Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DarkUnderlord, et al: Why?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Why is it that you do what you do?

What possible motivation could you have for dealing with us, day in and day out? Why would you put yourselves through the trouble of navigating the landscapes of the blatant nazi lovers, of otherwordly transsexuals, of the lowest forms of perverts, sadists, women-hating introverts and all manner of the worst the internet has to offer?

Why continue to maintain a site where no one appreciates what you do, everyone participating wants to kill each other and the only conversations worthy of non-immediate-deletion have to do with nothing more than the finer points of how to properly roleplay a blue-skinned-alien-humping wannabe Bruce Willis in space? Why put up with the My Little Pony spam, the Emma pics? Why allow us to spew forth the most banal facets of our pathetic, wretched lives in an effort to do nothing but inflame the crazies into more shit-throwing?

What drives you? Why do you go on so? Is it the little wealth you bring in, is it some false sense of satisfaction you gain from knowing you can barely contain the worst of the worst? Is it sadism on your own part or some illusory sense of power? Is it merely complacency? Why must you persist? Why, why?

WHY?

m3_hugo_weaving_009.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
He might be that Liberal alt, the butthurt one.

Is there any non butthurt Liberal alt I am not aware of because of not having access to the "users posting from this IP" feature?

As for the question there are many likely answers when it comes to the admins proper:

I hedge bets on Lulz, drama, enjoying it more than any other place in the Internet and nostalgia as primary reasons.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Likely because he is in tune with the fact that while this forum may have much jadedness, perversion and trolling, it also has the least amount of dumb people.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Codex is a creation of the World Goverment with the Internet Police, to unite all the brightest minds in teh World Wide Web in one single place and keep track of them.

The plan obviously backfired and now DU and the others job is to keep the scourge of the world traped in an endless loop of rage, top ten lists and shitty alts, providing peace for the rest of the population. Same thing applies for 4chan.

FNORD.

CorpseZeb

Learned
... why? How about... willing to wipe the slate clean? How about giving everyone a fresh start? All Codex asking in return is your cooperation... Mr. Cripsy.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, it started as Arcanum modding. Than Calis thought it would be a good idea to get me onboard to help with the technical side of Terra-Arcanum. I pretty much learned PHP from his scraps of code and asking Temaperacl (as we worked on Fan Made Fallout) really inane stuff like what the '.' does in a string.

I've recently learned that OOP is currently beyond me, hence the front page work in progress. As for the forums, it's better to assume that I don't read them, thus saving myself from a large amount of the inanity.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Well, it started as Arcanum modding. Than Calis thought it would be a good idea to get me onboard to help with the technical side of Terra-Arcanum. I pretty much learned PHP from his scraps of code and asking Temaperacl (as we worked on Fan Made Fallout) really inane stuff like what the '.' does in a string.

I've recently learned that OOP is currently beyond me, hence the front page work in progress. As for the forums, it's better to assume that I don't read them, thus saving myself from a large amount of the inanity.

I already sent you a message, as a programmer that made a video game in flash actionscript 3 ala OOP, offering to help you. I'm almost at the point where I can do any language in OOP (learning C++ is fine tuning some of my understanding on semantics and the how in the languages). I offer to help you for free just so I can hone my skills. Well?

DakaSha

Arcane
http://www.teqpad.com/www/rpgcodex.net

dollar.gif
Daily Revenue $ 46

dollar.gif
Website Worth $ 33,288

$46 a day is a lot of money for just ignoring us tards. Of course I have no idea how much the hosting costs or hardware shit and how much money is actually left after all the operating expenses plus trips to the psychiatrist *shrug*
It was more before the makeover btw

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I moderate the 'dex because it gives me a nice excuse for procrastinating.

Also, someone has to delete all the posts by the new liberal/andhaira/prosper accounts. :M

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I already sent you a message, as a programmer that made a video game in flash actionscript 3 ala OOP, offering to help you. I'm almost at the point where I can do any language in OOP (learning C++ is fine tuning some of my understanding on semantics and the how in the languages). I offer to help you for free just so I can hone my skills. Well?
Not sure if serious.

If serious, build me a tool in PHP that uploads multiple images using swfupload (or similar) to a test server. Save details associated with the image (title, caption, date uploaded) in a database and then pull them out from there for display.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
actually after andhaira and others were banned GD have seen a major incline. It's no way prestigious but at least tolerable.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Not sure if serious.

If serious, build me a tool in PHP that uploads multiple images using swfupload (or similar) to a test server. Save details associated with the image (title, caption, date uploaded) in a database and then pull them out from there for display.

I'll see what I can do. When I can I'll work on it, but don't expect it right away.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Honestly? These forums are the best gaming related forums I've seen in my whole career on the Internet. GameFAGs and the like are just full of prepubescent turdmuffins who can't go five seconds without wagging their tiny ingrown penises around about the most inane shit that could possibly come out of a cumbucket like GameFAGs.

At least here nobody has any illusions about what they're doing when they dickwave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom