Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Confessions of a Consoletard

bussinrounds

Augur
Play RDR with Free Aim only (no locking on faggotry) , refrain from using the slow mo feature (makes it waaay too easy) and shut off the mini map because it shows all the enemies as red dots. When you wanna bring up your map just hit start and X immediately after that. (or whatever the 2 buttons is was to bring up the map)

Also Motorstorm Pacific Rift (off road racing) and I like the Hot Shots Golf games cause they use the 3 click method and not that analog bs.

Also the Show games are ok if you like baseball, I guess. The pitching and batting is pretty decent, but the defense sucks balls because of the cpu assist overriding your input and lengthy canned animations you can't break out of.

Last edited:

Amn Nom

Learned
Try these, a couple I threw in because you and the kids may like them:
-Demon Souls: It's a Soul's game, nothing else to really say.
-Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen; Best party based third person ARPG out there.
-God of War Saga: Quick time event the game with a fun combat system. Play the first 4 (1,2 and the PSP ports) games and pretend like 3 never happened.
-Infamous Collection: Open world game where the combat isn't that great, but the parkour is a lot of fun. Should be good for the kids too.
-Journey Collection: Interesting little artsy game, and Flower wasn't too bad either. Could be something for the kids depending on what they like.
-Little Big Planet 2: The platforming sucks, but the level creator is cool and it is a lot of fun co-op. Highly recommended as something to do with the kids.
-Okami HD: The best looking game on the system IMO. Other then that it is your standard good Zelda game with a 'brush' drawing gimmick.
-Tales of Graces F: Story isn't that great, but I loved the combat system. Maybe good for the kids?
-Valkyria Chronicles: 3rd Person SRPG set in a alternate reality World War 2. The game has serious balance issues, but it is still worth playing.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So I just finished Nier and goddamn it was good. It's one of those games that are not quite great, nevertheless it's absolutely special. It tries to do many things and it does most of them successfully. Very good story/dialog, very nice atmosphere, sub-par PS3 graphics but with excellent art direction and some of the most impressive bosses I've seen. ARPG combat that can be simplistic but gives you many options and adds stuff along the way. The perspective from 3rd person may suddenly change to side-scrolling platforming, wide isometric hack and slash, or top down shoot'em up, nothing overly deep but certainly very charming. Many side-quests that border on MMO fetch-shit BUT at the same time offer amusing dialog and story background. 1-handed , 2-handed and speared weapons that handle differently and can be upgraded. Fun to use magic powers. Fantastic music, reminded me of ICO.

Your companions are a talking Book (awesome VO) a fanservice futa and a floating skeletal thing. The MC is a big, grizzled old dude that reminded me of TNO. The whole game has some Torment vibes actually. You want to be a gardener ? You can be one. Also pretty nice NG+ where you get thrown back into the middle of the game where you've got all your powers and weapons and learn some more backstory. Finish the game and you'll get an upgraded ending. I'll probably go for it. I believe you also collect new gear. You can do that another 2 times to get to the final ending.

All and all I'd say I was pleasantlyy surprised with this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom