Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex: HR in August? Now with added Leak?!

Redeye

Arcane
Roguey said:
Serious_Business said:
you can even project your identity issues on the fact that fat game devs are lacking in energy and creativity,
Whoa, if there's one accustation you can't throw against them, it's that.
33nhog3.jpg

See, the fat devs are in the single digits and somewhat-carefully hidden. Energy and creativity, now that's a different matter.

Why don't they have costumes like the Vault 101 t-shirts Bethesda had?

Why are they standing in the sunlight?

They should be posed in trenchcoats, with engineer boots and sunglasses, in the rain, under a pall of neon-reflecting smog.

Oh, the smog should have advertisements projected upon it.

MapMan

Arcane
Still no crack for it though. And its only like 1/3 of the game. Enough to check how it works on your rig and if its shit or not.

FaChoi

Educated
MapMan said:
Still no crack for it though. And its only like 1/3 of the game. Enough to check how it works on your rig and if its shit or not.

Apparently a lot of the settings are locked down, low graphics, easy difficulty, highlighting and shit like that.

Might give it a test if something reliable and non-torrent appears.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Got the crack, and it works. I'll share some impressions soon.

For now, the video compression is terrible.

Music is nice so far. There's also a remix of the UNATCO HQ music.

Encountered first crash.

Environment isn't as interactive as I hoped. Shooting books and other objects on desks does nothing.

Enemies are willing to shoot at me through bulletproof glass.

I can turn on faucets, urinals, and blowdriers in the restrooms.

About to start the first real mission - will be favoring stealth. I will try this without using the cover button.

So far, being stealthy without the cover button seems pretty viable, but I haven't finished the mission yet. 2 times I moved my character around a corner and aroused a guard's suspicion, so the lack of lean does hurt.

Anyway, have to take a break. So far, I'm fairly impressed.

No way to turn off the radar. Makes stealth too easy.

The height of a fall that kills you is extremely low.

FaChoi

Educated
Watching a stream right now. Its a bit shitty but if you want a look without a 3-4GB download get to http://www.livestream.com/ffuuuuuuu don't know how long it will last, crashed a few times already.

Sticky cover.

Health regen aint that slow on DeusEx mode- still, get killed fast if not in cover.

Some guards seemed blind as fuck even though the streamer was playing Call of Duty style.

Rohit_N I await your hands-on feedback from the stealth approach.

J_J_M

Educated
It's a bit derpy at times in the facial animations, voices and animations. Game seems to be challenging on the hardest difficulty though. It's good enough for one playthrough.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't why some previewers thought that stealth without cover isn't viable, or reacted with some snark when asked if it was. With the radar (no augmentation needed) that shows enemy locations and the directions they are facing, it is trivial.

Stealth is viable, though. There are a few hiding spots and ventilation shafts. I've almost reached Zeke, and apart from one non-lethal takedown at the beginning for fun, I haven't killed anyone or used any weapons. I got spotted once, but that was when I forgot I had the radar.

EDIT: Finished the first mission. Talked Zeke into letting the hostage go and escaping, but let the other hostages die from the bomb. The last room required me to take down one person overseeing the entire area. Otherwise, no extra alerts or need to use the cover button.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Maybe I haven't been paying attention or they aren't in the cracked preview copy, but I haven't seen any in-game advertisements in the Detroit hub so far.

I think I'll stop progressing the game now and just restart the first mission and see what other options I have. Don't want to spoil too much of the game yet.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Does anyone know where save games are kept?

EDIT: I think they're in the appdata/local folder. What's strange is that the folder is named after the person/group who leaked the build.

Stabwound

Arcane
Supposedly the settings are locked at a default of the lowest possible, according to another source.

Monocause

Arcane
Could someone PM me with a legit source of the leak? Both TPB and Skidrow's site have it, but on the latter it's put on a filesharing solution which wants my moneys and the torrent I've found isn't really confirmed as legit yet.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
If you don't have access to private trackers/usenet, I guess you'll have to wait for now. Should be more widespread by tomorrow.

Multi-headed Cow

Ran through the tutorial until I got squished and my vision became augmented. Definitely unfinished/polished at this point, quite a few slight niggles that probably will get worked on. Graphics for the most part are no great shakes, but if the game's good that won't be an issue. Looking forward to trying it for realsies tomorrow.

Also playing on Deus Ex difficulty and by god you do die fast under fire. Seemed like I went from almost dead-red screen to fully healed after sitting a good 10 seconds in cover, so for popamole regen that's pretty slow at least.

KalosKagathos

Learned
How's character advancement? Are there any skills, or just augs, like in IW? Are there mutually exclusive augs? How are social augs (those were promised, weren't they?) implemented?

Gerrard

Arcane
No one mentioned how shitty the controls are? Fucking mouse smoothing/acceleration/whatever. And you can change cover between hold and toggle, but apparently you can't do the same for iron sights?

Also I fell from 4 meters and died.

Graphics look really outdated, and there isn't even much to turn on in terms of settings. Pre-rendered cutscenes are just :retarded:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Rohit_N said:
Maybe I haven't been paying attention or they aren't in the cracked preview copy, but I haven't seen any in-game advertisements in the Detroit hub so far.

dx3-pc-game-infocast.eidos.co.uk (main menu news feed)
adsrv10.doublefusion.com (ingame ad service)
trksrv10.doublefusion.com (ingame ad service)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom