Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of Magic 1/2

Captain Shrek

What is the Codexian opinion of this game? Worth playing or not?

Captain Shrek

This IS the prestigious RPG Codex magazine, right? Do you guys fucking play RPGs or not????? :/

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I borrowed the first one. Played an hour or so, then never returned.
Bear in mind though, that I'm not particularly fond of Diablo clones (although I did play diablo to death, I just don't think it's evolved much, if at all, be that good or bad.)

Eyeball

Arcane
Mildly amusing for a while, but it has MMORPG mechanics and you only get to play spellcasters. Play Restricted Area instead, which is also repetitive, but has great gear and character skill customisation.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Should I list all better ones?

That game is watered down D2.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you really sure you'd like to play these games? These are hack and slash games.

If yes:
D2 + patch + expansion for better graphics.
DS2 was passable and had fun ending.
Avencast Rise of mages. It felt like a magic academy. Also it's the best French game of this type.
Sacred had cute graphic and large world.
You might like to try Din's curse as well, they improved stuff in last patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom