Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
That's the average length of a Souls game, around 25 or 30 hours.
Sure if you're a gaming God and don't care to collect every single little secret. On replays absolutely but for a first timer those numbers are unrealistic as all hell.

Sure if you're a gaming God and don't care to collect every single little secret. On replays absolutely but for a first timer those numbers are unrealistic as all hell.
my very first ds1 playthrough was around that with dlc included. it was my first from game as well. same for 2 and 3.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
my very first ds1 playthrough was around that with dlc included. it was my first from game as well. same for 2 and 3.
Okay, what did you think of Great Hollow, Ash Lake, and Painted World on your first playthrough?

soutaiseiriron

Educated
Yeah, it's not that hard compared to later games, although I've only done DS1 and 2.

They're really pushovers compared to the shit From cooked up in later games.
Basically. Flamelurker and maybe King Allant are the most later-souls-game-like bosses this one has. Then again, the heals in this are a big part of the reason why it's not that hard, little chance I would have done King Allant first try without this game's liberal heals. Maybe I would have, maybe I would have just played in an entirely different, safer way instead, who knows. In a sense it's not that bad of a thing to have more heals since the alternative will mean players just rat, cheese and spamroll harder.

Dragon God because I completely forgot the set of "puzzles" you gotta do to beat him.
Yeah, he's dogshit. As I said, Bed of Chaos of DeS.
I'm 90% sure that the way you're supposed to stand behind the pillars down the stairs is fucked up too. I made this top-down diagram of what I mean. Even if the dragon has clear line of sight if you're standing directly behind the pillar, he can't hit you there. If you stand in the crossed off area where he can't see you, you get hit by fire somehow.
KOJuMvZ.png

As for playtime, DeS took me about 23.5h, give or take. I don't have numbers for DS1 since I pirated it, but DS2 took me 44 hours with all DLCs.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, it's not that hard compared to later games, although I've only done DS1 and 2.

They're really pushovers compared to the shit From cooked up in later games.
Basically. Flamelurker and maybe King Allant are the most later-souls-game-like bosses this one has. Then again, the heals in this are a big part of the reason why it's not that hard, little chance I would have done King Allant first try without this game's liberal heals. Maybe I would have, maybe I would have just played in an entirely different, safer way instead, who knows. In a sense it's not that bad of a thing to have more heals since the alternative will mean players just rat, cheese and spamroll harder.

Dragon God because I completely forgot the set of "puzzles" you gotta do to beat him.
Yeah, he's dogshit. As I said, Bed of Chaos of DeS.
I'm 90% sure that the way you're supposed to stand behind the pillars down the stairs is fucked up too. I made this top-down diagram of what I mean. Even if the dragon has clear line of sight if you're standing directly behind the pillar, he can't hit you there. If you stand in the crossed off area where he can't see you, you get hit by fire somehow.
KOJuMvZ.png

As for playtime, DeS took me about 23.5h, give or take. I don't have numbers for DS1 since I pirated it, but DS2 took me 44 hours with all DLCs.

Gotta hump those pillars. IIRC, the one where you're standing back is because the fire would flow around or something something don't stand there you'll die because I said so.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
muh difficult tards destroyed this series
Only DkS3 has bullshit fights. The Elden Ring bosses are also bullshit but they can all be easily cheesed. I highly recommend cheesing the shit out of them, for your own sanity. The majority of BB's bosses weren't bad. Sekiro's fights seem fair but I'm too old and slow for them. I basically have to sacrifice years of my life to beat some of the Sekiro bosses.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Nah, Demon's Souls is easily the smallest. Not a drawback, though.

As for the Flamelurker, iirc the level leading up to him was nontrivial, too. I remember raging after dying just before unlocking the final shortcut

cruel

Cipher
The Elden Ring bosses are also bullshit

Which ones are bullshit, other than Malenia? And let's include the nerf to Godskin Duo of course.

The only really hard boss in Elden Ring, outside of Malenia, was probably true Mohg. And I would never call him bullshit, just 'very hard', mostly for pure melee characters.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Which ones are bullshit, other than Malenia? And let's include the nerf to Godskin Duo of course.
Didn't have any fucking patience with Mogh and Maliketh and Hoarah Loux and Elden Beast either and pre-nerf Radahn was the epitome of retarded bullshit. And hated Fire Giant too, fuck these giant bosses you can't even fully see half of the time.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

The only really hard boss in Elden Ring, outside of Malenia, was probably true Mohg. And I would never call him bullshit, just 'very hard', mostly for pure melee characters.
The Atorias clones, so 99% of them. That formula is beyond tired.

Silva

Arcane
I actually liked the lategame bosses but then I played recently, so they're probably nerfed by updates. Found Malenia, Maliketh, Loux, Mogh, Placidussaex and Godskin duo all fun.

The one I thought I would like but didn't is Radagon/Elden Beast. Not even the emotional music made it for me. I guess the burnout was strong by then.

And I hated Rykard. Fuck that shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom