Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Tigranes

Arcane
Melee could be dominating in some earlier versions, with some really high damage numbers - quite a few things have changed though.

Trying out the good old super-reaction build and I think reaction shot type/damage has also changed, not sure yet if for the stronger/weaker.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm, you can't walk, nor holster your weapon... at least I don't think you can.
Also, is it possible to lock the camera to the character?

Deadass

Savant
How do i kick companions out from the party? i want to take garret and the game says that i can change them in Armory but i don't know how

edit ok im retarded i found out how

Tigranes

Arcane
How do i kick companions out from the party? i want to take garret and the game says that i can change them in Armory but i don't know how
C for character screen, X on each person. Early game everybody will hang out at Whiskey Jack.

The game saved all my 2020? saves and turns out this is my 18th run through Colony Ship, god damnit VD

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I bought it, launched it and made my character before I had to quit to go to shop. So far the experience has been 10/10

aratuk

Cipher
Bought EA a few years ago on GOG, and bought again on Steam yesterday for incline purposes.

Surprised to find that my saves from more than a year ago still load… are there known problems with old EA save compatibility?

Btw, it runs great in x86_64 emulation on Apple Silicon.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Found the codexer steam review

1699655467179.png

Ryzer

Arcane
I hate when someone throws random video-games names to look like a true connoisseur, like look guys how edgy I am.

In reality these creatures only cause utmost repulsion, and reactions like "what a weirdo!", "uhhh, he stinks!", it's like the brain produces a natural stimuli not to encounter these people.

agris

Arcane
Patron
950 peak players as of 2 hrs ago, the game has gained about 200 reviews since Nov 8 and it’s now over 1000 reviews with a very positive rating.

I hope the trajectory holds. Godspeed ITS.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Short review from playing through the first zones up to the factory.

Positives:

+ Writing is at least as good as in AoD, I like a lot of the flavor text for the setting, between the companion interjections and some of the quest dialogues, I'm having fun reading all that text;

+ Character progression system. Really enjoy leveling skills through use, and having a lot of environmental skill checks that are too high for your character when you first enter an area, which "forces" you to revisit zones and use those new skills;

+ Loot, lots of items, loot, weapons, armors to deck your characters. A big improvement over AoD;

+ Combat, it's challenging and unforgiving. You will die a lot, at least I did.

Negatives

- Teleporting. The worst part of AoD... The levels are already small, so why make them smaller by the player teleporting everywhere? Not only a lot of quests use this, but the map has too much teleport to points of interest;

- Map. There's no such thing in-game;

- Quest log, non existent beyond a gloried Quest list. I love quest logs with flavor text and extensive descriptions to read through, this game has none;

- Companions and npcs. None of them have been very interesting so far,

- Graphics. Game world looks too "clean" and lifeless

- Level design, some of them are too dark to navigate, some of them are not very clear to navigate, like the greenhouse level. Most of them are just boring to explore

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I agree with most of that, but I actually do really like the teleportation in AoD. Here slightly less so, since you don't have a proper map and kinda lose sense of direction a bit, but it's still a net positive for me.

Especially on repeat playthroughs it just feels so nice to bang shit out super fast. No loading screens, just crazy efficient travel.

Tigranes

Arcane
Teleportation is fine, but teleportation + no map whatsoever + quite open-ended areas in the early game is not a great design combo. Especially with learn by doing, it means I'm going to warp here, see a Dick Waving 3 check, then warp all over the other areas of the ship (supposedly, since I have no sense of the world as a ship with relationship between the areas at a visual level) until I find enough Dick Waving 2 checks.

Compare this to Dungeon Rats, where you had to fight tooth and nail with a finite set of resources to make it past that first zone and it was a real sense of accomplishment as well as a sense that you are moving through a world, and less of an Uber Eats driver.

Lemming42

Arcane
Yeah, the lack of a map is a big mistep. I dunno where the fuck I am.

I'm a big supporter of teleportation though, AoD was a masterclass in cutting out busywork and making sure the player gets right to the actual content, and it never really teleports you over ground you haven't already covered manually anyway.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That amazon warehouse feeling though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom