Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Steezus

Savant
Patron
REEEra seems to be offended again after the Gameplay reveal, can you guess why?
cyberpunk-pussygate1byceb.png
cyberpunk-pussygate2hwck0.png

Sileeeenceee the discooooooord.

Gotta keep banning them account until they achieve pure cult status.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
https://www.cgmagonline.com/2018/08...c-ps4-and-xbox-one-optimization-at-the-start/

CD PROJEKT RED CONFIRMS CYBERPUNK 2077 OPTIMIZED FOR PC, PS4, AND XBOX ONE FROM BEGINNING

CD Projekt Red has confirmed in an interview with CGMagazine that Cyberpunk 2077 was built for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One from the very beginning.

“We knew we are developing the game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. And we started the process of optimization right at the start. So that’s why what you see running on the demo is a PC, which is like i7 and 1080 Ti,” Maciej Pietras, the lead cinematic animator of Cyberpunk 2077, said.

“We are from scratch thinking about optimization, about how the streaming works, how to introduce global illumination, for instance, without overwhelming the CPU,” Pietras added.

Earlier today, CD Projekt Red revealed 48 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay, giving players a glimpse into Night City. A vibrant yet dangerous metropolis, Night City is full of possibilities.

As a mercenary, players get to connect to different forms of technology to complete their quests. They also get to choose their class and customize their clothing, as well as unlock skills, discover new locations, and meet curious vendors.

There is an emphasis on the consequences of each player’s choices in Cyberpunk 2077 as well, which ties into the cinematic and narrative content.

“It’s a huge challenge compared to The Witcher, but it’s still open-world, it’s still one big city that you can explore,” Pietras explained.

Cyberpunk 2077’s release date has yet to be announced, although it has been revealed that the game is playable from start to finish in its current state according to the games producer.

Uhm, a game is not really optimized if it requires 1080ti and i7 to run "decently" those are top of the line 3000 dollar stat hardware. gg lel.

kalganoat

Savant
It's the sunny daytime weather that makes Night City look like Los Santos. Seriously it's the only reason people are comparing it to GTA.

Prime Junta

I'm happy they didn't make it nighttime and rain all the time. There's the cyberpunk aesthetic, and then there's cliché.

Quillon

Arcane
gibson said:
I also wanted science fiction to be more naturalistic. There had been a poverty of description in much of it. The technology depicted was so slick and clean that it was practically invisible. What would any given SF favorite look like if we could crank up the resolution? As it was then, much of it was like video games before the invention of fractal dirt. I wanted to see dirt in the corners.

:hmmm:

Aim1ess

Novice
https://www.cgmagonline.com/2018/08...c-ps4-and-xbox-one-optimization-at-the-start/

CD PROJEKT RED CONFIRMS CYBERPUNK 2077 OPTIMIZED FOR PC, PS4, AND XBOX ONE FROM BEGINNING

CD Projekt Red has confirmed in an interview with CGMagazine that Cyberpunk 2077 was built for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One from the very beginning.

“We knew we are developing the game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. And we started the process of optimization right at the start. So that’s why what you see running on the demo is a PC, which is like i7 and 1080 Ti,” Maciej Pietras, the lead cinematic animator of Cyberpunk 2077, said.

“We are from scratch thinking about optimization, about how the streaming works, how to introduce global illumination, for instance, without overwhelming the CPU,” Pietras added.

Earlier today, CD Projekt Red revealed 48 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay, giving players a glimpse into Night City. A vibrant yet dangerous metropolis, Night City is full of possibilities.

As a mercenary, players get to connect to different forms of technology to complete their quests. They also get to choose their class and customize their clothing, as well as unlock skills, discover new locations, and meet curious vendors.

There is an emphasis on the consequences of each player’s choices in Cyberpunk 2077 as well, which ties into the cinematic and narrative content.

“It’s a huge challenge compared to The Witcher, but it’s still open-world, it’s still one big city that you can explore,” Pietras explained.

Cyberpunk 2077’s release date has yet to be announced, although it has been revealed that the game is playable from start to finish in its current state according to the games producer.

Uhm, a game is not really optimized if it requires 1080ti and i7 to run "decently" those are top of the line 3000 dollar stat hardware. gg lel.

If a game can run "decently" with (presumably) max settings on what will be tier 2 hardware when it comes out, in 4K, then yes, I would say that is optimized pretty well. Also, it doesn't take 3k to make a 1080ti build right now, nevermind in a year or more when the game comes out.

soulburner

Cipher
I would like to hear/read some technical details about the engine and stuff. Like how are they utilizing multicore CPUs, seeing how pretty much everyone will have 6 cores or more by the time the game releases. Are they using DirectX 12 or Vulkan or are they still sticking with DX11?
Are they planning a Linux release? :M

Gerrard

Arcane

If a game can run "decently" with (presumably) max settings on what will be tier 2 hardware when it comes out, in 4K, then yes, I would say that is optimized pretty well. Also, it doesn't take 3k to make a 1080ti build right now, nevermind in a year or more when the game comes out.
You think this shit will run at 60FPS in 4K on one 1080Ti?
:nocountryforshitposters:

Mazisky

Magister

I can already feel Potato-owners complaining about the game not running well. A game with such open world requiring high end pc would be the standard.
Otherwise you can play 320x200 Daggerfall.

Aim1ess

Novice
You say 4k 60fps is "decent" now? The other guy was talking like a card that is about to be replaced in a month and a processor that already has is top of the line still. You guys gotta recognize the words you use. Most people talk about 1440 with 60+ or 4k with 30. 4k 60 is well beyond "decent." Can most optimized games of today run at 4k 60 with a 980ti?

Sykar

Arcane
I can't see any difference between this and nu Deus Ex.

The first two obvious ones are that this is pure first person and no sticky cover which already makes it superior. Now we need to be able to turn off that shitty auto health regen.

This will be such a train wreck, can't wait, and dexers defending this popamole shit

WellwornForkedArgali-size_restricted.gif

shitposter.png

bethestard.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, I was wondering when Makabb would appear in this thread.

For those who aren't aware, Makabb's trolling schtick is to shill wildly for every open-world sandbox-type game - unless it's from CD Projekt, in which case it's a raging dumpster fire disaster.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It seems at this point CDP doesn't even know what this game is

first person? shooting? stats? open world driving seems like a rip off from gta

This game is just trying to contain everything from other popular games, banal, shit, boring

Dying Light 2 will be much better than this, because it will contain much better C&C, and MCA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom