Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny: New FPS Revealed. Morgoth no longer fapping

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Another boring sci-fi shooter. :keepmymoney:

Diablo169

Arcane
Once again they flip the PC gamer the bird. "Nobody plays games the old way anymore" Erm yes they do they just don't play on your shitty consoles. The irony is if Bungie released more of their games on the PC platform they would sell shitloads.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Kudos to Activision for keeping this piece of decline away from the PC.
Let consoles have console games, and PCs have PC games.

TripJack

Hedonist
We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game - almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to
may this man languish in the purifying inferno of Hell for all eternity

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...alo-is-always-online-social-and-it-could-be-t

He also brought up the distracted, modern gamer who may not have a large gaming time budget. “They don’t want to work hard, they don’t want to read, they don’t want to go to their Internet to figure out our bullshit. They want to be entertained, they want to become heroes, and they want to feel things they don’t feel in their everyday lives. Our core experience has to be delivered as simply and directly as possible.”

:declining: :declining: :declining:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
"Hey guize we are very proud to destroy all things that made FPS's good trololo..."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, Ben Kuchera censored the bit about mouse and keyboard. WTF. He even defends it in the comments ("that sentence wasn't clear") :lol:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...alo-is-always-online-social-and-it-could-be-t

He also brought up the distracted, modern gamer who may not have a large gaming time budget. “They don’t want to work hard, they don’t want to read, they don’t want to go to their Internet to figure out our bullshit. They want to be entertained, they want to become heroes, and they want to feel things they don’t feel in their everyday lives. Our core experience has to be delivered as simply and directly as possible.”

Get into the Machinima business, jerkoff.

almondblight

Arcane
We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game - almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to

You gotta be fucking kidding me... And to think that Bungie went from making great games like Myths to becoming this embodiment of decline...

Well, Myth was before MS dropped a bunch of money to have Bungie become an X-Box company. The original idea for Halo was much more interesting than the consolized Halo we got.

Machocruz

Arcane

To be entertained is to be a non-functioning meat mass in a chair then.

Any one know any real life heroes? Tell them effort had nothing to do with dragging a 250lb. man out of that burning building.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In their defense I am not sure they are describing how to make a good game as much as how to make shitloads of cash.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Bungie is basically Bioware to the power of 3 (at least). To such extend actually, that it makes Biowhores ashamed. They were once a fucking great and innovative studio. One of the very few that could bring incline and innovation both, on technical side and story side (extremely rare then, and almost non-existant nowadays).

If I was woken up in 1999 and told that the next installment from the creators of Myth universe will be Halo joke, I would not believe it.Just NOT.

Yet it happened.

One of the most traumatic stories of my child/manhood...

Diablo169

Arcane
It's a shame because i remember the very first Halo trailer when it was a PC / Mac game. It looked amazing to me as a teenager. then Microsoft bought them and the rest is history.

Machocruz

Arcane
I liked the first Halo. Little did i know what it would usher in, but at the time I had fun with it. Co-op . Regenerating shield made contextual sense at least, which every following popamole developer didn't understand. And 2 weapon inventory should have stayed with it and Tom Clancy games.

But these people, the industry, they really have no self-respect or creative integrity.

Commander Xbox

Learned

jesus.

i blame americans for this mentality

Dexter

Arcane
It's a shame because i remember the very first Halo trailer when it was a PC / Mac game. It looked amazing to me as a teenager. then Microsoft bought them and the rest is history.

They should feel fucking ashamed for embracing the decline like they did.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That comment about console hand-controllers taking over mice/keysboard for FPS...
Dumbest shit I've read in 2013 so far, and I've spent an absurd amount of time reading shit.

Fuck this game is so stupid.

Acti-Blizz is already doing this, but for PC. And it's stupid.
And now they want another game of the same shit, but for consoles. It's Activision again.

Do they want to completely saturate the market with this MMOFPS shit? Is Planetside 2 a smash hit, for instance? I don't know anyone who plays that shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I liked the first Halo. Little did i know what it would usher in, but at the time I had fun with it. Co-op . Regenerating shield made contextual sense at least, which every following popamole developer didn't understand. And 2 weapon inventory should have stayed with it and Tom Clancy games.

But these people, the industry, they really have no self-respect or creative integrity.

I liked the original too. It had a few repetitive shit levels and the console origins were obvious in the PC version, but I still had a lot of fun with it. It works as a complete experience too, you can pretend the rest don't exist.

It's a real shame it tainted the industry so bad though.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
"This game is pretty everything like Halo but trust us, it is not Halo, but you will buy it because you bought Halo."

Renegen

Arcane
There is justice after all. Apparently Halo 4 sucks and no one likes it because it's too casualized compared to the "classics" like Halo 2 and Halo 3. Halo franchise is in dire straights. The console plebs that ushered in the decline with Halo have now felt the same sense of betrayal and disappointment we now feel, except they're still tasteless morons.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There is justice after all. Apparently Halo 4 sucks and no one likes it because it's too casualized compared to the "classics" like Halo 2 and Halo 3. Halo franchise is in dire straights. The console plebs that ushered in the decline with Halo have now felt the same sense of betrayal and disappointment we now feel, except they're still tasteless morons.

Really? That's awesome. I only know the reviewer reaction to Halo 4 which was jizztastic.

Renegen

Arcane

Really? That's awesome. I only know the reviewer reaction to Halo 4 which was jizztastic.
Well yeah, that's what successful PR looks like. The people who pre-order every game haven't been happy with the direction of the Halo franchise and Halo 4 is one more nail in the coffin. But to the outside world and those who don't play Halo but are potential customers, it's the best game ever. I just noticed it by reading a few things here and there. Halo's been dropped from pro gaming for example, it's dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom