Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daggerfall, fucking Daggerfall

Aenra

Used to be a 'rumour' floating around about a certain holy item (in an enchanted state) that if equipped infected you with the vampirism disease. Not state, the disease, aka pre-incubation.

Some fifteen(?) years later, am finding my patience limits to be a touch shorter, the default 0,6% infection chance is wearing me out. Google-ing for this reveals a number of forums "validating" said rumour, except not a fucking one of them mentions the item by name, lol.. anyone here that's come across it?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Can't help you here, sorry.

But is it really so annoying to go, say, to the King of Worms dungeon (doesn't it have vampires?) And just stand in front of one, healing yourself?

Aenra

Elwro
Ok, let me put it differently. Notice the time of my previous post, now proceed to noticing the time of my current one. And i'm still trying. Ok? :)

Red Rogue

Learned
My first experience with Daggerfall was last year when I bought the Elder Scrolls Anthology.
Let me tell you, that shit was far too much for my casual brain to deal with.

That whining sound track
The incredibly large, and empty, world
Those labyrinth death maze dungeons.

I tried brehs. I tried and I failed to derive any sort of emotion slightly resembling enjoyment from Daggerfall. No shame.

Alex

Arcane
anyone actualy finished daggerfall ?

Yeah, plenty of times. When you get past the intimidating scope of the world it's just kind of an autopilot dungeon crawl, turning right until you get to a dead end, going back and turning left and so on for eternity. I beat it to completion without cheats for the first time fairly recently.

I remember purposefully trying to fall out of the map on any edge I could find, then casting levitate and roaming through the dungeon from the outside, looking for whatever quest item I needed. The game allowed you to interact with item piles even with the ground in the way. Once I found it, I would just recall back to the quest giver. Daggerfall is really a special game.

Luzur

Good Sir
Used to be a 'rumour' floating around about a certain holy item (in an enchanted state) that if equipped infected you with the vampirism disease. Not state, the disease, aka pre-incubation.

Some fifteen(?) years later, am finding my patience limits to be a touch shorter, the default 0,6% infection chance is wearing me out. Google-ing for this reveals a number of forums "validating" said rumour, except not a fucking one of them mentions the item by name, lol.. anyone here that's come across it?

Well, thing is that "vampire Holy Symbol" seems to be one of those random Holy Item you'll find, thats why no one have a name.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
why the fk would you play daggerfall in 2015 man i guess if you have fun thats ok but holy sht i thought that game was pretty garb back in the 90s i cant imagine playing it today

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
why the fk would you play daggerfall in 2015 man i guess if you have fun thats ok but holy sht i thought that game was pretty garb back in the 90s i cant imagine playing it today
I just finished playing Daggerfall for the first time in a decade, and it's still a great game. Perhaps you simply have bad taste.

idk bud ive never really liked many dungeon crawlers but if it makes you feel better you just gave me aspergers

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
idk bud ive never really liked many dungeon crawlers but if it makes you feel better you just gave me aspergers
Yes, yes it does. Anything to stop people from making comments along the lines of "how can you enjoy such an old game?"

Last edited:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Yes, yes it does. Anything to stop people from making comments along the lines of "how can you enjoy such an old game?"

i play old games that are good like the fallout but i guess you can say i only play older games that are actually worth my time :P

daggerfall wasn't worth my time in the 90s when i tried it, guess my time costs too much ?

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

i play old games that are good like the fallout but i guess you can say i only play older games that are actually worth my time :P

daggerfall wasn't worth my time in the 90s when i tried it, guess my time costs too much ?

But...why are you even in here then?

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

idk man why did your step dad used to beat the sht out of oyu?

and btw

lmao ill never take you serious btw

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Just look at his pearls of wisdom:
kwanzabot said:
blobbers fking suck
nah im kidding man play thunderscape it's a great game amazing well thought out level design not confusing at all sickk soundtrack super helpful auto map theres this level called the mines and another called the sewers thats really easy to navigate did i mention sickkkkk soundtrack?

He looks like retarded downcase twin of BLOBERT. He even uses "u" instead of "you".

Just another shitposting braindead nigger on this site. Heu!

Luzur

Good Sir

idk man why did your step dad used to beat the sht out of oyu?

and btw

lmao ill never take you serious btw

...Drog? is this you again?

Sup

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i changed my mind man i love dungeon crawling rthrough randomly generated dungeons this game is great 11/10

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
i changed my mind man i love dungeon crawling rthrough randomly generated dungeons this game is great 11/10

Shouldn't you be busy distributing books?

OKULlm6.jpg

Kalon

Scholar
Each time I try to play Daggerfall, I can't figure out how the weapon controls work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom