Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark and Edgy Tomb Raider includes attempted rape

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
this poor digital man

-Menckenstein during a date-

Menck: (lascivious feel)
Lady: WHAT THE FUCK! (reaches for mace)
Menck: shit WAIT WAIT! I WAS...I was hurt before. By my other lovers. With deadly weapons. The scars are in a very intimate place. And in my heart. I don't...I just don't want to feel like that again. Not with you.
Lady: ...oh my poor baby!
Menck: ( Mo matter what comes, fresh goes better in life)

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
this poor digital man

-Menckenstein during a date-

Menck: (lascivious feel)
Lady: WHAT THE FUCK! (reaches for mace)
Menck: shit WAIT WAIT! I WAS...I was hurt before. By my other lovers. With deadly weapons. The scars are in a very intimate place. And in my heart. I don't...I just don't want to feel like that again. Not with you.
Lady: ...oh my poor baby!
Menck: ( Mo matter what comes, fresh goes better in life)

2lc65co.png

hiver

I have two questions for whoever wants to take a shot.
(no i dont mean by trolling answers)

1. How is it then when you start with the idea of creating a character theme of a female that the audience needs to feel more involved with - you turn her into a punching bag? And then sadistically break her down through the entirety of the game on top of that.
(lets just forget its lara croft of all people to whom this angle does not fit at all)

2. What happens in the game if you dont press the QTEs to prevent that rape attempt fast enough?
(because it wont be anything else but QTE event and you all know it, but even if it wasnt, it makes no difference to this question)

Phelot

Arcane

1. How is it then when you start with the idea of creating a character theme of a female that the audience needs to feel more involved with - you turn her into a punching bag? And then sadistically break her down through the entirety of the game on top of that.
(lets just forget its lara croft of all people to whom this angle does not fit at all)

To let all the pig men know how it feels to be beaten up. Honestly though, it's just a cheap gimmick to get attention. Next it'll be Who Shot J.R. Lara?

2. What happens in the game if you dont press the QTEs to prevent that rape attempt fast enough?
(because it wont be anything else but QTE event and you all know it, but even if it wasnt, it makes no difference to this question)

Either it resets and you get another try or we'll likely be treated to a fade to black. I doubt they'll go any further than that.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The trailer was totally hilarious. I found this list:
. In the 3:25 minute long trailer, Lara Croft gets…
…hung upside-down by her ankles while tied up
…set on fire
…dropped onto the stone floor from a great height
…dropped onto packed dirt
…attacked by a rabid wolf
…caught in a bear trap
…tackled to the ground and bound by her wrists
…backhanded in the face
…felt up by some nasty dude
…forcibly kissed (or bitten, maybe?) on her neck by the same nasty dude
…thrown through a pile of wood
…thrown down a steep incline with debris rolling after her.
source: http://ohsat.com/someone-sure-hates-lara-croft/

And, unfortunately, the list isn't even full. She is covered in blood all the time, barely walking etc. At a certain point I felt like I was watching the trailer to a next SAW film.
When will people learn about subtlety and that the more you use something, the less impact it has.

By the way the gaming industry seems to be using vulnerable women in peril much more often now. First Bioshock Infinite, and now this. Trying to appeal to an audience of basement-dwelling confused teenage boys who like the white knight fantasy and confused/just stupid depressed feminist virgins who secretly dream of a cock while talking about empowering women is just...sad.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Remember Ellen's storyline in I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream?

That's how you handle a 'heavy' theme like this without looking like a complete retard.

Which, incidentally, was produced like 20 years ago. WHEN WILL GAMEZ FINALLY START PROVOKING QUESTIONS!!!!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's kinda fitting that they have an attempted rape of Lara Croft in the game, though.

It represents the rape of the Tomb Raider series. This time, a good old game series is not only figuratively raped (like Fallout was, or Ultima) but the main character of the series is actually getting raped in the game.
The irony is delicious.

It's even more fitting when you consider that Lara Croft is the second popular adventurer-archaeologist character after Indiana Jones. Remember that South Park episode where Indy was raped? This is just like that. Only it's much more ironic because it's in the actual game that rapes its own legacy.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Thumbs up for attempted rape QTEs.

The game will be almost as mature as The Old Republic, Bioware might sue them for infringing upon their Emotional Engagement copyright.

Phelot

Arcane
I'm more interested in where they plan on taking Lara's breasts. They appear to have shrunk from the first game, which is very disappointing. VERY.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I'm more interested in where they plan on taking Lara's breasts. They appear to have shrunk from the first game, which is very disappointing. VERY.
Maybe they will level up as the game progresses (because she gets raped and becomes pregnant and they swell with delicious tomb raiding milk)

Will there be a bad guy DLC or multiplayer mode called womb raider? :lol:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If I say I prefer to see naked tits of Lara instead of her being raped and punch bagged would I be called immature and uncarring by Kwan Feminazis who endorsed this? Tomb raider was light game about ancient ruins, jumps, guns and (tits), now they put rape'n'abuse in, what next Canibalism? :kfc: Also noted tits deflation.

By the way the gaming industry seems to be using vulnerable women in peril much more often now. First Bioshock Infinite, and now this. Trying to appeal to an audience of basement-dwelling confused teenage boys who like the white knight fantasy and confused/just stupid depressed feminist virgins who secretly dream of a cock while talking about empowering women is just...sad.

Vulnerable? She survived all that shit and killed like a million villains in the process. The only thing that makes her look even remotely vulnerable is the rape "attempt" (which she dealt with in 0.02 seconds despite being bound and unarmed). Swap her model for Nathan Drake and no one would give two shits about the trailer, it's the usual action hero stuff.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It does depend on the context, but don't believe there's any way to do it properly if you connect it with a DRAMATIC CUTSCENE with QTEs.
:lol:

"Press X to avoid dick thrust."

Failure results in vaginal bruising, which affects your endurance level.

hiver

To let all the pig men know how it feels to be beaten up. Honestly though, it's just a cheap gimmick to get attention. Next it'll be Who Shot J.R. Lara?
No.
Because the pig men wont be the ones who get beaten up and then broken down every single time. It will be this female figure on the screen.

Either it resets and you get another try or we'll likely be treated to a fade to black. I doubt they'll go any further than that.
So...?

If it resets its pointless and just an illusion of the rape which then looses its purpose.

If it fades to black its a game where Lara Croft gets raped. (plus additionally it will sort of devaluate its hyped purpose because no one is seeing the rape)
Will there be sounds?

Its such a stupidly retarded idea.... i cant even...

Phelot

Arcane
No.
Because the pig men wont be the ones who get beaten up and then broken down every single time. It will be this female figure on the screen.

I suspect this is all hype since no player would want to play a game in which you just lose and get frustrated that no matter what you do, you get raped. Or they might be going for the whole rape/revenge genre in which Lara gets abused, then you the player gets to beat the shit out of your enemies.

So...?

If it resets its pointless and just an illusion of the rape which then looses its purpose.

If it fades to black its a game where Lara Croft gets raped. (plus additionally it will sort of devaluate its hyped purpose because no one is seeing the rape)
Will there be sounds?

Its such a stupidly retarded idea.... i cant even...

I agree it is stupid.

I can't imagine they'd go too far with the whole rape thing. Maybe they'll just cheese it and if you fail the QTE the guy just kills you. In any case, they'd better do something since I bet a lot of people will be messing up that QTE on purpose :lol:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
There's communities out there dedicated to indexing games where ryona content (which, AFAIK, involves violence against female protagonists / enemies and deriving some kind of enjoyment thereof) is available. You guys are just underestimating the huge appeal this thing has for some people.

http://www.ryonani.com/showwiki/in-Games:Ryona-in-games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom