from another area but he wasn't up there when I started.

Black

Arcane
Spellcaster said:
Other games that have scored 10 out of 10 on it:

OXM US

Mass Effect

OXM UK
Mass Effect 2

Expect quality material from the game :roll:

I expect that the Codex will love it just as they loved ass erects.
Tasteless cunts.

FaChoi

Educated
Fucking tease bastards, out in August they said... end of august. cunts.

Fucking adverts.
594230-10SNQK3.jpg

Yet still going to buy it, be nice to have a new game to play for once.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I am assuming if you play it with Steam in offline mode you see the Eidos thing above? I could live with that. If I see a Subway ad though it will likely break immersion and therefore piss me off.

Luckily on PC I would assume we will have a fix in short order.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Black said:
Spellcaster said:
Other games that have scored 10 out of 10 on it:

OXM US

Mass Effect

OXM UK
Mass Effect 2

Expect quality material from the game :roll:

I expect that the Codex will love it just as they loved ass erects.
Tasteless cunts.

There's no way this game will be more dumbed down than Mass Erect 1/2.

NicePics13

Novice
The hottest graphics card I've got is a seven year old 9600pro, is it even possible? :retarded:
EDIT: might be as good as a heavily modded Thief III

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom