Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I got as far as the Ogre caves before the save corruption bug started happening. Is there a way to fix this on the PS4/5 or just give up?
Keep 7-8 saves. Never save on the same file. No way to fix it that I know of.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'm savescumming all day long like a motherfucker. Money is tight and can't afford to lose a single guy anymore. Mercs at the inns scale to the main char's level same as all critters, and while there are no means to procure more money, the merc prices go up with their level. Should have had a more powergaming mindset and savescummed since the start, recruited a full party as early as possible, and begun buying better gear only after. I'm entertaining the thought of restarting because of this, but I'm still hanging in there.

I save scummed the hell out of it and had the fifth team member by the times things started going wrong with the saves. I do recommend paying attention to the betrayal mechanics as that annoyed me enough to restart, and then I had save scum again to build the right party.

Well, I got as far as the Ogre caves before the save corruption bug started happening. Is there a way to fix this on the PS4/5 or just give up?
Keep 7-8 saves. Never save on the same file. No way to fix it that I know of.

I didn't keep enough saves and managed to corrupt my latest one... I'll try again.

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Weapon stats are not always what they advertise on the package. Tried a two-handed weapon that was supposed to be 2d4, but it was in actuality 2d2! So, tossing tokens...

Anyway, two-handed weapons can be awe inspiring. My fighter gets 4 attacks with his full attack, and his hits do twenty something on average with my d12 weapon, and over 70, even 80, on a critical, and sometimes he scores several crits in one full attack. Is fucking devastating. Of course, even bugs have something stupid like 200 plus hp by now. This game is so wack.

Mages are mainly buffers/debuffers again at this point. I find this pretty cool, how drastically things keep changing in this game.

I'm at the dwarf mines currently, and I'm really digging this dungeon. Pun intended.

Enemy mages wasting their time and spells on buffing their useless pets is sad kind of funny.

I didn't keep enough saves and managed to corrupt my latest one... I'll try again.

So far all my corrupts have occurred in save slots 1 and 2. I stopped using those, and haven't had any corrupts for a while now. May be just plain luck paired with magical thinking, but it's worth a try until proven wrong.

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Weapon stats are not always what they advertise on the package. Tried a two-handed weapon that was supposed to be 2d4, but it was in actuality 2d2! So, tossing tokens...
Wait, no, this bug was only in my brain. Forgot the damage isn't listed as dice.
:retarded:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I really wanted to try this game. And tried a lot to find a way to play it in PC, legal or not... There is any chance of it coming back to steam?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really wanted to try this game. And tried a lot to find a way to play it in PC, legal or not... There is any chance of it coming back to steam?
The chances of this game coming to Steam are just as likely as me becoming good looking. Which means, never.

Codex Year of the Donut
The PC build must be out there somewhere, at least a few people bought it on Steam.

[e]
ovagames has it, grabbed a copy for archival purposes

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The PC build must be out there somewhere, at least a few people bought it on Steam.
I own it on Steam, couldn't resist the curiosity lol

The achievements %s are quite weird, seems like 13.2% killed the Count. Seems unlikely a lot of people endured enough to do that, so must be a really tiny number of owners. Makes me want to unlock an achievement and see if the % changes, might be enough to estimate the number of owners.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I own it on Steam, couldn't resist the curiosity lol

The achievements %s are quite weird, seems like 13.2% killed the Count. Seems unlikely a lot of people endured enough to do that, so must be a really tiny number of owners. Makes me want to unlock an achievement and see if the % changes, might be enough to estimate the number of owners.
26.4, probably

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Well, that's it for me. I played as far as I could but the damn game has too many problems. If anyone wants my copy feel free to reach out, otherwise I'm off to sell it on ebay.

A disappointing end, but someone might be more tolerant of the jank.

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Even though I had already suspected it, I was disappointed when I found out that being "permanently blinded" meant only until the end of the battle.

:negative:

Hold Monster can hold humans. People are monsters, too.

So far all my corrupts have occurred in save slots 1 and 2. I stopped using those, and haven't had any corrupts for a while now. May be just plain luck paired with magical thinking, but it's worth a try until proven wrong.

Magical thinking confirmed.

Last edited:

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Just visited the last dungeon. It's a buggy mess, and also looks boring. The worst one in the game. Shame. The dwarf dungeon right before it was the best. Hit level 16 while in the final dungeon, and it isn't even cap yet.

Demons-Age-20220214125229.jpg

The point of no return. A game breaking bug renders this bridge temporary. If you back out of the dungeon at this point, you will be locked out of it and the game can no longer be beaten. If you proceed, you will have to fight all the gazillion fights in the dungeon in one sitting, with no replacing of any fallen mercs, not due to any hardcore game mechanic, but due to bugs.

Demons-Age-20220214103233.jpg

Saving in here turned out to be absolutely impossible.

Because this mega corruption happens only after the room with the bridge, and I didn't know any of this at the time, I have no save left without the bridge activated. So, I'm doomed to fight the final battle with half my team staying lvl 15, but since prota is lvl 16, so are all the enemies. If I had an earlier point save left, I could quickly grind my whole gang to lvl 16 before the final battle.

So, y'all everybody:

BE SURE TO SAVE BEFORE THE SCORCHED EARTH DUNGEON AND DO NOT OVERWRITE THAT SAVE

Or right before fixing the wind machine that can activate the bridge. That would be the final healthy moment.

Demons-Age-20220213152315.jpg

The fights in the dungeon are actually sort of good. Most of them aren't exactly hard, but each one of them has a real potential to be deadly, and a couple even more so. Your fate essentially hangs with the luck of the dice, which sucks ass when you have to go through all of these who knows how many times due to fucking bugs.

Demons-Age-20220214080142.jpg

Despite promises, confused critters will never take action.

Demons-Age-20220214084645.jpg

Rounds look funny once all enemies are held or confused.

Demons-Age-20220214102959.jpg

Nice late game superpower.

Demons-Age-20220214103306.jpg

At the end of the game, I still have a bunch of unfinished side quests. I didn't even find the Necrogoblicon! And I thought I'd looked absolutely everywhere. Either I failed to be as thorough as I thought, or there are secret areas, or they are just bugged.

Demons-Age-20220214110500.jpg

I fought the final boss, Vazuhr, and lost. Will have to try again at some point, but it will be a chore.

Demons-Age-20220214103703.jpg

Moragonians and their royalty :lol:

The bottom half of the worldmap fully revealed...:
Demons-Age-20220213150512.jpg

...and disappointingly underutilized.

The Dwarf Dungeon:
Demons-Age-20220212205909.jpg

There was no way to capture the majesty of the dwarf king's tomb with a screenshot, but there was a really nice sense of it being a huuuuge cavern.

Demons-Age-20220212211633.jpg

The fight with the undead dwarf king was a bit fun. A bunch of harmless ghosts suddenly right in your face turns them into a surprisingly plausible threat.

Demons-Age-20220211163741.jpg

Must be an interesting read.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Hold Monster
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 4, Law 6, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M/DF
Target: One living creature
This spell functions like hold person, except that it affects any living creature that fails its Will save.

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Good news everyone. No need to do the whole dungeon in one sitting, after all. Turns out there's an autosave function in the game which I hadn't even noticed before, as the autosave slot doesn't appear with the manual saves. Whenever you enter a new floor, the game autosaves into this secret slot, which is loaded from a "continue" button in the main menu, and this autosave still works in the final dungeon. Yay, I'll soon be back for that rematch.

Meanwhile, feast your eyes on this beautiful glitch. I went to start a new game, but instead of the rowing prisoners, the Wave Tamer slave ship was full of these weird boardgame pawns. And each pawn represented this generic dude:

Demons-Age-20220214180145.jpg

CONVICTED, reads where a character's name usually is. I'm sure you all notice what's problematic as fuck about this character. So, I did like any good citizen would, and changed, uh, fixed...

Demons-Age-20220214180217.jpg

...zer gender to "unknown," as it should be. Fuck all binary shit, amirite? I'm a raptor! Rawr!

Anyway, doesn't this shit almost look like there might actually be a character generator hidden somewhere in the game's code, and it might merely be disabled?

Too bad I couldn't toggle anything else, and that the game didn't actually start with this freak-o, and I had to return to the menu instead. Fascinating nonetheless.

dumbuglyorc

I think I speak on behalf of most people reading this thread when I say: thank you for taking this one for the team!

What are orcs there for, if not to be mind controlled and thrown at suicide targets?

Hold Monster
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 4, Law 6, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M/DF
Target: One living creature
This spell functions like hold person, except that it affects any living creature that fails its Will save.

Ah, this description actually sounds vaguely familiar. How could I ever have forgotten this?! How?! :negative:

Edit:

Here's a regular character selection screen for comparison:
Demons-Age-20220203124531.jpg

Last edited:

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Took the rematch. The battle was entertaining.

My mistake last time was to focus too much on Vazuhr, because I sorely overestimated his threat level. He sure seems menacing when first witnessed, tossing fireballs left and right, but late game fireballs aren't actually all that formidable anymore. The real stars of this show are the two corrupted priests in his army. They both have a ton of hold person spells, and need themselves to be held asap. Then all the close combat rabble needs to be confused before it's time to finally kick the shit outta the big bad.

Though Vazuhr is not the most dangerous player on the board, he's not completely harmless either, for his use of late game Acid Arrows is quite deadly. Anyway, I won this time without losing a single one of my guys. Although had it taken one round longer, the corrosion would have reaped my fighter.

I imagine having a cleric in the party might cause a differing experience. I had two wizards, two rangers and a fighter.

Demons-Age-20220215140648-1.jpg

Raza dealing the final blow. Maybe she'll finally stop feeling so bad about herself.

Oh, maybe not. The moment Vazuhr bites the dust, the hobo-king of Moragon runs in wearing a suicide bomb vest, and blows everybody, one and all, to kingdom come. The game ends with a whimpering bang.

Moragonians.

So, washed up murder hobo didn't end up marrying the princess and becoming the tyrant of Moragon, after all. The princess became a lonely, bitter old queen instead, and ruled happily ever after.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Nothing says contempt for your audience like "rocks fall, everyone dies."

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trophy.jpg

0.1% change upon earning a trophy. Somebody with a tagged mathematics skill able to decipher what this means?

I haven't tagged mathematics since high school (and even then...) but if there's no round up of % of people having the achievement (unlikely) and I've done no mistakes (even more unlikely), there's 1000 owners of this game on PS4. Of course considering there should be some rounding taking place, the exact figure would be much different and taking that into account is way beyond my skills

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom