Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Also - they lost my checked in luggage, with my power converter. So I can't charge my laptop. Should be alright because it's 75% full anyway so I'll redo turn tomorrow.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So. All of us here, no matter how hard we hate each other, are forced to deal with one common problem.

The werewolf problem.

You probably know that some of the werewolf packs are led by wolf shamans or simply badass werewolves wearing Lycanthropos' Amulet. A curious piece indeed.

r3IYX7Y.jpg

"The wild powers of the amulet will eventually turn the wearer into a beast". Last time I used this was back in Dominions 4 times. I can swear I remember how this amulet transforms the wearer into a werewolf, given enough time.

A couple months ago one of Helheim's fearless werewolf hunters found this amulet on a shaman's corpse.

baMCXk6.jpg

Poor fool just couldn't resist the temptation. He had to put it on. The amulet is cursed and causes berserk state, so... Another one answers the Ill Moon's call. I've sent him over to Marverni to find a glorious death in battle.

Another month passes. Time to give orders and stuff. Can't find my werewolf hunter.

Wait... what..?

HvviBdl.jpg

WHAT?!

voTwrCw.jpg

Apparently, this amulet has the power to turn VANIR into HUMAN.

Fuck you, Dominions. Fuck you, Illwinter.

Zu3nwTD.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Grimwulf

Yea I don't understand what's up with all these werewolf attacks... not even a throne of beasts in play.

Is a real mystery.
giphy.gif

They killed at least one commander I sort-of cared about at this point.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yea I don't understand what's up with all these werewolf attacks... not even a throne of beasts in play.

It's the Ill Moon. I posted the message some time ago.

IIAjiCI.jpg

My butthurt knows no limit. Arger Werewolf Hunter is in the middle of Marverni lands right now.

And he lost the ability to sneak.

He cannot move.

FUUUUUUUUUCK :rage:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Owell - 1 less VineBrandJarl to care about.

I wish I could take credit for the Ill Moon, but alas it annoys me also... especially since I can't simply throw a horde of maenads at the wolves and kill them, i tried and the werewolves ate like 50 maenads.

I had to call the armed offender squad - 5 centaurs cleared them up no sweat.

Grif - not sure which country is best analogy for your situation. You've got like 3000+ gold stockpiled right?

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Meanwhile under the sea:

giphy.gif

I want to play water nations just so everything is so much simpler and less stressful so I don't have fucking dominions meltdown like last two pages, at least it ended with good feels and status quo maintained.

I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bros, I'm sorry to say it's time for me to leave my babies in Lucid's capable hands. Be gentle to my fledgling kingdom.

Mr Adming Xir whoever you are, please change the mail to Lucid's, which you can get via PM from him. Have fun everyone!

sqeecoo

Arcane
Two weeks! Not that short, that's maybe like, two or three turns by the current pace! You're in good hands with Lucid though, I'm sure.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'd love to see the game from your perspective just out of curiosity haha, and Grimwulfs... but I'm 99% sure Grimmy is just spamming vine-brand terminators as usual.

In his defense, I always get mass troops and thug killaz.... I found out just recently that you can actually break vine shields if you do high damage, so it isnt that great against cavalry and giants.

Infinitum

Scholar
A hundred Helhirdings? I'm well fucked. Still, I suppose things could've been even worse. Hey Grimwulf; a riddle for the god of mists and shadows:

What walks on six legs, sees through four eyes, speaks with two tongues, heeds but one master, yet falls with no mind?

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
One day I'll get to those delicious Kings before everyone routs. Though I admit, maybe if one of them decided to actually use those spears that could have hurt. :)
KzhJurG.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
WTB 85 blood slaves for any combination of 30-40 gems plus a D/E booster or Dwarven Hammer(Skull or Boots).

This is of course to any enemies or potential enemies of Lanka/Fomoria/Pangaea. Mufasa is getting a little nicked up murdering elves.

sqeecoo

Arcane
KoolNoodles, how the hell are you still alive? Haven't you been getting horribly gangraped by 4 players for like 20 turns now? Someone explain pls. I mean heroic defense is one thing, this is just starting to look embarrassing for your many, many enemies :D

KoolNoodles

Arcane
KoolNoodles, how the hell are you still alive? Haven't you been getting horribly gangraped by 4 players for like 20 turns now? Someone explain pls. I mean heroic defense is one thing, this is just starting to look embarrassing for your many, many enemies :D

I won't exactly take credit for all that(and it seems more impressive than it is). The front is small on both sides, and Grimwulf stopped attacking a couple turns back. To be fair to him, there wasn't much left to take and Fomorian raiders were right next to him. Might have gotten messy. Anyways, he probably rightly calculated that it was worth more to him that I fight one side of nations rather than take a few extra provinces from me(he already grabbed 10+).

Add on to that a SC Pretender and Machaka being highly mobile, plus some luck.....

Also, Lanka stopped attacking me, partly because they didn't have a good route(though you are near one side mondblut ). :M

Mostly, aside from some back and forth raiding and killing of thugs, it has just been my Pretender repeatedly killing Fomorians. I guess Lanka lost a bunch of sacreds early, but that was a while ago.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron

1) Grimwulf stopped attacking him ages ago and is his pseudo-master
2) My forces were out of position for a long time, so I wasn't really "attacking" just jabbing with harpies, maenads and satyrs - I do have my sacreds there now which Machaka hasn't fought up to this point we will see.
3) Lanka sent two groups of demons who got rekt, since then he's given up
4) 80-90% of the battles are between Fomoria and Machaka

I was going to attack Machaka's flank with my main army, but I had to go through Lanka. I ended up making Lanka a vassal. From the Pangaean perspective we are healthily winning the war - based on net profit/losses.

He hasn't gained anything and he has lost maybe 1/2 his territory. Grimwulf is keeping him alive to do some damage to us, as soon as we overwhelm Machaka, Grimwulf will take his throne and Capital - nothing we could do about this because Grimwulf entered the war when Machaka had already moved all his stuff west and Machaka decided not to bother defending.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Mostly right, except Grimwulf is not anything close to my master. He lets me live so I kill more of you, I don't expect anything more and if he goes for my throne/cap there will be at least some resistance. I killed ~3 thugs and other stuff, but yes....by the time he attacked me(after our NAP ended), I was woefully out of position. No point defending what is already lost.

As for the rest, yeah I'd say Pangaea hasn't lost anything of note. Pretty good use of other players/allies.

Perhaps my best ally in this game has been Mictlan. Thanks for the trades!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Mostly right, except Grimwulf is not anything close to my master. He lets me live so I kill more of you, I don't expect anything more and if he goes for my throne/cap there will be at least some resistance. I killed ~3 thugs and other stuff, but yes....by the time he attacked me(after our NAP ended), I was woefully out of position. No point defending what is already lost.

As for the rest, yeah I'd say Pangaea hasn't lost anything of note. Pretty good use of other players/allies.

Perhaps my best ally in this game has been Mictlan. Thanks for the trades!

Fomoria hasn't lost anything important either, I think 14 cap-only Nemedians is your best damage on him.
EDIT - no it appears Fomoria has lost a good number of elite troops, but no commanders.

I haven't lost anything except some prestige infront of my vassals, but now that you've defeated mini-boss Lanka and holding your ground against middle-boss Fomoria, final-boss Pangaea will attack you with my prophet's army

I'm not overly happy about killing your Myrmecoleon/Lion kings only for Grimwulf to snatch your capital/throne as soon as he sees me do it.. it's never too late for redemption KoolNoodles - the real enemy is Grimwulf.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A hundred Helhirdings? I'm well fucked. Still, I suppose things could've been even worse. Hey Grimwulf; a riddle for the god of mists and shadows:

What walks on six legs, sees through four eyes, speaks with two tongues, heeds but one master, yet falls with no mind?

Fomoria-Lanka union.

Grimwulf stopped attacking him ages ago and is his pseudo-master
it appears Berytos has rebelled against his master.
command me master

You are the only one playing this game. I don't believe in enslaved Pretender Gods, willingly giving up on Ascension.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
If you dont understand the concept of enslaved subordinate pretenders, you are unworthy of the title Pantokrator - who did do this exact thing.

When I eventually ascend, you will be banished to Tartarus, the other gods will enjoy peace, prosperity and local-dominion.

KoolNoodles - my flying nigga killa is coming for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom