Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2: A definitive review

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
There will be no defintive review unless I review it.

Black

Arcane
Come to think of it, French Edge or w/e it was was the first one (?) to call fo3 shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Likely Review: Not as Good As Fanboy Claim, Not As Bad As Haters Claim.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
About as much as The Codex cares about DA2, right? Yeah, thoughty so...

Mortmal

Arcane
Thats not the only french review that shot down the game, canard pc is not out yet , but i think the score will be be even worse 5/10 and the guy was in generous mood, end of game is /facepalm apprently.
I just read the review its clearly almost as bad as arcania as i quote the tester its a serious contender to gothic 4 arcania when it comes to wasting a license.
He says the combats are dull and uninteristing without any tactics required , filler after filler, and as most of the game is combat , he dont have anything else to add to judge the game...To sum up all of it reek of mediocrity, even the musics!
Damn good review it saved me some cash, sadly most of you cant read french, It score 12/20 but the text scream 2/10.He advises to try drakensang river of time instead if you want a new rpg.
Usually i am preordering bioware games, i am quite the story fag i know, but now it seems like dragon age 2 is bioware's ultima 9, i am not buying this time.

Project: Eternity
Chateaubryan said:
A rather popular french gaming websiste just reviewed our beloved Dragon Age 2 :

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00014452-dragon-age-ii-test.htm

Google-translated, I was curious what they had to say.

#
Graphics 13/20

It was expected that the engine uses Bioware Mass Effect 2 to make a real facelift. This is not the case: if the characters are better modeled, they suffer from rigid and animations are still somewhat expressive. The sets are mixed: rather nice in town and inside, they show little convincing exterior. Note finally the visual bugs found in DirectX 11 mode, however, necessary to enjoy all the graphics options.
#
12/20 Playability

Everyone will be his opinion about the makeover of an interface that is certainly very convenient. However, the gameplay is disappointing: it was expected that the game system is streamlined, but not that the dialogues are poorly translated, boring quests and combat unsatisfactory (especially if you enjoy playing at the highest level difficulty). Remains the choice of behaviors and their implications in the long term, now typical Bioware games.
#
Lifetime 13/20

Longevity Dragon Age II is highly variable. Our experience, based on Hard mode, reported thirty hours of gameplay if you limit yourself to the main frame, and a fifty in the grueling quests. This is honest but it is still half that of the previous panel, besides the disappearance of the original system reduces the replayability of the game
#
Soundtrack 13/20

If the musical themes have again been entrusted to Inon Zur, the composer was a little less inspired. At the same time, we must recognize that their accents stick with the least turning epic made by this suite. Sound effects, however, are more powerful than before. If your hero's voice is now heard in the dialogues, it is regrettable that the dubbing in French are so uneven and lacking much conviction.
#
Scenario 11/20

If the background of Dragon Age II is still as rich, dark and interesting, it gives rise to an epic adventure less and less breathless, whose themes are not repeated enough. Writing quality of quests, which often saw the confrontation, is disappointing: it is light years ahead of Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance. But what still surprises most is the mediocrity of the French translation, although it was a highlight of the first component.
#
User Rating 12/20

Dragon Age II allows for what might have been to Mass Effect 2 if it had been missed. Simplifying the system of play was expected, but it is believed motivated by a more epic adventure, served with a fascinating history and spectacular staging, which is not really the case. Between the little care given to quests, make incessant fighting in environments recycled in emulation, inability to negotiate a strategic clashes and poor French localization, not even all of Awakening level, but a big DLC uninspired. Fans of role-playing tactics will refer no hesitation on the last Drakensang rather than endorse the following botched in serious competition with Gothic 4 for killing the franchise more obvious in recent years.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
hoverdog said:
:incline: of France.
Nah, JeuxVideo have been good for a while (praised the shit out of DKS too). Speaking of DKS - they even compare the writing in DA2 to FOV :smug:

7hm

Scholar
The advancements in RPG mechanics would be enough to set it apart, but the real achievement of Dragon Age II is in the story-telling.

Oh lord.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Sceptic said:
hoverdog said:
:incline: of France.
Nah, JeuxVideo have been good for a while (praised the shit out of DKS too). Speaking of DKS - they even compare the writing in DA2 to FOV :smug:

I'm waiting for Gamekult's review. They are far more brutal and unforgiving than Jeuxvideo.com : they gave DA:O 6/10 while Jeuxvideo rated it 18/20.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Rated on a scale of 1 - 20? What the hell kind of rating is that?

A French review doesn't hold much weight on an international scale.

Wow. The posters over on BSF are getting really, really butthurt over the French. :lol:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I love how the Biofans are stuck on Jeuxvideos numbering system. "Out of 20?! Why not out of 100? This confuses me!" Come the fuck on, Bioboards.

Angthoron

Arcane
Multiplying by five or dividing by two is not something Biofans are capable of. D'aww.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Volourn said:
About as much as The Codex cares about DA2, right? Yeah, thoughty so...

I hope so.
I know i am an asshole to this game and i make a lot of noise, but i would love for it to be a great game.
I would love to eat my words and love this game i really would.

Rogue

Educated
I just played DA2 demo on the best platform of them all (Xbox 360, duh). About 15 minutes was all I could take, because the derpness of it was causing me a headache.

Basically it's look at retarded cinematics for 5 minutes, button mash for 2 minutes, repeat.

I felt retarded while playing the game. I hope it sells like shit and that Bioware dies in painful agony.

If anyone hasn't played the demo and is considering playing the full game, I urge you not to do that to yourself. It hurts your brain. A lot.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Andyman Messiah said:
I love how the Biofans are stuck on Jeuxvideos numbering system. "Out of 20?! Why not out of 100? This confuses me!" Come the fuck on, Bioboards.
Math fail:
schools-a-waste-of-time-like-i-could-be-playing-cod-for-hours-instead-of-failing-math.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom