Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Damsels, Adventurers, and Dragons Myths of Malignost Long Term Campaign

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I helped with the creation of that world, and while I personally am not a big fan of the classic fantasy races (elves, dwarves etc), they're different enough here to work.

Also, the core of the game is that the players create the cultures and civilizations of the world as the game progresses. Your own tribe is going to be as generic or exotic as you want it to be ;)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Are you tired of every setting being a bland and generic experience?

Èlaz: A race of miners that are similar to the Elves everyone is familiar with.
Annunaki: A race of angelic beings that were thrown out by their respective good deities for fighting a war against the Gallu.
Gallu: Are a race of demonic beings that fought to control the good gods at the behest of the evil gods. They were also thrown out and placed on Malignost as punishment.
Sisulu: Quadrupedal humanoids that resemble Centaurs.
Dumillu: A race short beings that have the natural inclination to being sailors, water based merchants, and pirates. They are akin to Dwarves in other settings.
Awilu: They are the humans of the world. They are the high god Malignost's prized creation. They are the first born.
Gudu: They are a race of bipedal bull-men and cow-women. Think of them as the early version of Minotaurs.
Kitharians: They are a bipedal feline race where women are the dominant sex in their society.
Alipharians: They are bipedal canines.
Sur-Èlaz: In Malignost, Èlaz can breed with any other race. Sur-Èlaz's are the offspring of these pairings. They are not able to chosen at the start of the game due to none of the races having met yet.
Sur-Dumillu: Like the Sur-Èlaz, Dumillu's can breed with any other race to create half breeds. Like the other half breed they can't be selected at the start of the game.

Elves, Angels, Demons, Centaurs, Sea Dwarves, Humans, Minotaurs, Catfolk, Dogfolk. How very non-bland and non-generic :lol:
Lmao your own prototype rpg had 'umies only.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

Are you tired of every setting being a bland and generic experience?

Èlaz: A race of miners that are similar to the Elves everyone is familiar with.
Annunaki: A race of angelic beings that were thrown out by their respective good deities for fighting a war against the Gallu.
Gallu: Are a race of demonic beings that fought to control the good gods at the behest of the evil gods. They were also thrown out and placed on Malignost as punishment.
Sisulu: Quadrupedal humanoids that resemble Centaurs.
Dumillu: A race short beings that have the natural inclination to being sailors, water based merchants, and pirates. They are akin to Dwarves in other settings.
Awilu: They are the humans of the world. They are the high god Malignost's prized creation. They are the first born.
Gudu: They are a race of bipedal bull-men and cow-women. Think of them as the early version of Minotaurs.
Kitharians: They are a bipedal feline race where women are the dominant sex in their society.
Alipharians: They are bipedal canines.
Sur-Èlaz: In Malignost, Èlaz can breed with any other race. Sur-Èlaz's are the offspring of these pairings. They are not able to chosen at the start of the game due to none of the races having met yet.
Sur-Dumillu: Like the Sur-Èlaz, Dumillu's can breed with any other race to create half breeds. Like the other half breed they can't be selected at the start of the game.

Elves, Angels, Demons, Centaurs, Sea Dwarves, Humans, Minotaurs, Catfolk, Dogfolk. How very non-bland and non-generic :lol:
Lmao your own prototype rpg had 'umies only.
But I never claimed I wasn't bland and generic :smug:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
But I never claimed I wasn't bland and generic

You never actually contributed anything to this thread. In fact, you're an ass and you actually know nothing about the setting.

Because if you had actually finished reading that section it says, "Thus, in the beginning the entirety of the world is a blank slate for the GM and their players to build upon. As play proceeds, the tech levels will change from the Stone Age all the way up to Tech Level 5 which is the Age of Sail. A core component of this setting is one of the players being the leader of the tribe. As the ruler, the get to decide how their county is built with the addition of settlements that can be run by the other players. Technology and the character's class determines what they build. The overall goal of this part of the game is to build an empire. The settlement is the smallest title that can be held. The highest title is empire. A county has a max of 9 settlements. A duchy will have 4 or more counties. A kingdom is 3 or more duchies. Finally, the empire has a minimum of two kingdom titles."

When are you releasing your games? Have you actually gotten anything done?

EDIT: Thus the failure known as Tamponking has to rate this post as butthurt because he's a butthurt moron that hasn't done jack and shit.

Let us know when you can complete a project, so we can shit all over it.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I'm trying to think of some good kits to give the class.
Acupuncturist, Hamon practicioners ( :lol: ) and Contortionsist?

I don't know about any of that.... :lol:
Don't know about them in general or don't know about their likelihood to work as kits for monkos?

I don't think they would work since I have to take into consideration monks in both the western and eastern tradition. I'll have to do some research to see what I can find out.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
MerchantKing still want me to delete gnomes?

I've been giving the monk kits a lot of thoughts for Myths. This is what I roughly have in mind.

Tech Level 3 (Iron Age)
Amazon Monks
Educator Monks
Beggar Monks
Fighting Monks
Scholar Monks
Healing Monks

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
So you want me to remove savage monks?

I can shift all the monk kits to TL 3 then. Do you have other kits in mind or are the ones listed fine?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know what you have in mind with those kits (which is fine), but as far as the ages go, yes: switch all to TL 3.

Monks weren't a thing until ~600 B.C. and that is Iron Age.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I don't know what you have in mind with those kits (which is fine), but as far as the ages go, yes: switch all to TL 3.

Monks weren't a thing until ~600 B.C. and that is Iron Age.

The kit names should give you an idea on what I have in mind.

Amazon Monks: Available only to Amazon societies.
Educator Monks: Monks that specialize in education with knowledge as secondary. They get a choice of a single NWP with a +1 modifier that they know really well.
Beggar Monks: Monks that are specialized in begging for alms.
Fighting Monks: Monks that are dedicated to martial arts, so would get 2 specializations in the fighting arts at level 1.
Scholar Monks: Monks that have a vast amount of religious knowledge and have bonus NWP for Sage skills.
Healing Monks: Monks that are specialized in the art of healing others and working in hospitals.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

I've been giving the monk kits a lot of thoughts for Myths. This is what I roughly have in mind.

Tech Level 3 (Iron Age)
Amazon Monks
Educator Monks
Beggar Monks
Fighting Monks
Scholar Monks
Healing Monks
Amazon Monks huh?

The others sound good to me.

No to them? I can handle that. :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elaborate what Amazon Monks are supposed to be like because I have trouble imagining how they would differ from either regular amazons or regular monks.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

MerchantKing

Learned
You wouldn't delete a gnome would you?
Why not? They don't contribute anything to anywhere other than turnips and turnips can take care of themselves.
If it weren't for the bountiful turnip harvests and lively turnip speculators, you'd be destitute.
Lmao I don't invest, I harvest.
A farm laborer eh? I know a good plantation to work for if you need employment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom