Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daggerfall and DOSBox

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Overweight Manatee said:
No, growing strong in casting 1 MP fireballs 500 times at your feet is the TES character development in a nutshell.

To be frank, i found that Daggerfall invites this type of exploiting less then Morrowind. I think its because the scaling actually works. Once you become effective with a certain skill there's no reason to abuse it further and there's no incentive in leveling too fast. The ability to brake the game is there but there's just less reason to do so.

Nukester

Novice
MMXI said:
Saxon1974 said:
Anyone have any tips for exploring the dungeons?
Hug the left or right wall. Hope for the best.

Or decide which way you want to go, then turn around and go about 2 doors in the opposite direction and thats where you will find whatever your looking for :)

I cant tell you how many hours Ive spent searching the huge dungeons in this game, only to find out whatever I was looking for was very close to the entrance or the complete opposite direction from the direction I started heading. I love it though. Dungeon crawlers are my favorite type of game, so I dont mind the huge confusing ones in DF

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Nukester said:
I cant tell you how many hours Ive spent searching the huge dungeons in this game, only to find out whatever I was looking for was very close to the entrance or the complete opposite direction from the direction I started heading. I love it though. Dungeon crawlers are my favorite type of game, so I dont mind the huge confusing ones in DF
That happens so many times! I love the Daggerfall dungeons too, very atmospheric... it's like a compensation for the boring overworld.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Point is, the (non-main-quest-related) dungeons are made of "chunks", and each chunk only contains ONE place in which a quest-related thing may be. After you realise that, or read about that on some forum, the more you spend in dungeons, the more efficient you are in searching through them (if you want to be efficient at all, of course). "A chasm? OK, need to check the bottom and go LRLLR" etc. (Don't check this, that's just an example.)

Saxon1974

Prophet
Well I think I'm screwed on the 2 quests I have. I have one for the fighters guild and one for the mages guild and in both dungeons there is water and I dont have enough mana to cast water breathing and I cant make it throught the water without dying first. But like some people said maybe the quest item is somewhere else but I have searched all over this damn dungeons now.

Did someone mention there are water breathing potions? I looked and didnt find one at a couple of alchemists in daggerfall.

I might just abandon these quests but I hate doing that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom