Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire: Phantom Liberty Special

MasPingon

Arcane
CDPR sure want their ESG points. Female protagonist, female US president, female antagonist, female writers, gay host. This cinematic was painfully boring, it seems Idris Elba character is some kind of cuck that lives only because of a woman's mercy. This seems to be a kind of female writing room trope nowadays. Whole presentation was stiff and cringy, I felt like it's some kind of dystopian corpo style pastiche, fucking Johnny cab in Total Recall was more vivid then those guests. It's like a cumulation of carcinogenic 2023 trends - they're even trying to get you attention by buying most spoiled and degenerate entities on this planet- celebrities, actors and god damn influencers.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I love the way they're getting excited over gameplay styles that we expected in the game from the beginning - "bullet time ninja!" Yeah well, that's what we thought we'd be getting in the first place lol, so all you're telling me here is that you've finally got right (in your estimation, we'll see) what you should have gotten right the first time :)

And the cyberhacking - jeez, as if it wasn't too OP already.

And ofc not a single male player character in the examples.

Also, that "Game Designer," Gabriel Amatangelo looks like someone who gets ahead by glad-handing and schmoozing rather than having anything to do with games. Happy to be proved wrong, but that was my first reaction on seeing his overly-smiley, over-enthusiastic mug. He reminds me of Bez, the guy who used to play the tambourine while off his face on E in the band Happy Mondays. No clue about music, but boy could he gurn and whack the tambourine :)

Last edited:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I'm not watching a 40 minute advertisement, but the only way to fix cyberpunk would be to:

-remove the main storyline and make a new, less retarded one
-decide on either a wacky or serious tone and stick with it
-make 100% new characters
-new voice actors for the main character
-redo all the driving physics from the ground up
-remove every activity that was MMO-esque and replace it with something better
-replace World of Warcraft / Diablo loot with normal items with NO COLOUR CODING and NO LEVEL RESTRICTIONS
-replace skill trees with anything but skill trees
-delete crafting
-debloat the menus and interface
-make the pedestrians and police actually good

Did they do all that?? If not, this gets my official seal of disapproval.

Lance Treiber

Educated
CDPR sure want their ESG points. Female protagonist, female US president, female antagonist, female writers, gay host. This cinematic was painfully boring, it seems Idris Elba character is some kind of cuck that lives only because of a woman's mercy. This seems to be a kind of female writing room trope nowadays.
I'm unlikely to ever finish my game, but in it there's no women.
I was inspired by George Martin's Dying of the Light sci-fi novel, where an entire planet's female population got almost wiped out by a plague, which culturally affected their civilization to the core. They hid their women deep in the caves and a marriage became an agreement between multiple men and one woman, where the woman was something between a commodity and a person. They loved her and were protective of her, but she didn't get to go out a lot, let's just say.
I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have no women on a planet at all? In today's times, it could offer a fresh perspective for people who are tired of consuming the same recycled thing over and over.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
CDPR sure want their ESG points. Female protagonist, female US president, female antagonist, female writers, gay host. This cinematic was painfully boring, it seems Idris Elba character is some kind of cuck that lives only because of a woman's mercy. This seems to be a kind of female writing room trope nowadays.
I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have no women on a planet at all?
Sounds rather gay

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have no women on a planet at all?
Sounds rather gay
but gay is good in your world, retard. So you probably mean, fabulous.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Nice trailer, I liked it. I also really like their take on Cyberpunk aesthetic.

Also the transformation of the Asian girl who betrays her friend (?) in the end part she is the mechanical barely human monstrosity... that was creepy as fuck.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I will watch the cutscenes movie on utube and forget about it.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have no women on a planet at all? In today's times, it could offer a fresh perspective for people who are tired of consuming the same recycled thing over and over.
Have you seen Alien 3? A planet with a penal colony with male only inmates. However there's one woman on that planet during the movie and the inmates aren't even that violent.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Pretty terrible show. 20 Minutes just spent fagging about Idris Elba and talking about the music. It is an almost 40 minutes show and they use maybe 10 of them to talk about the gameplay

I find these talk-show formats where they try to present like its some kind of movie premiere to be tedious and self-indulgent. Who watches 38 minutes of this crap? Give me a written article with a clip showcasing (actual) gameplay that the article describes.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
CDPR sure want their ESG points. Female protagonist, female US president, female antagonist, female writers, gay host. This cinematic was painfully boring, it seems Idris Elba character is some kind of cuck that lives only because of a woman's mercy. This seems to be a kind of female writing room trope nowadays. Whole presentation was stiff and cringy, I felt like it's some kind of dystopian corpo style pastiche, fucking Johnny cab in Total Recall was more vivid then those guests. It's like a cumulation of carcinogenic 2023 trends - they're even trying to get you attention by buying most spoiled and degenerate entities on this planet- celebrities, actors and god damn influencers.
B-but what about 'muh based polish game company who cares about its fanbase??

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
B-but what about 'muh based polish game company who cares about its fanbase??
What about it? Pre-order the DLC now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Nice trailer, I liked it. I also really like their take on Cyberpunk aesthetic.

Also the transformation of the Asian girl who betrays her friend (?) in the end part she is the mechanical barely human monstrosity... that was creepy as fuck.
Yeah, looks great.

The strongman build where you can pick up an enemy and throw it at another and they sort of gib is right up my alley.

Gambler

Augur
I should be a part of the target audience for this thing, but I can't muster any more enthusiasm for it than for the original game.

What I would expect:
- Unique gameplay that is based on being in a large metropolitan area.
- Heavy emphasis on engineering, software and cyberspace.
- Some narrative elements that nod back to Neuromancer and other classics of the cyberpunk genre.

What I see is pointlessly flashy visuals and cringe gameplay where you deflect bullets with a katana and stab people with daggers implanted in your arms for HP refill. Ok, it's a console-friendly action RPG, I get it. Problem is, I don't see much else. Moreover, the combat looks repetitive even within this single YouTube clip. I think people who made this video realize they have a problem, because they are narrating the gameplay, instead of just showing it. When someone pretends to watch the same content you just watched and then tells you how cool it all looks... it's the same kind of manipulation as adding a laugh track to bad comedy.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I find these talk-show formats where they try to present like its some kind of movie premiere to be tedious and self-indulgent. Who watches 38 minutes of this crap? Give me a written article with a clip showcasing (actual) gameplay that the article describes.

I get the feeling the idea is to invest the viewer in the product emotionally so when it comes out they will be too "involved" in it to criticize it, or see its flaws. Seems to work wonders on some people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom