Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Consortium - a Sci-Fi FPS ADVENTURE - remaster coming Q2 2024

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

The game received rebalance update: https://steamcommunity.com/games/264240/announcements/detail/1726470729236835895

Also there will be a remaster made with Unreal Engine 4.

Final Source Engine build - 2019 REBALANCE

Greetings Seekers,

We have just pushed the final Source engine build of CONSORTIUM live - v1.26.1 - 2019 REBALANCE. A list of the changes made can be found HERE.

As mentioned below, all combat in the game has been re-balanced to help address some major feedback we've received over the years.

These changes should make for a more entertaining interactive narrative experience. Combat in CONSORTIUM is supposed to essentially be part of the storytelling, but it was too complex, demanding and hard-core before.

Why is this the final build? The answer is simple - we are planning to eventually bring you a fully remastered UE4 version of the game, with additional content and new features.

But in the meantime, this tweaked version of CONSORTIUM should hopefully make it a better companion with Consortium: The Tower. Also of note, an updated trailer is live on the Store page that we think helps conveys the essence of the CONSORTIUM experience.

That's about all for now...

-iDGi

From comment:

Boba: YES, that is correct. All current owners of CONSORTIUM will receive any future UE4 version for free.

JDR13

Arcane
I've had this game sitting in my Steam library for years. Maybe I should finally give it a try.

grimace

Arcane
I always had the sense Consortium was the test to build up to Consortium: The Tower.

Interdimensional Games Inc started to raise funds on kickstarter and moved to Fig.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower

Consortium: The Tower -- Steam Early Access Trailer
135 5 Share
Save

Interdimensional Games Inc

Published on Sep 21, 2017

One of the best indie games coming in 2018
By gam | Published February 2, 2018

Was a release date ever given?

Estimated amount of gameplay for Act 1 is 15-20 hours

Will Act 1 end on a cliff hanger for players to wait 4 or more years to play Act 2?

iDGi has been quiet about The Tower for the past 8 months. No news is good news?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have the EA of The Tower, but barely played it so as not to spoil it. Consortium (1) does feel like a prologue but the actual world is fascinating so I would love to see this get more traction. The Deus Ex meets interdimensional traveler thing is great. Also the voice acting and reactivity of the first game was really good and it had a lot of potential. Shame that interesting and ambitious indie projects like this are ignored, while pixel shit meat boy clone plaformer 4536 gets all the attention.

The game is being updated to answer grimace, and with the porting and update of Consortium 1, it seems like it's alive and kicking!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also there will be a remaster made with Unreal Engine 4.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/264240/announcements/detail/3356791365866658536

ZENLIL's Galley as rendered from within UE4...

7473595b3edb241280aad7dcfbd8558491b4651a.png

How many things in this scene are in some way interactive within Consortium?

Comment your answers below, we will confirm the real number next week!

ZENLIL's Galley as rendered from within UE4. With labels!

0c88cbd3984cb12c3a1cf99d94ba46f5de128d08.png

No-one answered correctly! Technically the answer is 29, but 26 would have been accepted. Details in the image... :D

High-res image HERE

-iDGi

grimace

Arcane
What about progress on the Consortium Tower project?

Funds were raised for a sequel? And we see a remaster?

Who is leading this project/company and where are they going?

Jinn

Arcane

Sadly progressing at a snails pace. The remaster of the first game does seem like a big waste of time, but as far as I know, the ZENLIL is going to be a featured environment in The Tower, so they need to model it anyway. Maybe not as big a waste of time as it appears at first glance.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FWIW https://steamcommunity.com/app/626250/eventcomments/3110266679779895957/#c3110266679781678422

All will become clear once we've properly announced this. However, this is about the improvement in choreography (virtual acting) over the original - these tech improvements and a lot more are going to be applied to The Tower.

And from earlier thin month: https://steamcommunity.com/app/626250/eventcomments/2995422276366102994/#c2995422855918549519

How can you guys work on 3 differents projects and stay focused enough?

Because two of those projects are deeply connected at the hip (The VR project and The Tower - you will understand why when we properly announce). Whispers is mostly (an epic) writing endeavor, the vast majority of the game itself is pretty much done.

grimace

Arcane

Sadly progressing at a snails pace. The remaster of the first game does seem like a big waste of time, but as far as I know, the ZENLIL is going to be a featured environment in The Tower, so they need to model it anyway. Maybe not as big a waste of time as it appears at first glance.

Converting one game from Source to Unreal 4 helps improve both games.

https://steamcommunity.com/ogg/626250/announcements/detail/3020194687223954922

iDGi [developer] Jan 22 @ 1:12pm
forum_topicicon_reply.png
award_icon.svg

All will become clear once we've properly announced this. However, this is about the improvement in choreography (virtual acting) over the original - these tech improvements and a lot more are going to be applied to The Tower.

Was about to post this and then look up to see LESS T_T already posted it.

I can add that I'm glad this is Unreal 4 and not Unity.

Is there a market for a VR version of Consortium? Here's hoping it pays off.

EDIT:

Not a Profile Name
iconGames.png
Aug 23, 2020 @ 10:47am
Guys, when will early access on this game end?
I have been waiting for full release of this completed game and have put off playing it for that reason. Do we have a clear beta completion estimate?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments

iDGi
[developer] Aug 24, 2020 @ 12:22pm
iDGi; Aug 24, 2020 @ 1:42pm

We still do not know when the game will reach v1.0. However, you can expect Act 1 of Consortium: The Tower to hit beta before you see any new content from Act 2 or 3. When that occurs, you will know that the first part of the game is truly almost done. In addition, when that milestone occurs, we will very likely have a good public completion time estimate to share with everyone.

Right now, we are working on various projects to help us fund the remainder of production for The Tower - an update explaining more IS coming - watch for a post here on Steam in the near future...

Needs more money!

Last edited:

Spukrian

Savant
I have played through this a few times. A great short game with massive amount of replay value, incredibly reactive.

I was a bit disappointed with the murder mystery though. I would've liked having finding more clues and useful information in interrogations, making it easier to deduce the culprit. Every time I played the game I got it wrong. The last time I played the game I had narrowed it down to three suspects, when the first two were wrong I gave up in frustration... only to read on the wiki that the last suspect I had was the correct one.

Fun Fact: One playthrough I read through every entry I could find in the database, that took 10+ hours. Some give interesting lore about the setting, a few give helpful clues and some are a bit boring sadly. I'm sure I didn't find everything though.

Cautiously looking forward to The Tower.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/264240/view/3719452816815570124

CONSORTIUM Remastered announced, CONSORTIUM VR Beta on Steam, now available.
04-21-2023 - Earth Day - iDGi Game Dev bull2t1n
Earth Day is almost upon us. We celebrate our shared home, planet Earth, and its incredible beauty and diversity. Let's take a moment to appreciate the natural wonders that surround us and commit to nurturing our environment for future generations. We hope you take some to enjoy the great outdoors today. And then...maybe consider checking out CONSORTIUM Remastered and/or CONSORTIUM VR! ;)

CONSORTIUM Remastered
To all current owners of CONSORTIUM (2014) on Steam: You will be automatically gifted CONSORTIUM Remastered when we take it out of Beta.

CONSORTIUM Remastered fully supports a much wider range of PC setups, controllers, Steamdeck and V.O.I.C.E: You can play through the entire story by literally talking out loud and making friends (or enemies) with Consortium’s diverse cast of characters.

If you decide to check out the Remastered Beta or CONSORTIUM VR (Quest 2 or Steam) and have feedback (or bug reports!) for us, make a post on the iDGi Discord “Bugs and Issues” forum and your name will be included in the game’s credits.

CONSORTIUM VR on Steam

Today we are also announcing that we have decided to make the CONSORTIUM VR Beta available on Steam VR via Early Access. Just like the flat-screen Remastered edition, we have added many new elements to the game, along with improvements planned over the Early Access period. Please checkout the store page and read the Early Access description for more details!

If you want to try out CVR for free, and you have a Quest 2, search for CONSORTIUM VR in the Quest store and use the “Try Before You Buy” feature to play for 30 minutes.

We hope to see you all in the iDGi Discord server!

Namaste,

--iDGi

“Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.”

― Charles Kettering

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I do not understand how are these people able to keep working on these games. I have not seen either of them sell well enough for this. This must be financed by some rich person that cares not for earnings.

Spukrian

Savant
That figures.

But why?
I don't know... but I assume they want people to buy the remaster instead of the old version. But that's dumb, what if the remaster is really bad?

People who bought the original on Steam will get the remaster for free it seems. At least that's something. No word if people who bought it on Gog will get it too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom