Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear nazi douchebags, (or: no-ban policy has been revoked)

Mantiis

Cipher
everyone is a cunt

Why are you complaining about this again?
So, down with all this "Whaa we're so much decline, devs won't come near any longer" bullshit. Get a fucking grip.

This place has clearly come down with a case of the stupids. It was clear in my first post. I do not disagree - I do not want an increase in moderation I was merely suggesting that there be a little more civility regarding developers who take the time to post. Calling their product shit and calling their persons shit are two different things and using their likeness as avatars is also stupid.

Having said that I don't know why I posted on this matter, I should have known better. Feel free to ignore my whole post as opposed to the parts that have been selectively ignored - it would make my life so much easier and I would get a whole lot more work done.

Secretninja said:
I'm beginning to see where the biggest faggot since Mantiis thing comes from...

Helton wanted to create a meme and he randomly chose my name:

To: Mantiis
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am
Subject: Faggot
I actually don't remember you very well for any particular post, or your positions on anything. You just won the lottery, kid. Congratulations.

DarkUnderlord said:
Naked Ninja said:
What's the real difference if someone calls someone a "niggerjew" instead of perhaps telling them to "put more points into perception"? We're all smart enough here to know there's no difference between the two.
You can't tell the difference between calling someone's opinion stupid/imperceptive and a racial slur? Really?
Except you didn't call his opinion stupid or imperceptive. You called him a retard.

Why is your derogatory slur towards the mentally disabled more acceptable than a racial slur? The mentally disabled are fair game in your books?

And the real kicker is... he's not going to be banned. Because no one gives a shit. :lol:

This pretty much illustrates the point. He can only call me a retard and not be banned / warned for it because of the leniency he criticizes the Codex for.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Re: everyone is a cunt

Mantiis said:
I do not want an increase in moderation I was merely suggesting that there be a little more civility regarding developers who take the time to post.
Yes but who's being uncivil towards developers now?

Mantiis said:
To: Mantiis
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am
Subject: Faggot
I actually don't remember you very well for any particular post, or your positions on anything. You just won the lottery, kid. Congratulations.
LIES.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Do you really think that devs stop coming here due to language and memetards? MCA cancelled an interview he was seemingly enthusiastic about for a vastly friendlier site than this. Reason? Suits.
Avellone is a co-founder. Do you not understand what this word means? If there is a guy in Obsidian who doesn't need to ask for anyone's permission, that would be MCA.

Melcar

Arcane
Bullshit.

But seriously for a second here. I don't get why everyone is going all emo butthurt and giving our Generalísimo DU so much shit. The Codex is many things, but ultimately it's a place where we are free to discuss games without having to be overly PC about shit. It's relaxing and fun to be here. The Codex is still capable of meaningful discussions, unless of course, you much rather go on bitching about decline this and decline that. Don't be so serious business and shit.
I have been to countless other "game" forums before and after I came to The Codex, and I have yet to see one were there is such a diverse user base. Most places have even worse hiveminds than The Codex, making good discussions rather difficult. Stop acting like a little bitch and just enjoy your time here, like everyone else is doing.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
denizsi said:
Do you really think that devs stop coming here due to language and memetards? MCA cancelled an interview he was seemingly enthusiastic about for a vastly friendlier site than this. Reason? Suits.
Avellone is a co-founder. Do you not understand what this word means? If there is a guy in Obsidian who doesn't need to ask for anyone's permission, that would be MCA.

That's not how it works in real life. You should know better, VD.

denizsi

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
denizsi said:

Sure hon. That's why he first showed enthusiasm for pooperscooper's questions and then told him:

Hey, Pooperscooper, the interview's not going to happen. It might be because of the profanity in my answers even in the rough draft, I don't know. *I* thought it was funny, so I can't imagine anyone else thinking differently.

and yet he doesn't even *know* (or is unwilling to tell, for one reason or another) why he isn't doing it. That's some co-founder authority right there. He sure doesn't need to ask anyone, especially not the people funding Obsidian to make games for their pitched, corporate-owned multi-million dollar IPs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Secretninja said:
I'm beginning to see where the biggest faggot since Mantiis thing comes from...

You don't say? Not sucking every developer's cock is one of the prime reasons why I'm here. Treating every dev super-extra-special is about the most bad suggestion I've seen.

You know, I just can't see it, VD. I'm scrolling through old topics, and I just can't spot the decline. Your example with the Mossad-thread is a good example: The topic is so boring, people are derailing it instead of posting seriously. And you know? If someone thought it wasn't boring, he or she could just go ahead and make a serious post. Does it suddenly become impossible to post in a thread, just because five people before your post said 'niggerjew'?

Both myself and Wyrmlord have previously posted serious posts in threads derailed for two pages BECAUSE IT'S NOT SO FUCKING HARD TO IGNORE, IS IT? What. the. fuck. forces you to be part of supposed decline, or even be annoyed by it?

And that must be it, must it not? In my time here, I've taken part in lots and lots of good, deep, political discussion, especially with my man Wyrmlord, and not once have such a discussion been interrupted by anything other than opinion. Even if it was, WE WOULDN'T CARE.

This is all very fucked up. DarkUnderlord isn't even approving anarchy, he's just advocating freedom of speech. If it was anarchy, the mods or himself wouldn't be there at all.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
denizsi said:
STOP POLLUTING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR DECLINE!

Excuse me, are you out of your mind? Using caps lock is an obvious sign of aggression, and if you continue with this destructive behaviour I'll have to inform the moderators. For heaven's sake, there could be children viewing these boards!

Vibalist

Arcane
denizsi said:
Vibalist said:
The Muhammad drawings are a great way to illustrate my point. The drawers wanted to start a debate on Islam, which is cool, but the means they used to start this debate ensured that it ended before it began, and no one gained anything from it other than hate and animosity. What was the point, really? We can all agree that the muslims are over-sensitive and fanatic when it comes to their religion (just like people on the Bioware forums are allergic to the word "fuck"), but offending them like the way we did never solved anything.

You are a pussy. Following is my argument for why I used that defaming word:

The situation with muslims is as much "us against them" as it goes. If you want to coexist with muslims, there are only two ways: Up (towards peace and tolerance) or down (towards becoming muslims' bitches). Guess which way the west is going?

A significant (not majority, but significant enough to scare the shit out of neoliberaltards) amount of muslims living in the west are terrorists, eg. people who terrorize a society and forces them to submit to their demands out of fear. Forget about Al-Qaeda, bombers and all that shit that retards are brainwashed to believe to be terrorism. Real terrorists are those who live in your backyard and make you feel insecure in your own home. There is no negotiating with terrorists. You can't give them special treatment over anybody else. You need to treat them as you would anyone as aggressively as you can or they will never understand, they will never evolve. They will forever stay as the spoilt brat of the west. If muslims want to live in the west, they must first come to understand, then to accept and finally tolerate every aspect of the west.

It's those like you who are always concerned and scared like a helpless little child that give in to ridiculous demands and help raise oppressive banners of neoliberalism further. Therefore, you are a pussy.

Fair enough. But keep in mind that I used the Muhammed incident to explain why I don't think you should go to the Bioware forums and yell fuck shit bitch. I really don't give a toss about all your political ideas.

denizsi

Arcane
Those aren't my political ideas. Those are the absolute and the ultimate truth (tm). There can not be an alternative.

Murk

Arcane
Well five pages have passed since Naked Ninja last responded to me, and I have yet to read his response (will do after posting this) but I get the feeling that any discussion we could have had on the topic is basically a moot point at this venue but I feel that anyone is entitled to a proper response if they put int he time and effort to write one out for me.

So, NN, do you care for a response or should we just skip to the inevitable conclusion where we either call each other idiots and/or bro-fist and roll out?

Project: Eternity
795663655_muvmH-L.jpg

Vibalist

Arcane
Grunker said:
I'm merely saying that you might as well avoid cursing if you know the people you're adressing don't like hearing it. In order to get a discussion going, it's often a good idea showing a bit of respect for the people you want to argue with, even if they might not deserve it. This is done so that the discussion doesn't end before it starts and the people you tried to adress don't run away because you did or said something they found unappealing.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to curse, I'm merely asking if it's necesarry. I don't understand this "either I go all out and say exactly what I feel or I'm a pussy who's scared to speak my mind" mentality. Surely there's a middle ground, where you politely explain why you think the way you do and let people know exactly how you feel without resorting to stuff that you know will offend.

The Muhammad drawings are a great way to illustrate my point. The drawers wanted to start a debate on Islam, which is cool, but the means they used to start this debate ensured that it ended before it began, and no one gained anything from it other than hate and animosity. What was the point, really? We can all agree that the muslims are over-sensitive and fanatic when it comes to their religion (just like people on the Bioware forums are allergic to the word "fuck"), but offending them like the way we did never solved anything.

What you are saying: You should be nice to people if you want a good discussion with them.

What I am saying: Not being nice shouldn't be outlawed.

We're talking about two different things see? I agree with all your points, but I still don't want to live in a country where I can't say fuck, and I much less want to waste my time on a forum that bans such trivialities. Chances are, it says a lot about the rest of the moderation on that forum.

Cool. I see what you're saying, and I don't particularly like censorship either, but I think it's sometimes necesarry since people with an opportunity to act like assholes often do so.

Please elaborate.

Just go read the part of his post that concerns mass-derailing on the part of locked political discussions.

Can't be bothered.

EDIT: Also, not a problem at all? Threads are derailed left and right.

In non-GD? Mostly only because we discuss something else. What the fuck is wrong with picking up an interesting debate when it arrises?

I honestly can't tell you how much derailing goes on in non-GD. You might be right that it isn't a lot, but we still have plenty of topics that offer nothing more than people yelling "fuck the industry" for 8 pages, which honestly isn't a lot better.

And I concede that there's nothing wrong with picking up an interesting debate even if it is off topic, but the problem is that people will derail a thread with all sorts of shit.

ut you have to take into account that not everyone who finds Ch1ef annoying necesarrily puts him on ignore

You're the one that used the list as an argument.

Yes, but I still counted on you to be able to understand that the ignore list is more of an indicator of who is popular and who isn't, and not a completely accurate representation of who dislikes who, or of how many haters unmastered has. Ch1ef is currently ignored by twenty people, but I bet plenty more people have a problem with him or, at least, wouldn't mind it one bit if he disappeared.

but merely that it's very easy to spot who's popular and who isn't by looking at that list.

Alright. List the names of those you want to ban then.

All the ones who are here to post funny pics and nigger jokes all day long. The ones who invetiably pull the rest of the posters down to their own level because people simply can't ignore the trolls.

I guarantee you there won't be a unanimous voting to ban them.

No, but surely some are more unwanted by others.

In conclusion, I understand every single one of your points, and it would have been much easier to call you a gigantic faggot. But you're kind of a nice guy, so fuck that: I have been a resident at the Watch (lurking), SHS, Planepocket Group, Gibberlings 3, ITS (lurking), Bioware forums, and much, much more. No where have I had the lulz that the Codex can provide, and no where I have been able to speak so honestly, as the Codex.

The only place that comes remotely close i Pocketplane, because they generally have very light moderation.

You should go read DU's post though. He's much better at the whole Obama-Braveheart speeches than I am.

I don't wanna hear it from him, I wanna hear it from you. Saying "I can't be bothered to explain my points but I know this guy who could totally destroy all your arguments" is a cop out. Besides, I'm not going back to read all that stuff.

And I think that you could go to any of the forums you mention and rant and rage as much as you wanted to about the state of current rpg's without getting a ban or even a warning. The Codex allows people to say more than most other forums, yes, but the stuff it allows people to say is usually not something worth listening to, as it boils down to racism and stupid trolling.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Vibalist said:
Ch1ef is currently ignored by twenty people, but I bet plenty more people have a problem with him or, at least, wouldn't mind it one bit if he disappeared.

:oops:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
is a cop out.

No, it's not, it's admitting that he's made the point I'm trying to make more clearly.

All the ones who are here to post funny pics and nigger jokes all day long. The ones who invetiably pull the rest of the posters down to their own level because people simply can't ignore the trolls.

And who are they? Specifically? Surely you can guess why I ask this.

And I think that you could go to any of the forums you mention and rant and rage as much as you wanted to about the state of current rpg's without getting a ban or even a warning.

Then you are sorely mistaken.

as it boils down to racism and stupid trolling.

I think this is the problem, as I've said once before. It doesn't "boil down to racism and stupid trolling" - that's just a part of it. It doesn't boil down to anything, unless the viewer can't see anything else. I can see a lot else - the fact that you can't isn't the Codex's problem - it's yours. And, once again, the mods are not here to cater to your specific problems.

Vibalist

Arcane
Grunker said:
is a cop out.

No, it's not, it's admitting that he's made the point I'm trying to make more clearly.

Alright then, but if can't express it yourself you can at least post a quote instead of just telling me to go back myself and find it.

And who are they? Specifically? Surely you can guess why I ask this.

I'd like to see unmastered, Ch1ef and Volourn gone. I realise people will not agree on the last one, though.

And I think that you could go to any of the forums you mention and rant and rage as much as you wanted to about the state of current rpg's without getting a ban or even a warning.

Then you are sorely mistaken.

No, I am not (this is the part where you come in and say "yes you are" and we continue like this for three pages, or you could actually tell me why I'm mistaken).

as it boils down to racism and stupid trolling.

I think this is the problem, as I've said once before. It doesn't "boil down to racism and stupid trolling" - that's just a part of it. It doesn't boil down to anything, unless the viewer can't see anything else. I can see a lot else - the fact that you can't isn't the Codex's problem - it's yours. And, once again, the mods are not here to cater to your specific problems.

Never said they were. But you can't deny that lack of moderation leads to an awful lot of dumbfuckery.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Alright then, but if can't express it yourself you can at least post a quote instead of just telling me to go back myself and find it.

Can't be bothered.

I'd like to see unmastered, Ch1ef and Volourn gone. I realise people will not agree on the last one, though.

So, all this about the no-moderation policy causing an influx of idiocy and spammers, and you want to ban three people?

No, I am not

Yes, you are.

awful lot of dumbfuckery.

Three people is not a lot of dumbfuckery.

But I've never said there wasn't a lot of dumbfuckery on the site, mind you. I just said that a) It's worth it and b) There's just as much on other sites, it just looks different.

The insult-thing is the perfect example. What's the difference between saying "You should put more points into perception" and "You a niggajew, muthafucka"? Both are insults. The first one is arrogant and aloof, the second one i stupid and lame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom