Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D. W. Bradley's best game?

Is it...

• Wizardry V?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wizardry VI?

• Wizardry VII?

• Wizards and Warriors?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dungeon Lords?

• Temple Of Elemental Evil?

• Cybermage?

• Total voters

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Pretty much what the topic says. Which DW Bradley game gave you the most enjoyment?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
no, he is just included in the special thanks section of the credits.

Wizardry 6. It was my most played Wizardry. The one filled with the nostalgia of my youth. Thus it wins.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dungeon Lords.

Seriously, of all the games listed there I spent most time and had most fun with this buggy, incomplete game.

SkeleTony

Augur
theverybigslayer said:
Why do you choose TTOE? It is not a Bradley game! You fucking bastards! You are making mock of Bradley!

Because Bradley is and has always been an overrated piece of shit game designer. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with Wizardry 7 like any old school CRPGer and even with it's design flaws(re: nonsensical naming conventions for skills and such) it is still a thousand times better than ANY JRPG ever released. And there ARE some design decisions he probably deserves a tip of the hat for(the front/middle/rear 'ranks' and attack modes allowed from such in Wizardry 7 etc.) but come on! I mean really what purpose does re-naming simple, easily understood skills like 'stealing', 'traps/disarming', 'lockpicking' etc. as "Legerdemaine", "Skulduggery" and such serve?! And just because you are mixing any the most popular Asian archetypes(re: Samurai, Ninja, Monk) as character classes does not justify re-naming "Critical strike" as "Kirijutsu" or whatever the fuck! It just means the average CRPG vet has to go to the fucking library to look up an obscure Japanese word and write down that it is being used by Bradley as a synonym for "critical strike"(regardless of what it actuaqlly means).

And for the love of fucking sex with danishes the motherfucker introduced furries to our fucking REAL CRPGs!! If I never come across the option to create a feline or canine humanoid PC in a CRPG again it will be too soon!

SkeleTony

Augur
Black_Willow said:
SkeleTony said:
And for the love of fucking sex with danishes the motherfucker introduced furries to our fucking REAL CRPGs!!
Because furries are sexy.
Wanna yiff?

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!1111111

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SkeleTony said:
And for the love of fucking sex with danishes the motherfucker introduced furries to our fucking REAL CRPGs!! If I never come across the option to create a feline or canine humanoid PC in a CRPG again it will be too soon!

Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like about Wiz. Half of the races are non-playable to me because I don't like furries.

mondblut

Arcane
Furries are annoying, but nothing prevents one from creating a non-furry party in a game. Or better yet, creating furry characters (they are pretty good stats-wise) and giving them proper human faces. That's the beauty of RPGs for ya :P

SkeleTony

Augur
mondblut said:
Furries are annoying, but nothing prevents one from creating a non-furry party in a game. Or better yet, creating furry characters (they are pretty good stats-wise) and giving them proper human faces. That's the beauty of RPGs for ya :P

No TRUE CRPGer can do such a thing. That is like creating Nephil' PCs in the Exile/Avernum games but giving them human or slith graphics. Can't be done. No matter how much you try and tell yourself that you have no feline furries in your party it says right there on the character sheet/stats that you most certainly DO.

mondblut

Arcane
Why, I did create slith and nephil PCs in Avernum or Exile and gave them human graphics :P Consider them permanently polymorphed :D

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
It just means the average CRPG vet has to go to the fucking library to look up an obscure Japanese word and write down that it is being used by Bradley as a synonym for "critical strike"(regardless of what it actuaqlly means).

You havn't played Shin Megami games like Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga or Persona 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom