Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darklands Character creation

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The younger the better.

Zomg

Arbiter
Eh, now that this has been necro'd I think thirty- or thirty-five-year-olds are probably the most powergamey. You can usually squeeze a few more points into their important stats and skip some of the annoying shit twenty-year-olds have to deal with. Five more years won't pass before your team become the invincible four horsemen of the Lord, and even if it did I don't think the game generates age penalties outside of character generation.

Saxon1974

Prophet
asper said:
'Codex approved' is an understatement; it is one of the best cRPG's ever made. Definitely the best sandbox RPG. I'm not aware of any VD review though.

Yes I recall getting the game and playing it back in 1992. Unfortunately what I remember is I really liked the atmosphere but the game was almost unplayable due to so many bugs. I think this is why it wasn't more popular in its own time.

Im having trouble gaining alchemy and virtue. The only place I seem to find that adds virtue it donating lots of money to a church, however that still doesn't seem to raise my virtue.

Once I encountered a monk on the road and gave him money and my virtue improved but only for my leader and I needed my cleric type player to get the virtue.

Any advice on improving virtue or Alchemy skills? The dam alchemists mostly slam the door in my face.

This game has one of the coolest manuals too, loads of background info.

Zomg

Arbiter
This is a great way to ruin DL for you, but...

If you raise a character's Religion over 30, every time you tithe ~3-4 florins to a church, he gets +1 virtue. If every character has a religion over 30, they all get it. If Religion is over 60, they get two virtue. So, obviously you can raise everyone's virtue arbitrarily high and let them fire off high powered saints constantly once you've secured the means to get a couple of months of religious instruction.

Andhaira

Arcane
I played it when it first came out. The graphics weren't considered great but the stills were quite nice. And th game was awesome. I finished the main 'quest' in only a few days then spent time wandering about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom