Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Dead Monarchy: Open-World | Turn-Based | Mercenary Management | RPG - Fully Released May 19th 2023

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Please, please go where no Battle Brother has gone before and make a coherent campaign for this. Anyway, I bought it, but won't play it until (if) this game gets further in development. Good luck :salute:

I have no plans to stop development anytime soon unless I die. If I do stop game development and I'm still alive, feel free to visit me at the stake. :D

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Anyway guys I gotta crash, it is close to 5am. I'll be back at it again tomorrow. Feel free to report any bugs and give feedback here or over on the steam forums, I'll keep an eye on both.

vazha

Arcane
Please, please go where no Battle Brother has gone before and make a proper campaign for this. Anyway, I bought it, but won't play it until (if) this game gets further in development. Good luck :salute:
What this gentleman said. On the other hand, be wary of doing "a Warbanners" as in creating a filler story/campaign just for the sake of it.

Jinn

Arcane
Congrats on the Early Access release Bantichai! Have had this wishlisted for awhile and will be watching development closely. Once I start seeing world map components coming together, campaign implementation, and later polish occurring, I will definitely be buying.

Deleted Member 22431

Bantichai, did you play Neverwinter Nights 2? The Crossroad Keep in that game was the only stronghold that I found interesting and dynamic to this day.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Congrats on the Early Access release Bantichai! Have had this wishlisted for awhile and will be watching development closely. Once I start seeing world map components coming together, campaign implementation, and later polish occurring, I will definitely be buying.

Thanks a lot Jinn glad to know that you have wishlisted the game and that you are interested! I completely understand that too, don't buy it until you feel like it is ready for you to dive in :)

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Bantichai, did you play Neverwinter Nights 2? The Crossroad Keep in that game was the only stronghold that I found interesting and dynamic to this day.

I vaguely remember playing it, but I don't think I actually played it for long. There were a host of games I wanted to play before my old PC expired. What made the "Crossroad Keep" so interesting to you?

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Please, please go where no Battle Brother has gone before and make a proper campaign for this. Anyway, I bought it, but won't play it until (if) this game gets further in development. Good luck :salute:
What this gentleman said. On the other hand, be wary of doing "a Warbanners" as in creating a filler story/campaign just for the sake of it.

Yeah I agree, I don't want to just chuck it in for the sake of being there. I'd have to really sit down and plan it out, though that would be after I cross off everything from the list that I've already put up.

Deleted Member 22431

I vaguely remember playing it, but I don't think I actually played it for long. There were a host of games I wanted to play before my old PC expired. What made the "Crossroad Keep" so interesting to you?
The problem with stronghold mechanics in cRPGs is that they only work as full-fledged mini-game. It is pointless to have a place to upgrade if the only thing it does is to provide better weapons. For that you have crafting. Either you implement a stronghold and it has quests and NPCs in it, or you don’t. The half-assed job of most cRPGs in this department is a waste of time.

Anyways, I have fond memories of The Crossroad Keep because you have to properly manage the place. Not only you need to decide where to invest your money (better equipment for the troops, recruiting, improving the roads, the walls, etc.), but you also need to find the right people to fulfil special roles in the place (who is going to be in charge of recruiting, training for special missions, etc.). NWN2 managed to do this brilliantly because they integrated the game with this place. You find new people and ore mines, send them to the keep, and so forth. I have no delusions about NWN2. Overall it’s an abortion of a cRPG. Yet it has the keep, which is awesome.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
The problem with stronghold mechanics in cRPGs is that they only work as full-fledged mini-game. It is pointless to have a place to upgrade if the only thing it does is to provide better weapons. For that you have crafting. Either you implement a stronghold and it has quests and NPCs in it, or you don’t. The half-assed job of most cRPGs in this department is a waste of time.

Anyways, I have fond memories of The Crossroad Keep because you have to properly manage the place. Not only you need to decide where to invest your money (better equipment for the troops, recruiting, improving the roads, the walls, etc.), but you also need to find the right people to fulfil special roles in the place (who is going to be in charge of recruiting, training for special missions, etc.). NWN2 managed to do this brilliantly because they integrated the game with this place. You find new people and ore mines, send them to the keep, and so forth. I have no delusions about NWN2. Overall it’s an abortion of a cRPG. Yet it has the keep, which is awesome.

Ahhh I see. So the stronghold really resonated with you mainly because it was so interwoven into the game and not just tacked on. When the world map gets implemented into Dead Monarchy, I actually want to take the base away from the player and make them earn it. There are also a few things that still need working on and the base models are entirely placeholder too.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
bz-5d1c9246b2d43.png

There might be another word to describe "low quality" than "rusty"-

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Is there any way to get rid of "exhausted" status effect?

EDIT: I got "Exhausted" confused with "Fatigued". But that line of thought still gave me something interesting. A Perk to remove "Fatigued", so instead of waiting around for your Stamina to recover you can use an ability to remove the "Fatigued" status effect.

Original response for context, but it is wrong:

Exhausted applies when your Stamina reaches 0, at that point there is only a 50% chance for +5 Stamina to recover each turn. So all you can do is wait until it recovers. Once it recovers by +5 and Stamina is above 0 again, exhausted will be removed. That said, you just gave me a good idea. A future perk/ability to remove "Exhausted".

Last edited:

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Wait, I got that confused with "Fatigued". Exhausted happens when condition reaches 0. You need to go to the temple to heal condition.

EDIT: I'm filming myself as a reference for a freelance animator, so I am quite exhausted myself swinging around brooms and all kinds of other shit.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, I got that confused with "Fatigued". Exhausted happens when condition reaches 0. You need to go to the temple to heal condition.

EDIT: I'm filming myself as a reference for a freelance animator, so I am quite exhausted myself swinging around brooms and all kinds of other shit.
Just to double-check: exhausted or fatigued?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom