Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Delay for shinier Witcher

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Lestat said:
The Russian publisher said that the translation will be improved in Enhanced Edition. I believe CDPR named the most atrocious ones.
Considering that the Hungarian localization was an amateurish translation of the English version, that makes it at least as atrocious as the English one. Anyway, further research revealed that the Enhanced Edition will only have English, German, Russian, and Polish versions.

So, import time it is, then.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lestat said:
The Russian publisher said that the translation will be improved in Enhanced Edition. I believe CDPR named the most atrocious ones.

wow so they will actually use more than 1 female voice-actor for all females in the game?
and will they change those whole 3 male voice-actors that sound like they got their balls cut off?
did the fucking chocolate in-game ad made them enough money for that?
ND are such greedy commie bastards

Warden

Arbiter
Why can I play TW (the demo) with shadows on with my Nvidia 6600 without problems.. but when I try turning on proper shadows in NWN 2 it becomes a bit chopppy? :(
One thing must be said though... prior to upgrading my 512 mb ram to triple that I couldn't run the TW demo at all (it was also due to the default graphic settings being maxed out), while I could run NWN2 smoothly (without shadows bigger than dots on the ground).
These computers are a strange thing...

I won't purchase TW because I like to be able to customise my character (race, class, appearance etc.) and more importantly... I don't like the combat system: from being required to click at the right time (if I want to play a reflex driven game I play Warcraft and not an rpg with this pseudo player-skill system) to a lot of other combat related stuff. :) But the grafix are excellent..

Educated
The Witcher is a failed idea. They should make a game about the main protagonist of Wiedźmin series, 'The Witcheress'. There's so much potential about her that it makes me sad to see they preffered to have Geralt return from fucken Avalon instead of continuing her miserable (yet incredibly interesting) adventures. Maybe in sequel she will meke a cameo, but I doubt it. Perhaps she was just too anti-fantasy and 'real' to include in the game.

Anyway, what in-game ad?

(sorry, no more posts when wasted)

Warden

Arbiter
BrainSquirmingLikeAToad said:
If you want to play dress-up then go get a fucking barbie doll. God, I hate how everything has been taking a back seat to character creation.

Are you 1-dimensional? Let's see.. if I want to be able to CHOOSE who I want to play with I should instead go dress a Barbie? :roll: So.. why don't you just go read the book if you want to be Geralt?

Second point, is the combat system really that intrusive and horrible that it prevents you from enjoying the RPG aspects of the game? (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the main focus of TW... you know, the RPG stuff)

Yes, I want my rpgs to be stats/items/abilities driven not clicking skill driven. Besides.. haven't noticed anything interesting about the combat mechanics in TW - and I hate not having all the calculations involved presented to me in the log.

I choose what is the focus of the games I play, kid. You aren't serious when you tell me what should I focus on or like in a game, right? :D

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Warden said:
Yes, I want my rpgs to be stats/items/abilities driven not clicking skill driven.
Well, I guess your only option is to go back to your favourite Bioware masterpieces, then.

Warden

Arbiter
Elwro said:
Well, I guess your only option is to go back to your favourite Bioware masterpieces, then.

Is it?
Besides... why would I risk getting an involuntary reflex disorder with my forefinger.
Click click click on the same enemy 10 times. How boring.

PS. Nothing labeled biowhore is a masterpiece if morons like gaider and co worked on it. Even if they did not work on it... it still cannot be a masterpiece since it's produced by a fascistic company.

Warden

Arbiter
BrainSquirmingLikeAToad said:
"I won't purchase TW because I like to be able to customise my character (race, class, appearance etc.)"

You posted this. Is English your second or third language? Do you understand what this sentence means?

Yeah, and I posted this also - which follows what you quoted: "and more importantly... I don't like the combat system: from being required to click at the right time (if I want to play a reflex driven game I play Warcraft and not an rpg with this pseudo player-skill system) to a lot of other combat related stuff."

Are you selectively blind?

I was only asking if the combat elements prevented you from enjoying the RPG elements, which is the main focus of the game. I'm not telling you anything. You should have understood this since I put a question mark at the end of that sentence. A lack of logged damage calculations prevents you from enjoying an RPG? Boy, have I been confused. Hey, do you have an extra copy of Excel RPG that I could borrow?

I don't think RPGs are for you.

Why would I have to bother about what's preventing me to enjoy what you think I should enjoy in a game?
I didn't find the combat system appealing - and that includes not having relevant calculations presented to me (to hit, damage etc.). I don't know how to further explain that to you nor do I want to.

It's funny when someone starts throwing around the word kid. I can just picture them at their computer, face red, eyes bulging, Doritos foaming at the mouth, the fat lard in their stomach and legs vibrating furiously while one fat cheese-coated finger types in the big comeback insult. You called someone a kid! That'll teach 'em!

I'm slim and attractive. Of course, you can't know if you're talking with someone who's fat and eating Doritos or not. In fact, I eat a lot of snacks but my metabolism is superb. On the other hand, you can pretty much figure out if you're talking with a kid, sorry, a retarded kid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom