Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Released

Joyvankek

Learned
Why does the Codex hate Cyberpunk 2077? That game was awesome. I don't have the time to dive into Phantom Liberty right now, but I wish I did.
It was released broken as fuck, some people were waiting for it for years and the game didn't meet their expectations.
Took them 3 years to make it playable.
It was marketed as RPG, and the only RPG thing in there was the character creation/abilities.
Also they have joined ESG, which means they will be politically correct and cater to "western sensibilities".
Phantom Liberty already has girl boss president, and I doubt there will be any themes or stories that would be considered "problematic", by the so called "modern audience".
You can't even find any review right now, that isn't a shilling it.

Last edited:

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
lol@soyer.
He's a bicycle enthusiast, drives a car where I wouldn't even fit in, and he's responsible for PoE's systems.
The impersonation of decline.

MasPingon

Arcane
You can't even find any review right now, that isn't a shilling it.
2.0's systems overhaul gets the Sawyer seal of approval

When a patch for a game comes out that fundamentally changes all of the progression in the game and it's very well-received and also the changes match my design philosophy 100%.

Now even most dedicated fanboys can't defend it. Checkmate :lol:

Removal

Scholar
eh, game still feels the same in regards to the core gameplay loop. 2.0 update and DLC really aren't enough to draw me back in for another play through.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Scoop;

Phantom Liberty is just the first more DLCs to come...

https://imgbb.com/][/url]

Or GOG is just not showing shit correctly - what's up with that stupid interface, does it have to be nigh impossible to find your DLC??

Whats you guys' download size?
Would assume its 77gb (base game) plus DLC (32gb)?

Cant see my DLC on GOG. Dont understand they dont make the interface easier to browse through

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
G73a6uKY_o.png

ind33d

Educated
Scoop;

Phantom Liberty is just the first more DLCs to come...

https://imgbb.com/][/url]

Or GOG is just not showing shit correctly - what's up with that stupid interface, does it have to be nigh impossible to find your DLC??

Whats you guys' download size?
Would assume its 77gb (base game) plus DLC (32gb)?

Cant see my DLC on GOG. Dont understand they dont make the interface easier to browse through
If level scaling were because CDPR were planning additional expansion packs, that would be very interesting

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Did this really need its own thread? I see other DLCs release and they just stay under the main game thread... odd. Is Shillitron paid by the thread count like some 8 year old chink in a sweatshop making sheets?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Why does the Codex hate Cyberpunk 2077? That game was awesome.
Because CDPR lied their asses off, released an absolutely shithouse 1.0 version and then shilled ESG bullshit as a way to "apologize".
If you read the Cyberpunk thread I said the game wasn't bad, it was just I felt there was 0 reason to replay the game. It just wasn't that fun of an experience to warrant me doing it again anytime soon.
If the game had followed Cyberpunk 2020 more closely like they were you know advertising they were going to do the game would have been incredible, instead they pulled a Todd Howard bait and switch.
And lets be honest here this DLC is overpriced for what you're getting.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
$31 for a DLC? :lol: After what they pulled with the main game? Which is also available for about $30 now? :lol: :lol:

I am forced to once again agree with Admiral Grrrlboss from NuTrek:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
$31 for a DLC? :lol: After what they pulled with the main game? Which is also available for about $30 now? :lol: :lol:

I am forced to once again agree with Admiral Grrrlboss from NuTrek:
It's allegedly 20 hours long, basically an expansion pack, not some 4-6 hour typical DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom