Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deciding Next Title to Play...

donjn

Educated
I need help picking my next title to play...

Lords of Xulima
Might & Magic X
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Wasteland 2
Underrail (might wait for official release)

In fact, if you submit the order I should play them in, that would help too. Reason being Might & Magic X and Xulima have the same combat. Might not want to play them back to back.

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
1. Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Best game on the list, no contest, no reason to start with anything else.

2. Wasteland 2, for sweet nostalgia turned decent RPG.

3. Lords of Xulima. Forget M&M X entirely, it's not worth anyone's time.

4. Underrail (wait for official release).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wasteland 2 is fantastic and everyone needs to play it ASAP.

imweasel

My personal ranking of the games you listed:

1. Dragonfall
2. Wasteland 2
3. MMX
4. Lords of Xulima
5. Underrail (wait until the game leaves early access)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Dragonfall. Then WL2, maybe Xulima and, if that become possible, Underrail.
If you struggle with titles, then you should wait for full games, not try to be tester and lost will when full game come.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Forget M&M X entirely, it's not worth anyone's time.

UJsJLb6.png

That tag suits you well :salute:

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
That tag suits you well :salute:
If you were less of a moron, you'd know that I voted for every single option in that shit poll including kingcomrade, just in protest of Goat Vomit's arbitrary bellyfeels guiding the shortlist selection process.

But, oh well, let's poke the guy with the undeserved tag with a stick, maybe he'll do something amusing and then we can laugh and blame him for that. :roll:

donjn

Educated
Well, it looks like Shadowrun is the best, followed by Wasteland 2. But I dont want to play them in the best order. I might want to save the best for last. Shadowrun and Wasteland might be too similar to play back to back. I want a more "strategic" order. Keep in mind, after these 4 RPGs I am going to either run through the whole Ultima franchise starting with Ultima III or I will finish off Skyrim (*ducks for cover*)

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
Well, it looks like Shadowrun is the best, followed by Wasteland 2. But I dont want to play them in the best order. I might want to save the best for last. Shadowrun and Wasteland might be too similar to play back to back. I want a more "strategic" order.
Dear Lord, if you want to play these games in a more "strategic" order and save the best for last, then play them in a more "strategic" order and save the best for last. :roll: :roll:

What's the point of asking for help if your expectations are so subjective and arbitrary, no one can possibly take them into account while responding to the thread? Clearly, you know enough about the titles to arrange them in any order you like, and it's just five/four titles. :roll: :roll:

You're like one of those submissive guys who want a highly specific number of things done to them in a highly specific order, but they want YOU to guess what it is, all the while insisting they are your slave. :roll:

donjn

Educated
You're like one of those submissive guys who want a highly specific number of things done to them in a highly specific order, but they want YOU to guess what it is, all the while insisting they are your slave. :roll:

Leave it to Glaurung the "shitposter" to read all of that into it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man...!
Glaurung, you got issues babay
In the words of Mr Marshall Mathers
I think you need some counseling to help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some

If you don't want to play the titles with the same combat back to back, then Lord of Xulima, Wasteland 2, Might and Magic, and the best for last, Dragonfall. Don't bother with Underrail until it's finished.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
Dear Lord, if you want to play these games in a more "strategic" order and save the best for last, then play them in a more "strategic" order and save the best for last. :roll: :roll:

What's the point of asking for help if your expectations are so subjective and arbitrary, no one can possibly take them into account while responding to the thread? Clearly, you know enough about the titles to arrange them in any order you like, and it's just five/four titles. :roll: :roll:

I read this post and immediately read your signature and I think this post qualifies.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
There must be something wrong with me but so far everytime I read a Glaurung post I thought 'that guy is actually right with what he is saying'. As far as I can see he got his tag simply for having the nerve to argue in favor of Skyrim and giving actual arguments - that is making concise and reasonable posts and listing the specific reasons for his codex-controversial statements - meanwhile the other posters in that thread where just like "LOL he LiKeS sKyrimJOb whAt a shHitpoooster trolololo!!!".

He is right in this thread as well. Tag is undeserved in my opinion, just sayin.

donjn

Educated
There must be something wrong with me but so far everytime I read a Glaurung post I thought 'that guy is actually right with what he is saying'. As far as I can see he got his tag simply for having the nerve to argue in favor of Skyrim and giving actual arguments - that is making concise and reasonable posts and listing the specific reasons for his codex-controversial statements - meanwhile the other posters in that thread where just like "LOL he LiKeS sKyrimJOb whAt a shHitpoooster trolololo!!!".

He is right in this thread as well. Tag is undeserved in my opinion, just sayin.

No, you just thought it was "clever" for him to use a completely unnecessarily BDSM analogy to explain my so-called indecisiveness. What you and he didn't get is that I am asking the question to people who have already played these games, so for me to pick a more strategic order to play these games might not be the correct choice.

V_K

Arcane
Actually, LoX and MMX have fairly different combats even though both are blobbers. LoX has a number of positioning options and initiative/turn order mechanics. MMX lacks that, but combat happens in the gameworld, which adds other tactical considerations. I'd say that out of the two LoX has it better because of tighter attrition/resource management side of things.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'd play Xulima/MMX first to get your combat/exploration-fill and then Dragonfall for a bit of story. Personally, I found Xulima too grindy and corridory for my tastes. I liked MMX's open-world exploration, puzzles, and loot-whoring. If you already got them both you'll just have to do a test run.

Perkel

Arcane
NEO SCAVENGER

Game is fucking meth crystalized so us mortals could sniff it out from underage pussy of incline

Drowed

Arcane
1. Dragonfall - Simply a great game all around.
2. Lords of Xulima - Nice game, give a 'nostalgic feeling', at least for me.
3. MMX - Didn't play much, but seems fine so far.
4. Wasteland 2 - Don't have it (yet). But for what I read about, looks good.
5. Underrail - Wait until the game leaves early access.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom