Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DarkUnderlord wants pictures

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
<b>DarkUnderlord</b> begged me to post about this thing on <A href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com">Terra-Arcanum</a>, so here's that news post and the facts:

<blockquote>For the next week (ending February 2nd), the <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/album_cat.php?cat_id=2">ToEE Screenshot gallery</a> will be open for all registered forum users (registration is free) to upload images to the gallery. The pictures must be in .jpg, .gif or .png format and no larger than 800 pixels wide x 600 pixels high and no larger than 300 kb. Each user will be allowed to upload a maximum of 10 screenshots, so make sure they're good. At the end of the week, the BEST screenshot (determined by our unknown and mystical process) will be chosen as our Screen of the Every-other-week-when-we-feel-like-it and will appear on the front page. The user will also be allowed to have a custom avatar of their choosing in our forums (provided it's not offensive).

To upload a screenshot:

1.) Go to the ToEE gallery and click the "Upload Pic" button.
2.) In the "upload pic from machine" click on browse.
3.) Find the pic on your machine and click ok.
4.) Enter in a title and a description for the screenshot.

Click submit and WAIT for the page to work, it's uploading your screenshot which can take a while. (Watch the blue bar in the bottom of your screen).

Wait until the "your picture has been uploaded, please await approval" page displays. It's that easy.

To upload another image, repeat the process from step 1.

Picture approval has been enabled so you won't be able to see your image right away. A forum moderator will need to approve your picture before it will be displayed in our gallery. This is to stop offensive material (and crappy images) from appearing in our beloved gallery which we love so much, oh yes we do.</blockquote>

Damn, they thought of the <i>Picture Approval</i> thing, so we can't just <b>tubgirl</b> them! Curses, foiled again! Oh well, I guess we can see how many times we can make <b>DarkUnderlord</b> look at said or similar picture.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'm sure someone will send them various images of goatse and pain4 in any case so you know at least one person (the moderator) will feel the pain.

Terra Arcanum is dying. What's the point of this? I doubt people will suddenly start visiting the site just to look at the POTD.

Tris McCall

Novice
I particularly like the "friendly crayfish" picture. Damn, I'm going to have to go back to the moathouse and try that. I wonder if i can get the big guy to follow me back to Hommlet?

Psilon

Erudite
Thanks to Exitium for the inspiration:

It is official; Netcraft confirms: Terra-Arcanum is dying

One more crippling bombshell hit the already beleaguered Terra-Arcanum community when IDC confirmed that Terra-Arcanum market share has dropped yet again, now down to less than a fraction of 1 percent of all servers. Coming on the heels of a recent Netcraft survey which plainly states that Terra-Arcanum has lost more market share, this news serves to reinforce what we've known all along. Terra-Arcanum is collapsing in complete disarray, as fittingly exemplified by failing dead last in the recent Sys Admin comprehensive gaming test.

You don't need to be a Kreskin to predict Terra-Arcanum's future. The hand writing is on the wall: Terra-Arcanum faces a bleak future. In fact there won't be any future at all for Terra-Arcanum because Terra-Arcanum is dying. Things are looking very bad for Terra-Arcanum. As many of us are already aware, Terra-Arcanum continues to lose market share. Red ink flows like a river of blood.

POTD is the most endangered of them all, having lost 93% of its core developers. The sudden and unpleasant departures of long time POTD developers Jordan Hubbard and Mike Smith only serve to underscore the point more clearly. There can no longer be any doubt: POTD is dying.

Let's keep to the facts and look at the numbers.

Mod leader chrisbeddoes states that there are 7000 users of Arcanum. How many users of the mods are there? Let's see. The number of Arcanum versus mod posts on Usenet is roughly in ratio of 5 to 1. Therefore there are about 7000/5 = 1400 mod users. Demo posts on Usenet are about half of the volume of mod posts. Therefore there are about 700 users of the demo. A recent article put retail Arcanum at about 80 percent of the Terra-Arcanum market. Therefore there are (7000+1400+700)*4 = 36400 Arcanum users. This is consistent with the number of Arcanum Usenet posts.

Due to the troubles of GMX, abysmal sales and so on, FreeBSD went out of business and was taken over by GameSquad who run another troubled network. Now GameSquad is also dead, its corpse turned over to yet another charnel house.

All major surveys show that Terra-Arcanum has steadily declined in market share. Terra-Arcanum is very sick and its long term survival prospects are very dim. If Terra-Arcanum is to survive at all it will be among OS dilettante dabblers. Terra-Arcanum continues to decay. Nothing short of a miracle could save it at this point in time. For all practical purposes, Terra-Arcanum is dead.

Fact: Terra-Arcanum is dying

Calis

Pensionado
It is, as always, a matter of what the staffies do with it. The crew are planning to make it something more of a Troika games fansite.
Personally I'm willing to trust DU to make something cool out of the PHP CMS he's making, and to fill it with content.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I'm sure someone will send them various images of goatse and pain4 in any case so you know at least one person (the moderator) will feel the pain.

Bring it on, I'm always looking forward to expanding my collection of nasty pics.

Terra Arcanum is dying. What's the point of this? I doubt people will suddenly start visiting the site just to look at the POTD.

It's been dying for almost 2 years now. Surprisingly, I still managed to recruit decent staff members and new forum users appear and post on a regular basis.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Psilon said:
Thanks to Exitium for the inspiration:

It is official; Netcraft confirms: Terra-Arcanum is dying

One more crippling bombshell hit the already beleaguered Terra-Arcanum community when IDC confirmed that Terra-Arcanum market share has dropped yet again, now down to less than a fraction of 1 percent of all servers. Coming on the heels of a recent Netcraft survey which plainly states that Terra-Arcanum has lost more market share, this news serves to reinforce what we've known all along. Terra-Arcanum is collapsing in complete disarray, as fittingly exemplified by failing dead last in the recent Sys Admin comprehensive gaming test.

You don't need to be a Kreskin to predict Terra-Arcanum's future. The hand writing is on the wall: Terra-Arcanum faces a bleak future. In fact there won't be any future at all for Terra-Arcanum because Terra-Arcanum is dying. Things are looking very bad for Terra-Arcanum. As many of us are already aware, Terra-Arcanum continues to lose market share. Red ink flows like a river of blood.

POTD is the most endangered of them all, having lost 93% of its core developers. The sudden and unpleasant departures of long time POTD developers Jordan Hubbard and Mike Smith only serve to underscore the point more clearly. There can no longer be any doubt: POTD is dying.

Let's keep to the facts and look at the numbers.

Mod leader chrisbeddoes states that there are 7000 users of Arcanum. How many users of the mods are there? Let's see. The number of Arcanum versus mod posts on Usenet is roughly in ratio of 5 to 1. Therefore there are about 7000/5 = 1400 mod users. Demo posts on Usenet are about half of the volume of mod posts. Therefore there are about 700 users of the demo. A recent article put retail Arcanum at about 80 percent of the Terra-Arcanum market. Therefore there are (7000+1400+700)*4 = 36400 Arcanum users. This is consistent with the number of Arcanum Usenet posts.

Due to the troubles of GMX, abysmal sales and so on, FreeBSD went out of business and was taken over by GameSquad who run another troubled network. Now GameSquad is also dead, its corpse turned over to yet another charnel house.

All major surveys show that Terra-Arcanum has steadily declined in market share. Terra-Arcanum is very sick and its long term survival prospects are very dim. If Terra-Arcanum is to survive at all it will be among OS dilettante dabblers. Terra-Arcanum continues to decay. Nothing short of a miracle could save it at this point in time. For all practical purposes, Terra-Arcanum is dead.

Fact: Terra-Arcanum is dying

Ever considered becoming a politician or a journalist ? Oh mayby you already are. ;)

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I don't know why they would want to compete with Circle of Eight. Don't you know that competing with the CO8 just leads to suicide? Just ask Jesse.

Oh wait, he's not around anymore.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It should be noted, Jinxed, that your forums have some of the dumbest fucking idiots I have ever had the misfortune of speaking to.

Jarinor

Liturgist
It should be noted, Jinxed, that your forums have some of the dumbest fucking idiots I have ever had the misfortune of speaking to.

I know that. I have to deal with them on a daily basis. Sometimes it makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. No wait, it makes me want to ban them, which I'm more than happy to do. Unfortunately I need a reason to do that, and being a moron isn't a reason.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
DISCLAIMER: The views of Exitium do not always reflect those of RPG Codex management and it's subsidiaries. The views of management and the subsidiaries are to tubgirl DarkUnderlord, because that's just funny.

Jarinor said:
Unfortunately I need a reason to do that, and being a moron isn't a reason.

Someone needs to make a cookbook called Recipes for Your Retarded Young to encourage people to eat their lesser children. Why can't we be more like squirrells?

Jinxed

Liturgist
There are a lot of kiddies on T-A. Arcanum is a game for kiddies, so is ToEE. Nothing really strange there Exit.
Every board has its share of dumb and less dumb users.

I'm not really sure where are you trying to get with this.

Co8 is known as a mod group, as long as it stays that way I'm not even viewing you as competition.

I don't visit each of your cloned sites and point out that it's dead, or that it's pointless and useless. But if that kind of behaviour is the morale boost you need to feel good about yourself then have fun by all means.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Jarinor said:
I know that. I have to deal with them on a daily basis. Sometimes it makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. No wait, it makes me want to ban them, which I'm more than happy to do. Unfortunately I need a reason to do that, and being a moron isn't a reason.

Tell me, who who ya wanna ban? (except xzbyte and xento)

Chris: Point taken.

Jarinor

Liturgist
xzbyte I don't have too much of a problem with. I've never really gotten along with xento for an extended period of time, but at the moment I really hate JustFishInAJar and I'm getting sick of Wolf as well. Then there's matt as per usual, who I can just barely stomach.

Anonymous

I dunno, I dont understand why all the Troika game sites are turning into Troika sites?

I dunno, I like webpages that focus on a single game and give all the info on it. Like 'this is THE site for suchandsuch', now everything is covering 3 games...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
LlamaGod said:
I dunno, I dont understand why all the Troika game sites are turning into Troika sites?

I dunno, I like webpages that focus on a single game and give all the info on it. Like 'this is THE site for suchandsuch', now everything is covering 3 games...
I think because so far neither of Troika's games have been worthy of their own sites. Arcanum was a good game, but nothing super-fantastical OMG. The site was actually setup before the game was released too, purely out of anticipation. ToEE's the same. A good (I won't say solid, depending on if it crashed for you or not) game, but nothing super-cool. Now if Troika made something with the special system, THAT would be super-cool because we all know special is super-cool, as witnessed in Lionheart.

Well, plus that and I don't think any could be fucked setting up a pure ToEE site. Well, except Co8, but they're just a modding thing. :D

Saint_Proverbius said:
DISCLAIMER: The views of Exitium do not always reflect those of RPG Codex management and it's subsidiaries. The views of management and the subsidiaries are to tubgirl DarkUnderlord, because that's just funny.
Hah! Despite your best efforts, there have been no TubGirl or pain.jpg or shemales or granny tranny's with fannies OR (wait or it) ToEE screenshots either!! In fact, nothing's happened. Nothing at all. It makes me want to cry. I blame the codex. You guys just don't have the pulling power.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Why is always the designers that give everyone the shits? Answer me that one.

God-damn slow arsed mutha-fuckers need to be shot just to get their motivation up. God dammit.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Trapezoid of Eight?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom