Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Yeah but (correct me if I'm wrong) Larian don't have anywhere near as much mainstream presence as CDPR. And if Pondsmith wants to bring Cyberpunk to as large of an audience as possible then there you go.

I haven't played any Larian games but I have played and completed The Witcher 1 and 2. :oops:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah Larian is SMALL. They are just an independent studio trying to stay alive. Yes they make pop-a-mole Console games, but that is how this business works, same with CDProjekt and Obsidian.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Here is your reality check for the day:

It is going to basically be Witcher WITH GUNZ!

It will have some skills from the original PnP system. I doubt it will even have half of them, because they have to focus on AKSHUIN! AKSHUN! AKSHUN!!!! PRESS THAT FUCKING A BUTTAN! YEAH!!!! ARE WE HAVING FUN NOW!! That's what sells (and makes their shareholder happy).

The story will possibly be interesting to possibly good.

Possible ACTUAL choice and consequences (instead of the usual Witcher no matter what you do, it all end the same, but you get some side content that is interesting following one path).

An open world design.

Retarded GIGANTO Interface because of Consoles.

Uh, I think that's what everyone hopes it will be. Obviously it's going to be an action rpg and hopefully guns will make witcher's mediocre combat somewhat better.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't mind action games as long as it's actual skill based action and not A for Awesome akshun. If CP 2077 ends up as an open world game with good shooting, good atmosphere and decent RPG elements I'll be in heavan,

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I hope so, didn't Bethesda say the same thing about Skyrim? On the other hand, Bethesda...
No, Bethesda ran into "same standards for all platforms" (which, ironically, can be interpreted in exactly opposite way) and judging by how painfully unsuccessful they are is in the matter since Morrowind, throwing beloved moniees on extra interface for PC is unlikely in the future.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It's not cost effective for them. People will dislike/complain about it but will still buy the game no matter what the interface is like.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, the endings are variations of the same, but so far it's as good as it gets in games. Nevertheless I really enjoyed some of the consequeces of my choices, especially one gruesome moment with Philippa.:roll:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

And it's now probably a shitty Call of Duty clone.

Interest -9832472098736423746

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonewolf

Augur
Well, the endings are variations of the same, but so far it's as good as it gets in games. Nevertheless I really enjoyed some of the consequeces of my choices, especially one gruesome moment with Philippa.:roll:

You mean Sheala.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014

Stonewolf

Augur
How is that a consequence of your choice? Afaik siding with Iorveth always leads to that.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Meh, multiplayer. If it's detached from the main game, then it might make not much difference, but if they plan on coop, it'll probablly end up a generic shooter

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Glad they are focusing on what matters to a game, Multi-player. :salute:

Instead of focusing 100% development on the single player game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Has anyone actually bothered reading that article and the original quoted line?

"It will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs, but we're going to add multiplayer features."

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
How is that a consequence of your choice? Afaik siding with Iorveth always leads to that.
My bad then, I thought that choosing to help Philippa instead of Triss wil save her from the spoon.

Glad they are focusing on what matters to a game, Multi-player. :salute:

Instead of focusing 100% development on the single player game.
If made properly, with a Gamemaster client, it can matter a lot actually, especially in pair with a toolset.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is wrong with multiplayer if it is done tastefully?
I don't want to believe really think they are aiming for CoD/GoW/UC style. I'm not naive enough to think they are going for something like NWN modules. But something like GTA/Red Dead Redemption which allows us to free roam with our slaves friends would be great i think.
As usual, if they do it properly of course :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
“The main problem is that the original system is based on dice rolls. When you think about Cyberpunk you think about shooting, action, a lot of explosions. But that doesn’t fit dice rolls in a video game. We want to make it more action-like – there will be a system that lets you use active skills actually in the gameplay in a shooting sequence or something like that, rather than just passive skills like in the books.”

Why I am not surprised?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom