Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

ind33d

Learned
Bungie Replaces Marathon Director Amid Leadership Shakeup, Fears of Layoffs

https://www.ign.com/articles/bungie...s-barrett-as-game-director?utm_source=threads

Within the company, there is a growing expectation that senior company leadership will leave in droves in the summer of 2026 when the final payouts from Sony's acquisition of the company take effect.
marathon is now a hero shooter LMAO

frajaq

Erudite
the very mild enthusiasm I had for Marathon (mostly the unique aesthetics of the trailer plus those details about it having some unique mechanics aside from an extraction shooter) is now gone

Old Hans

Arcane
bungie is a shadow of its former self. they're like Sauron after his ring falls into Mound Doom. They may as well just switch over to monetarized mobile phone slot machine games

ADL

Prophet
Interesting, the mix and match class ability stuff aligns with a leak that also mentioned Destiny 3 being in development.

Luke Smith kinda teases it too.

Gerrard

Arcane
Funny how this game doesn't require a PSN account despite being owned by Sony now.

Would 100% need it in the future if the Helldivers drama didn't happen, now I'm unsure. Destiny 1 required it if you played on PS3/PS4. (no PC version, other option was xbox)

But yeah apparently it's all free until June, including the seasons and their guaranteed weapon patterns drop daily instead of weekly. (completing a pattern lets you customize the perks instead of relying on RNG drops)

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Still not enough to get me to come back. Every update, every genuflection, every concession they make brings with it another unspoken insult. The removal of upgrade materials, an insult to those that spent weeks and weeks of their lives farming Grandmaster Nightfalls. The addition of a craftable version of Outbreak Perfected is an insult to me, who spent at least a hundred hours maxing out the original weapon's catalyst. The removal of Special ammo from the Crucible, an insult to the 99% of PvP players to appease the 1%. The reworking of core mechanics like Titan shoulder charges, an insult to those that spent thousands of hours mastering the game's tech. One harebrained decision after another, over and over and over again.

Seeing Bungie like this, the apple polisher that keeps dropping the apple in the mud in their desperate attempts to please, elicits only contempt rather than gratitude. No, I'll come back when the game's dead and long abandoned. At least then, I can be sure they won't remove jumping or sliding in the next update.

Perkel

Arcane
>No, I'll come back when the game's dead and long abandoned.

They will just switch off servers. Because Destiny main point is to nickel and dime users not to make a good game.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
The first game's servers still haven't been shut down yet, despite getting like 40 concurrent players tops, on a good week.

But of course, this is also assuming that Bungie survives the end of D2, and whatever abomination they make afterward. Frankly, they can all burn. I'm actually hoping Sony will shutter this studio permanently. A just reward for betraying their own principles, pimping themselves out to whoever has money.

Too many women and trannies have spoiled the pot, and now they're simply creatively incapable of making anything any man would recognize as a "Bungie game".

The addition of a craftable version of Outbreak Perfected is an insult to me, who spent at least a hundred hours maxing out the original weapon's catalyst.
You don't have to get it again, it's considered the same gun.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/twid-05-09-2024Prismatic

subclasses gameplay previews. I think this is what was shown in the larger weekly videos about TFS recently, but here they are in short clip form.

Now I'm wondering if that leak about a new subclass was just leakanon overdosing on weapons grade hopium for a SIVA subclass, or if he really saw ideas for this and got the wrong idea. (edit: Nope, he specifically mentioned prism)

Unofficial graphic

Sja3Pm5.jpeg

Unfortunately none of them gets the solar fusion grenade, so that ends my hopes of an Ashen Wake + Shinobu's Vow class item that gives me a fastball fusion grenade that detonates on impact and chases enemies for maximum pebble throwing.

yi-sang-ego.gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom