Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire: Phantom Liberty Special

Vatnik Wumao
CDPR sure want their ESG points. Female protagonist, female US president, female antagonist, female writers, gay host. This cinematic was painfully boring, it seems Idris Elba character is some kind of cuck that lives only because of a woman's mercy. This seems to be a kind of female writing room trope nowadays.
I'm unlikely to ever finish my game, but in it there's no women.
I was inspired by George Martin's Dying of the Light sci-fi novel, where an entire planet's female population got almost wiped out by a plague, which culturally affected their civilization to the core. They hid their women deep in the caves and a marriage became an agreement between multiple men and one woman, where the woman was something between a commodity and a person. They loved her and were protective of her, but she didn't get to go out a lot, let's just say.
I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have no women on a planet at all? In today's times, it could offer a fresh perspective for people who are tired of consuming the same recycled thing over and over.
There's literally a village like this somewhere in India or Nepal. Multiple men marrying a single woman.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CDPR sure want their ESG points. Female protagonist, female US president, female antagonist, female writers, gay host. This cinematic was painfully boring, it seems Idris Elba character is some kind of cuck that lives only because of a woman's mercy. This seems to be a kind of female writing room trope nowadays.
I'm unlikely to ever finish my game, but in it there's no women.
I was inspired by George Martin's Dying of the Light sci-fi novel, where an entire planet's female population got almost wiped out by a plague, which culturally affected their civilization to the core. They hid their women deep in the caves and a marriage became an agreement between multiple men and one woman, where the woman was something between a commodity and a person. They loved her and were protective of her, but she didn't get to go out a lot, let's just say.
I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have no women on a planet at all? In today's times, it could offer a fresh perspective for people who are tired of consuming the same recycled thing over and over.

Not an original idea and already done in Gothic 3 where all women were gone (I assume wiped out by a mysterious plague) and wherever you went there were only men in towns across the entire continent.

Gundroog

Literate
The hacking in the base game was already stupid overpowered to a point it became boring, and they're saying "it's more powerful than ever". What is the point? Melee having more of a fleshed out movelist is nice at least.

Vatnik Wumao
Some players probably complained about the hacking penalty against boss enemies, which can double casting costs of combat hacks. It makes pure caster builds impractical. Therefore the new overclock skill that allows the player to cast from HP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom