Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls is very easy

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Elthosian

Arcane
Obligatory:

It's not that the remake is the worst thing ever made, it's that it is an unneccessary cash grab made by talentless hacks with no artistic vision of their own.

The music is really one of the most offending things about the remake.

I've been listening to the original soundtrack which is just infinitely more interesting.

Take this for instance:

From what i understand of the context of this fight, the "HA HA HA" theme is a reference to the Fat Officials who unleashed the Tower boss on you and are laughting at your imminent death. The theme is actually quite clearly an ostinato realobartion of the O Fortuna theme from the Carmina Burana, and the dry, sardonic nature of it, which is propelled forward by the percussion and the counterpoint in the backing harmony, contrasts nicely with the epic crescendo.

Meanwhile, the remake has just a generic series of obvious musical cliches stringed toghether in the most banal/shit/boring way possible:

I can't even with this level of dumbfuckery.

?????????????????????????

What a fucking disgrace. That was the absolute best theme from the game, and the only one to play in two boss fights, probably because even the devs knew it was *THAT* awesome. Listening to the remake version feels like getting a part of my youth butchered, lol. If that shit comes to PC it's going to need a complete overhaul fix it.

Hobknobling

Learned
I don't think the Gaping Dragon is that extraordinary... And you can cheese Manus without even encountering him. But you can cheese almost anything in Dark Souls, and that's the beauty of it.
It isn't great, but it is very fair and nicely balanced for new players. Takes a while to kill it, but it attacks slowly and the tells are quite clear. I also like the reveal cinematic for it. Contrast that to the previous boss, Capra Demon.

Everyone's favorite gamer beating Capra.

Actual video game pro getting one missed swing away from dying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom