Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Suchy

Arcane
Czechs are finally doing a RPG. Awesome.
The combat looks terrible though...

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
These graphics are exactly what I want in a game. But unfortunately, it does look more like another Diablo clone than a BG one.

This, in particular, gives me shivers :

3 main characters: priest, knight, thief – 3 unique independent stories

Excellent thread title though. :wink:

lordfrikk

Scholar
I don't get Lionheart vibes at all, all I get is ten years late Diablo-clone with interesting setting. I don't think it will be better than mediocre, though. We suck at developing RPGs.

Texas Red

Whiner
Is there dialog in the game? Did they actually work on it for 10 years without dropping any info?

1eyedking

Erudite
Morgoth said:
You're a fucking moron. Most awesome games needed at least 3-4 years development time.
Fallout 2 took less than one and ITZ the best gaem evar~!!

Of course, it was more of a mod of Fallout 1, but whatever, ITZ the best.

r33fles!!

Shannow

Waster of Time
Dark Individual said:
Is there dialog in the game? Did they actually work on it for 10 years without dropping any info?
They mention 100 pages of story. I assumed much of that would be dialogue.
100 pages of course don't say how large the pages are or the font is.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Jigawatt said:
One Thousand Years...
The Devil Has Waited
To Be Loosed Out Of His Prison

This. If the English in their trailer is this clumsy then the English in the game can't be much better.

Ty

Novice
10 years of development simply sound like the team must have been very small or working part-time. It doesn't say so much about the depth, apart from that the technical aspect will be rather simple. But if the storytelling that is supposed to be so special unfolds convincingly, then the game is half a success.

Texas Red

Whiner
Bloodeyes said:
Jigawatt said:
One Thousand Years...
The Devil Has Waited
To Be Loosed Out Of His Prison

This. If the English in their trailer is this clumsy then the English in the game can't be much better.

loose (ls)
adj. loos·er, loos·est
1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.
12. Without pressure, wide: loose vagina.
adv.
In a loose manner.
v. loosed, loos·ing, loos·es
v.tr.
1. To let loose; release: loosed the dogs.
2. To make loose; undo: loosed his belt.
3. To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp.
4. To let fly; discharge: loosed an arrow.
5. To release pressure or obligation from; absolve: loosed her from the responsibility.
6. To make less strict; relax: a leader's strong authority that was loosed by easy times.
v.intr.
1. To become loose.
2. To discharge a missile; fire.
Idiom:
on the loose
1. At large; free.
2. Acting in an uninhibited fashion.

ever

Scholar
Prescriptive vs Descriptive language my friend. Never prescribe.

Loosed sounds silly to most native English speakers. Most would say he loosened his belt or he let loose his dog but never loosed.

The common phrase these czech guys were searching for is probably "to set himself loose from his prison"

Bloodeyes

Arcane
ever said:
The common phrase these czech guys were searching for is probably "to set himself loose from his prison"

"To set himself loose" changes the meaning though. "To be loosed from his prison" would have been fine. "Loosed out of" is awkward.

TWD said:
12. Without pressure, wide: loose vagina.

Where the hell are you quoting from? :lol:

Norfleet

I don't think this is really a game at all. I think this is an elaborate version of the Nigerian scam. Notice how they're trying to get you to give them money for a nonexistent product. There simply isn't a game. The gameplay footage is fake. The cake is a lie. Speculations of whether or not the "game" will be good or not are meaningless, because there simply *IS* no game. There never was, there never will be, and the entire point of this exercise is to con people out of money. Notice how they graciously let you buy vaporware months in advance. By the time you realize it is fake, you've passed the statute of limitations for even disputing the charges through Paypal, and they'll have taken your money and run with it. THIS IS A SCAM. There IS NO GAME.

La France de Souche bande de sale métèques
Norfleet said:
I don't think this is really a game at all. I think this is an elaborate version of the Nigerian scam. Notice how they're trying to get you to give them money for a nonexistent product. There simply isn't a game. The gameplay footage is fake. The cake is a lie. Speculations of whether or not the "game" will be good or not are meaningless, because there simply *IS* no game. There never was, there never will be, and the entire point of this exercise is to con people out of money. Notice how they graciously let you buy vaporware months in advance. By the time you realize it is fake, you've passed the statute of limitations for even disputing the charges through Paypal, and they'll have taken your money and run with it. THIS IS A SCAM. There IS NO GAME.

Blah blah blah, the transaction is not handled by the devs but by the publishers (Cinemax), this pre-order thing is only for the non-Czech version because the Czech version is getting a boxed release (just like Daedalic is gonna do for Machenarium).

So if turns out to be fake, it will be Cinemax that will be to blame. So with this, obviously Cinemax wouldn't take the risk of handling this pre-order transaction whitout making sure that the game was infact real.

Cinemax has already released a number of games in the US and a couple more in the Czech Republic, so it's not like they are going to risk pulling a "scam" on something that will only get them a couple of pre-orders at 29.95 bucks.

Murk

Arcane
That screen looks straight out of Sacred 1. I do remember seeing screens about this game and being interested in its premise alone about 4 years back on rpgdot.com. Prolly give it a whirl if it gets decent reviews, but i think 50 dollars might be asking a bit much.

La France de Souche bande de sale métèques
Mikayel said:
That screen looks straight out of Sacred 1. I do remember seeing screens about this game and being interested in its premise alone about 4 years back on rpgdot.com. Prolly give it a whirl if it gets decent reviews, but i think 50 dollars might be asking a bit much.

50 dollars? The game costs 666 Kč for people in Czech (something around 36 dollars) and people who pre-order the game in english downloadable version pay 29 dollars.

Stabwound

Arcane
Trudging Through Molasses Quest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom