Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

cruel

Cipher
Trailer looks impressive. More like a total rebuild, not simple remaster. Hoping for the best.

Perkel

Arcane
For folks who don't know:

BluePoint made previously Shadow of Collosus remake.
Their approach is "don't fix what is not broken"

So modern graphics with original gameplay + slight QOL.
Maybe they will get to do last pillar.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
PS5 exclusive or not, that is the question...
It's PS exclusive.

Hard to say these days. Sony is branching out to PC (horizon is their first game and there are strong rumors about Bloodborne coming)
It literally says that at the end of the trailer.

Seems I'm buying a PS5 after all.

Horizon also was exclusive until it wasn't. Like poster above said same leak had DS remake and BB for PC. I wouldn't be shocked if Sony will be releasing more games for PC after horizon.

Well, okay.

I'm buying this fucking PS5 thing if there will be new Silent Hill (as rumours said).

If no - no

SH is dead. Regardless who will make next one it will be just fucking corpse.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
SH is dead. Regardless who will make next one it will be just fucking corpse.

bbbbut there was a rumour that ex-Team Silent itself is secretly doing it...

181074f6a6b2235133b09af0015d8416.jpg

Perkel

Arcane

SH4 also was done by some people from Silent team.
Most of Team Silent went and made studio which made later Siren games again not like silent at all despite similarities.
Fact is that SH1-3 were made due to several people who worked together and each contributed something special.

I know rumor says that Ito is supposedly working on this and Ito was the one that had the most influence on subtleness of SH games (via documentary) but i seriously doubt something will be done with it that will give game justice.

Remember that they were just trying to make Silent Hills with fucking Kojima idiot and PT demo showed pretty well he didn't fucking know what SH was.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Ee6NGcp.jpg

Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended,
so the world might be mended.

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

SH4 also was done by some people from Silent team.
Most of Team Silent went and made studio which made later Siren games again not like silent at all despite similarities.
Fact is that SH1-3 were made due to several people who worked together and each contributed something special.

I know rumor says that Ito is supposedly working on this and Ito was the one that had the most influence on subtleness of SH games (via documentary) but i seriously doubt something will be done with it that will give game justice.

Remember that they were just trying to make Silent Hills with fucking Kojima idiot and PT demo showed pretty well he didn't fucking know what SH was.

SH4 was good. Maybe not so good in a gameplay sense, but it was still great as a narrative, as a style, as a lore.

Also I don't comment on Kojima until I play DS on PC.

It is hard to judge P.T. after playing Layers of Fear and other miriads of its clones.

Perkel

Arcane
Dude, Perkel, bro, focus....it says

PS EXCLUSIVE
at the end of the trailer.
Maybe they will release it on PC in a few years but not now.
Definitely not now.

Every single Horizon trailer also has PS4 exclusive and yet it comes to PC.
Sony already is on PC with PlaystationNow. For them it doesn't make now much difference if they release it properly on steam. For them Xbox and Nintendo are competitors.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Every single Horizon trailer also has PS4 exclusive

Yes, it had, three years ago.

Or is there any part of the sentence "DeS may come to PC in a few years but not now" you don't understand? I'm here all night.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom