Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Could we jst ban people who say they pirate new indie games?

MisterStone

Arcane
Seriously, do we need to fucking debate this shit? Ban the fuckers. If they want to pirate a $10-$20 game that some dude probably sacrificed most of his life savings to develop and sell at a few bucks overhead, they can fucking just as well laugh it up on another site. :rpgcodex:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
$10-20 can still be way too much for someone in thirdworldia. I don't know. Have some compassion for those in shitholes.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Roguey said:
$10-20 can still be way too much for someone in thirdworldia. I don't know. Have some compassion for those in shitholes.
Then maybe they should spend more time working instead of pirating computer games?
:troll:

MisterStone

Arcane
If someone's too poor to buy the game and they pirate it, fine, whatever. I'm just saying they either need to have enough shame not to mention how they got the game, or be banned.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Roguey said:

How come this someone can afford the PC but don't have 10$?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
@MisterStone - The Codex is constantly assaulting me with TMI but wanting it bannable? Eh... perhaps a more lax dismissive attitude is better. Like "lol whatever you say big downloader" or I AM GLAD YOU FOUND IT NECESSARY TO TELL US YOU DOWNLOADED THIS SOFTWARE WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT THAT INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME

@Hamster - Jerry, that adds up! Sure, fifteen here, then ten there and then it's all over Jerry!

Raxmus

Novice
Mistershithead says: " I want to ban people who say things I don't like or agree with"

Go back to Nazi Germany bro

MisterStone

Arcane
I'm speechless

*edit* some craven pussy thawed out an alt account and logged on to this site via a web proxy to make a shitty attempt at trolling me... looks like we're getting somewhere...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We have actually talked about doing something like this. Particularly people who post links to pirated stuff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What's really stupid is people just say it as a meme now: 'herp derp TPB version is cheaper,' etc. etc. Funny/silly posts are fine. Not everything has to be some in depth analysis but the announcing of pirating (mostly just for pirating sake) gets old. If you pirated something, huzzah. The rest of us don't need to be informed of your edginess.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Re: Could we jst ban people who say they pirate new indie ga

MisterStone said:
a $10-$20 game

Frayed Knights is 29$ :smug:

DarkUnderlord said:
We have actually talked about doing something like this. Particularly people who post links to pirated stuff.

Fuck me, why did I become a patron when I could have used this site for free! :rpgcodex:

Oh right I tried it and liked it

Metro said:
The rest of us don't need to be informed of your edginess.

Honestly the concept of not pirating is what is edgy if edgy is defined as anti-mainstream. Though I get your point, and if nothing else in this thread, agree that the hilarity of "lol I just pirate" is coming to a fast end.

MCA
Metro said:
What's really stupid is people just say it as a meme now: 'herp derp TPB version is cheaper,' etc. etc. Funny/silly posts are fine. Not everything has to be some in depth analysis but the announcing of pirating (mostly just for pirating sake) gets old. If you pirated something, huzzah. The rest of us don't need to be informed of your edginess.

We don't need to be informed of your intolerance. Muslim pig.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hamster said:
Roguey said:

Presumably, they pirated that as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Aldebaran said:
Hamster said:
Roguey said:

Presumably, they pirated that as well.

By this logic, everyone should be able to afford everything at all times if they could afford something.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Metro said:

We do it exactly to get reactions like this, you understand. You thought your moderate rebuke would seem nonchalent, well think again. This is troll bait. I now know something that can get on your nerves, even "slightly" - it's an open door to your anus. I will make full of use of it in the future.

Altho I agree that pirating AoD would inacceptable. :x

You now know something that would get on my nerves. Make use of it wisely.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Hamster said:
Roguey said:

Because you can find something on PII or PIII for two bottles of beer.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Indie games must die.

But yeah people should be banned for wasting time pirating something so bad. At least pirate AAA console shit as it's vastly superior.

laclongquan said:
No. But it will help to prevent their idiotic bragging about their pirating. Do they even understand it's not a proud activity?

Anything that leads to a downfall of indies and AAAs is a just deed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom