Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
Yvp3ANK.jpg
entire game is ruined

Little thing I noticed: the subtitles in the gameplay footage are very slightly curved upwards (possibly to simulate the "bulge" of old CRT monitors?)

I guess the subtitles, like the ammo count, is a feature of your cyber-eyes? Would that cause it to curve/bend with the curvature of your eye? Can someone use science to confirm?

Yeah - I have mentioned it already, but V's vision has some serious pincushion distorsion, chromatic aberration and smear, like a cheap lens. I hope it's an indication of cheap eye implants she's wearing and will go away once she upgrades the eye scanner to some advanced model.

Codex Year of the Donut
Back to Cyberpunk 2077, the only exception might be some netrunner who does nothing but sit in his basement and hacks all day never moving a finger outside of the bare necessities but that will not be the case in Cyberpunk 2077 and is therefore a worthless argument.
To be fair, a non-elderly man who is sedentary will still have above-average strength if we include women in the average.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Do we have any information on moddability or their intent on releasing a module editor ?

This would be pretty nice.

Myoid

Barely Literate
Anyhow this game is shaping up to be worse and worse. All credit due to an abject and horrendous design philosophy. At this point I would actually strip away all these surface-level, prudish RPG features only to leave the backbone of seamless exploration packed with (strange-looking, but it might work, and if it works...) combat and mad augmentations —all of which harbrings a promise of fun. Doesn't it?
What remains plain as turnips is that CDPR don't have much of a clue as to what they want to do. Perhaps they did at one point —I can picture corporate tensions and creative struggles enveloping this project —the sort of things bound to happen when an studio widens their financial mass and resources this ostensibly. I wouldn't be so hasty as to parade the (symbolic) death of CDPR. We have nonetheless witnessed symptoms of something foul-smelling, starbeams all assembling and forecasting decay. It isn't auspicious in the least.
Best case scenario: it'll turn out decent and unpretentiously engaging. Though not great or transcending as the raucous hype campaign might have suggested to the most feeble-minded and eager to dream of us.
And there goes another one...

Based on video by Polish YT game reviewer quaz9.

As majority of you might know, gameplay we had opportunity to see was based on one shown to journalists at E3, while one in Gamescom was a little different here are few major differences:
  • Male protagonist played instead of female. This changes few dialogues a little.

• During the Maelstrom quest, you can tell their leader about the deal with Militech, which make him check the chip. This opens the peaceful solution - they give you the bot, saying that they will "extract" eddies from the chip somehow. I guess it means Dum Dum can end alive?

• However, Jackie suggests V to go for chip too, so gameplay ends in violence anyway.

• Another weapon is shown - a katana, which can also produce a power shield against bullets. It's also used in "my legs" scene.

• After they exit into the night Night City, at the third plan there's a guy visible, holding an umbrella, resembling G-Man from Half-Life. CDPR guy during demo mentions that he's going to an important NPC in the main story.

As majority of you might know, gameplay we had opportunity to see was based on one shown to journalists at E3, while one in Gamescom was a little different here are few major differences:
  • Male protagonist played instead of female. This changes few dialogues a little.

• During the Maelstrom quest, you can tell their leader about the deal with Militech, which make him check the chip. This opens the peaceful solution - they give you the bot, saying that they will "extract" eddies from the chip somehow. I guess it means Dum Dum can end alive?

• However, Jackie suggests V to go for chip too, so gameplay ends in violence anyway.

• Another weapon is shown - a katana, which can also produce a power shield against bullets. It's also used in "my legs" scene.

• After they exit into the night Night City, at the third plan there's a guy visible, holding an umbrella, resembling G-Man from Half-Life. CDPR guy during demo mentions that he's going to an important NPC in the main story.

They showed the male protagonist at E3 too. Was watching some gaming site's YouTube video talking about the Gamescon showing and they showed both the male and female version to different groups. In fact I think they might have only shown the male protagonist at E3, that's all I remember hearing about anyways.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
  • During the Maelstrom quest, you can tell their leader about the deal with Militech, which make him check the chip. This opens the peaceful solution

CDPR shills will defend this.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Just watched the gameplay video.
Meh.
Deus Ex will still remain the King of ARPG's and Cyberpunk games.

Anyway. It seems Sekiro and Devil May Cry 5 are the only worthwhile AAA games shown at both E3 and Gamescom.

Edit: now that I think about it, Japs have been the ones in a long time to consistently release actually worthwhile AAA titles. It's kinda sad.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom