Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Could we jst ban people who say they pirate new indie games?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Black Cat said:
Now I just need a really cool pirate name.
Black Rat.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
hanssolo said:
The last time I paid for a game was KotC. I will consider paying for a game again when one of comparable value is released.

This is the kind of poser shit from people in their early twenties that makes me laugh. Keep it coming. :M

MisterStone

Arcane
Coyote said:
I never suggested that any discussion of piracy should result in banning, so the whole "slippery slope argument" of "Well one day they start banning people for talking about piracy so they can get a few more dev interviews, and within a couple of months they'll give Skyrim a glorious write-up in exchange for the right to blow Todd Howard before anyone else at the release party..." doesn't really make sense.

@People who use retarded straw man arguments- :ignore:

:hmmm:

But, but... people really were saying that.

Coyote

Arcane
MisterStone said:
But, but... people really were saying that.

Well, I might have missed it, but the closest thing I remember seeing is my own statement...

Coyote said:
There are already dozens of gaming/RPG sites that censor their posters in order to appear more attractive to devs; part of what makes the Codex unique and more attractive to me than those other sites is its devotion to free speech.

...and other similar responses to VentilatorOfDoom's suggestion of increased moderation in order to cultivate a healthier relationship with developers, which is a far cry from "Well one day they start banning people for talking about piracy so they can get a few more dev interviews, and within a couple of months they'll give Skyrim a glorious write-up in exchange for the right to blow Todd Howard before anyone else at the release party". The comparison to other sites was there to emphasize how the Codex's hands-off approach to moderation makes it special (in every sense of the word, hurr hurr), not to say that it would become just another cock-sucking gaming site if people were banned for making "I just got a copy from TPB. :smug:" posts.

Edit: I guess you might have been referring to these posts, in which case I can see where you were coming from. Though I interpreted them as skuphundaku being more focused on opposition to censorship in general and less on the idea of sucking up to devs when he made the comparison to IGN et al. and said "there is no difference" between banning harsh opinions and banning piracy shit-posting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom