Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark and darker

Reever

Scholar
Patron
The playtest is up in the form of a sketchy torrent magnet link that you have to scoop up from their discord.

They deserve the nexon troubles for this little tidbit alone, hate this dumb fad of using discord as a replacement for literally everything, especially when you're a company that has their own website.
I somehow doubt it's their choice and more that they just couldn't do it otherwise.
4) Some other company realized the potential for fantasy extraction action RPGs like this last year, and started working on their own one, gameconcept will get published eventually
This is definitely going to happen. It was #2 top wishlisted on steam before it's takedown if I recall correctly. I'm sure other companies are smelling the money this genre can bring.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
This is definitely going to happen. It was #2 top wishlisted on steam before it's takedown if I recall correctly. I'm sure other companies are smelling the money this genre can bring.
It's not even that revolutionary of a concept, I'm sure other studios already had teams working on similar extraction based games. Extraction games are the new Battle Royale, and it'll be one of the main game genres in the next ~5 years I think.

Anyway, download finally complete, time to get back into it!

The playtest is up in the form of a sketchy torrent magnet link that you have to scoop up from their discord.

They deserve the nexon troubles for this little tidbit alone, hate this dumb fad of using discord as a replacement for literally everything, especially when you're a company that has their own website.
whats with boomertechs crying about torrents? too hard for you to figure out? its literally a magnet link posted by one of the devs and they even provided a link to a suitable client :lol:

I don't mind a torrent in the slightest, but holy shit at least throw it on your MAIN WEBSITE instead of some shitty corner in a Discord.

Bard + Wizard is completely busted by the way, melee classes are disarmed while spells still do everything.
EDIT: Cleric Earthquake and Locust Swarm are also completely bonkers by default with this and alone.

Last edited:

Turn_BASED

Educated
The discord zoomers are completely oblivious to torrents, there was mass chaos from all the zoomies there.

I spent a good hour yesterday gaslighting them into believing that their ISP would come after them if they downloaded the torrent.

Nelka

Educated
Bros... :cool:

obraz.png

GET YOUR COFFEE TODAY!

obraz.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
How much do you get per sale of that? Bah! I waited too long. They SOLD OUT QUICK. Damnit.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Wait, they ain't done with the cease and desist shitshow, are they?

not a lot of news coming out of ironmace. but they are still uploading (shitty) update videos:

now let's see even more of the shitty stale take: they're done, etc. :retarded: i've explained it a dozen times, look up Tera. they can still come out on top

Myobi

Liturgist
now let's see even more of the shitty stale take: they're done, etc. :retarded: i've explained it a dozen times, look up Tera. they can still come out on top
The most perfect and refined brew, filling your lungs with the sweet fragrance of cope and despair, delivered to us by a fully automated self-triggered fangirl system.

Fucking delicious. Truly refreshing.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Even if this doesn't deliver, I am sure one of the big publishers already has drafted some studio to work on a copy-cat. Escape from Tarkov, but sword&sorcery, more dark and more roguelikey. Good for streamers, good for microtransactions, already positively tested with audiences. Free money!

Myobi

Liturgist
35-50usd for this pvp arena Wish ordered Skyrim looking monstrosity, that's already talking about microtransactions even before settling their ongoing legal dispute with nexon?

Virus warnings, double charges on purchases, game breaking bug... sounds fun, a hell of a come back, wondering what's the plan to deal with this if Nexon wins

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The worst part is that it's still fun as fuck, even with cheaters already running rampant and all the other headaches surrounding the project.

TheCumGuzzler

Novice
What would happen if Nexon won the lawsuit After I had bought the early access? I assume the servers get shut down and my money is gone.

Myobi

Liturgist
What would happen if Nexon won the lawsuit After I had bought the early access? I assume the servers get shut down and my money is gone.

No fucking lawyer here, but I guess it depends a lot how they settle the damn thing, Nexon winning wouldn't necessarily mean the end of it, however it would probably be the most likely scenario.

Myobi

Liturgist
1o.jpg

^ WTF is this shit?! What are you agreeing with, you twat? You actively shill for Star Citizen which you paid as much if not more for, and those cunts still struggling after over 10 years of development to get elevators to work in their half a billion worth "early" pre-alpha whale milker tech. Gtfo you shitlling.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Based on a very similar case from a while ago (also in Korea), the game would likely continue being developed by Ironmace and the few individuals convicted of stealing assets would go to jail.

In that case from ~10y ago, employees from NCSoft did the exact same thing, only worse -- they stole actual hardware and assets from Lineage III, then made a new studio themselves with that and created Tera. They released the game in Korea despite NCsoft having won the lawsuit. Multiple people were found guilty, and as a result they were fined and served jailtime. But the game was out there, and you can't take that back, so Bluehole (the new company that many of the old NCSoft team who worked on Lineage III joined) continues to exist to this day after paying a pretty laughable fine (about 1/3rd of what NCSoft requested).

I wouldn't be surprised if that kind of precedent is one of the reasons why Ironmace was pushing for an EA release, as this kind of guarantees their continued work on the game. They might lose their CEO for stealing assets, they might have to pay a fine to Nexon, but it's unlikely that they will be ordered to completely stop all development. It's unlikely for any court to punish all the company's employees who joined in good faith, as well as the consumers, for the wrongdoings of 1-2 people.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
<Urge to make a LORD BRITISH FLEES combat arena meme.>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom