Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Consortium - a Sci-Fi FPS ADVENTURE - remaster coming Q2 2024

NwNgger

Educated
I was actually quite heavily involved as a player of the ARG that led into Consortium. It was a very smart, very meta way to do some world building and advertising for the game. It lasted several years and Consortium is really just a small part of a much larger and weirder story involving time travel,alternate dimensions and possible alien manipulation. If you weren't fully up to speed there was a full walkthrough of the ARG and archive of the forum posts included with every copy of the original Consortium. Sadly it seems that most of the ARG websites were taken down. But you could still at least read the walkthrough and get the plot details. And now you can't get the original version of Consortium. The remastered version does not contain the ARG walkthrough or archive. So new players will completely miss out on key context that actually unlocked a fair bit of hidden content in game if you knew what to do. So that saddens me.

This company are going in way too many directions. You expect me to believe this small indie company who released a comercial flop can juggle Consortium: Remastered, That text adventure that still hasn't been released despite being done since 2020, Consortium VR, and finally a fully fledged and expanded sequel in Consortium: The Tower?

No chance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A development snapshot of the new VT Missile Defense scenario for CONSORTIUM Remastered. Taken from inside Unreal Editor, complete with debug info on the upper left!

CONSORTIUM Remastered and VR v1.0 coming Q2 2024!

grimace

Arcane
Will they keep the skybox for final version of in game missile command?

Jinn

Arcane
I've said it before, but god this all seems like such a massive waste of time and resources. All while the game they always wanted to make in the first place lingers in Early Access hell. So much wasted potential. I'd be very surprised if The Tower is ever truly finished.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly I am wondering how the Studio is still operational

It is clear they are not making sales and remaking the first game in UE while nice won't be really bringing new customer as they are little unknown niche game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom