Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Conlan's Claim is still alive. Gets renamed to Unclaimed World.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Conlan's Claim; Refactored Games; Unclaimed World

Apparantly the game once known as Conlan's Claim is still alive. The last time we reported on it developer Refactored Games were looking for some gubbermint aid to keep it going. They claimed they got it and then went awfully quiet. In the past few weeks however the game got renamed to Unclaimed World, the website got refurbished and they showed some more of the colonisation/survival on an alien frontier game.

And yeah, I really liked that old name better.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Well, that looks gorgeous, first time I've heard about the game and they've already hooked me.

EDIT: Also, the new generic name sucks.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That teaser looks very nice, but someone needs to save them from that monstrosity of a name that they have concocted. Scientific pioneers in the field of product sabotage could not manufacture a name with a lower customer attention index than "Unclaimed World." You almost never want to speak in the negative with something like a title, it won't sound strong. Or if you do, you should try to keep it to one word (Unclaimed, in this case, seems more attention grabbing). Unless you want to go down in history with such titles as "The Day the Earth Did Not Move."

I really hope they didn't make the change in order to appeal to a wider audience, because if there is one unknown game I won't take a look at during a steam sale, it is some indie game called "Unclaimed World."

Larendav

Educated
The game looks very inspired... Unlike the name. Still, I can't wait until this is greenlighted.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The first part which they intend to release sounds more like a wilderness survival sim a la Don't Starve to be really honest. Only with aliens instead of pig men. We'll see. Apart from the teasers and the little you can find on their homepage there is very little substantial info.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Lest it slips from collective memory ..

They are still making updates from time to time, and promise that the demo will be finished, "soon".

http://unclaimedworld-game.com/screenshots-from-the-upcoming-demo/

Hi all, we are well underway with the game. Among the things we have in place now are the simulation system and the interface functionality. The animation system is being restructured which is why we haven’t been able to show you any gameplay videos. They will appear when we have it running again.
Also, the interface, although working, is in a temporary form – we still need to do the final polish. We’ve put some mockup layouts in the gallery so that you can see the look that we’re aiming for.
You can also see more impressions from the demo scenario. Among them the crashed aircraft and the campsite. And a screenshot from the main menu with the, as yet, unnamed planet.
Talk to you soon!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Really love their artstyle and the initial outline sounded extremely promising. The prolonged periods of silence however make me think this is either a hobby project or in development hell. Even with a full grant given to them. Them also announcing that they basically skipped the whole sandbox 'colonisation' gameplay for scripted missions was rather, well, disappointing.

Dunno, I love the whole idea of the game. Could still turn out to be good but I'm leaning towards it going to turn out as a half assed simulation at best. If they ever release it.

Burning Bridges

Why can't have more games this kind of look. Instead everyone goes for bright colors, transformers looking sprites and real time combat.

I think this could still be a long way out. Judging by their screenshots they only recently started adding a UI, and may have realized that there is still much more work left to do.

Burning Bridges

If they are cutting corners it could be an indication that they have problems finishing the game.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
If they are cutting corners it could be an indication that they have problems finishing the game.

Or that they were much too ambitious in the first place and are drastically scaling stuff back as they go. Or are stuck in development hell and are making a mess of it all. On a positive note, the fact that they still are making updates every blue moon means they are still working on it.

Plus that the last teaser vid from january really was looking nicely.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wow, this looks good, first time I am hearing of this. Eagerly awaiting!

amar0k

Novice
what is this game? alpha centauri 2 or alien fallout?

It doesn't have to do much with any of these. The website states inspiration comes from Dwarf Fortress and The Settlers. Scale is rather small, as the player only controlls a "small group" of characters and focus is on very basical stuff like plant gathering and hunting, in contrast to empire management alá Alpha Centauri.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom