Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands Patch

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Anyone know where I could find the patch for this game? I found one web site that had downloads but the zip is corrupted. I remember playing this way back when and it being buggy as hell. Don't really want to get blindsided by a killer bug when I'm halfway through the game.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have fond memories of dying to the anti-piracy measure in that game (which happened to take the form of a dragon, if I remember correctly) because the friend whom I borrowed the game from had lost the manual.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Elwro said:
BTW, both games are for download here:

http://dso.zidev.com/downloads.html

(including the manuals :!:)

I played the first one to completion iirc. I'm not sure if it's offered patched on that website.

I checked them out and they are the patched versions. Much easier since I could not get the game to patch manually. Thanks.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You're welcome. Now, one of the things I've always wanted to do is a proper LP of the first Dark Sun, to present the glory of the game to unsuspecting youngsters. I won't have time for that; hell, I don't even have time to finish things I've already started writing. But all I'm saying is the world needs a DS:SL LP :wink:

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I really like DS:SL too, but that would be a complicated LP. It's not an easy game, it's a very low-resolution game, and it has no Exult like Ultima VII. What about a succession game where people hand off save files?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I actually took some screenshots today for a possible LP but the game is pretty complicated (relatively speaking) with lots of text. I'll see. The guy at NMA wrote mini essays between each shot and that might be what is needed to explain everything. That seems like a lot of work though.

hal900x

Augur
It's so fucked up: this game has really captured my interest, but I've never had a harder time properly configuring an old school game in my life.

Yours works fine, except it has no walking animation for some bizarre reason. The avatars just kind of float to their destination.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Check if animations are enabled in options.

Game menu->set preferences-> the icon on the bottom left corner

dsun770.png

VentilatorOfDoom said:
but the copy of DS2 wake of the ravager doesn't work too good, had bugs early on and couldnt continue

That is the game itself, no matter which copy you find. You want to keep playing it, all the while dreading the next bug that will crop up. Damn SSI for not finishing it properly.

The game can be finished though...with enough saving/loading and patience.

Edit: There is a CD version on there, but you need to pay a Euro or two for the privalege. Never tried this version before though as I only ever had the disks. Does anyone know if it is as buggy?

The Genius

Educated
Blackadder said:
Nobody knows about DJ's Oldgames? Perfect for the lazy.

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/

Many games are prepacked and fully setup to run on XP. Enjoy.

Don't forget to click on the ads so they get a little revenue. It is always nice when someone provides a free service like DJ's.

I just came a little.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom