Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elhoim
The new(?) stipulation that companions have at least 250$ worth of equipment to be dismissed feels weird. If you allow Evans into your party at the start, you can't dismiss him because even if you give him a lot of extra stuff he still won't get to 250$ total value.

Not sure what a clean fix would be, maybe base the requirement on the value of their starting gear?

Pretty sure that's what that number is. Let me open his character and sum it up:

Howler: $80
Rounder: $20
Protective Vest: $30
Regen Stim: $100
Worker Boots: $20

And I'm not even taking into account he also gives a Bolter Rifle, a Camp Knife, 5 meds and probably a bit of ammo. BTW, it's automatically calculated after the event, so if you used the regen stim during that fight it won't be taken into account, for example.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Elhoim
The new(?) stipulation that companions have at least 250$ worth of equipment to be dismissed feels weird. If you allow Evans into your party at the start, you can't dismiss him because even if you give him a lot of extra stuff he still won't get to 250$ total value.

Not sure what a clean fix would be, maybe base the requirement on the value of their starting gear?

Pretty sure that's what that number is. Let me open his character and sum it up:

Howler: $80
Rounder: $20
Protective Vest: $30
Regen Stim: $100
Worker Boots: $20

And I'm not even taking into account he also gives a Bolter Rifle, a Camp Knife, 5 meds and probably a bit of ammo. BTW, it's automatically calculated after the event, so if you used the regen stim during that fight it won't be taken into account, for example.
Oh, I forgot about the regen stim, and didn't realize it was so valuable. Thanks.

Aarwolf

Learned
I was defiant for so long, I didn't want to play it until it is completely done... And no, after two years I gave up and played the demo.

Ffs, how good it is! I didn't have a ride like this for years, it's like Shadowrun, but done right. Love how the game lets me play quests in different ways, how I can speak myself out of the fights if I want to, hell, even sneaking here is fun!
...and when you kill Morgan with the hands of Faythe, priceless!
It took me ~10 hours to complete everything (every nook and cranny) and I'm craving for more. And those bastards even made saved compatible between the demo and early access, so I'm done for and there's no hope left for me.

Damn you, devs, you made me love your game, again!

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
was defiant for so long, I didn't want to play it until it is completely done... And no, after two years I gave up and played the demo.
Similar here. I played a little when EA first came out, but not much. I couldn't stop myself from playing the demo. What a fantastic game.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113120/IXION/

I recommend this game to everyone waiting for Colony Ship. Ixion is literally a colony ship sim where we build ships whole interior from scratch, build and upgrade a warp drive and "explore" the space. Superb game on all fronts.
It'll make easier waiting for this gem.
Looks interesting? Does it have a proper single player campaign?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113120/IXION/

I recommend this game to everyone waiting for Colony Ship. Ixion is literally a colony ship sim where we build ships whole interior from scratch, build and upgrade a warp drive and "explore" the space. Superb game on all fronts.
It'll make easier waiting for this gem.
Looks interesting? Does it have a proper single player campaign?
I think it only has single player campaign. No endless or skirmish type of game modes.

Edit: I think it play like Frostpunk but I've never played it, so can't comment on that.

Diggfinger

Arcane
I was defiant for so long, I didn't want to play it until it is completely done... And no, after two years I gave up and played the demo.

Ffs, how good it is! I didn't have a ride like this for years, it's like Shadowrun, but done right. Love how the game lets me play quests in different ways, how I can speak myself out of the fights if I want to, hell, even sneaking here is fun!
...and when you kill Morgan with the hands of Faythe, priceless!
It took me ~10 hours to complete everything (every nook and cranny) and I'm craving for more. And those bastards even made saved compatible between the demo and early access, so I'm done for and there's no hope left for me.

Damn you, devs, you made me love your game, again!

You glorious bastard.

Just made me install it again
:hahyou:

Sòren

Arcane
Land of the Blind now automatically fails if u leave the Habitat without stealing the eye even posterior? oh come on. that's just stupid. almost all of my playthroughs were built around the fact that u give a new teammember the necessary tags to acquire the eye and bridge chip.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Started itching for another playthrough...
previous build (somewhere in return to pit, but not at current end of content):
D73CECED2E06C168CB35C778EF20091982693359

This build used old balance. As you might assume, mc had 0 combat skills and was just a tank/liability/medic in combat, but I succeeded pretty much every combat/science/stealth/speech encounter/check that I wanted (Imagine picking skill use based on desired outcome instead of whatever you have. Interesting experience!). I suspect this is no longer possible since skill monkey doesn't give bonus to speech checks any more, but I'm not sure.

I also completely failed to replace any of my starting companions with the later game ones.

Idea for current build is 40k techpriest (he has the black blood implant):
BBFFE0ED3CB5889193BD0B16BDC060AB6E1E2711

Idea would be to get every implant and every overclock (except maybe squad implant lul). Afaik there's no limit to the amount of implant upgrades either. Thinking I might drop some dex for extra int. Not sure if the double skill gain on biotech is enough that I won't have to tag it to reach 10, but I'm hoping (does anyone know?). Considering dropping 2 dex for extra int, since techpriest with no tagged science skill feels bad. At the same time, I already fear combat might be really hard early on. Lategame the idea is to use full auto rifles to maximum effect since I can trivially get 8 strength for the recoil control feat. Also planning to go pretty heavily into armor for survivability.

It's a shame the spine implant to let you use superheavy weaponry got removed, would have fit great into this build.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim why does hp regen not function outside of combat? Not that medkits are especially scarce with double biotech skill gain, but even so.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Mostly done with chapter 1 on my cyborg. Still need to clear out some of the psychic enemies (hnnng). The build struggled A LOT to get going, but at this point it feels like playing the terminator (10-13 dr in every slot and every type). Enemies frequently fail to do anything against all my armor, and combined with regen I just will not die. At the same time, solo means all the fights take a while, especially with such a defensive PC: the enemies almost always run out of bullets before they run out of hp.
Char screen:
DCBAE785952E7F5A0F8B8EABD135A1C0A6ACCF51

Not sure what I should take as next feat. Some of the ones I want to take just aren't available until I get overclock going. Considering the +13 evasion feat just to make the defense truly crazy, but also the crit feat so I can try to get some good damage going.

Had to sneak past some encounters to get the bionic train rolling, feels a bit bad to waste those SP. Also did some partial sneaking to make mercy fight easier.

Is there any way to deal with panic or mitigate it? the penalties are kinda crazy.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Is there any way to deal with panic or mitigate it? the penalties are kinda crazy.
IIRC, one of the stims should help. The purple one.
Yeah, I didn't notice because the log doesn't mention it, but the penalties from panic are impacted by neural resist. I managed to do the triple mindworm fight by using the fact that there's a corner where one of the worms can't shoot.

So it turns out the hardest fight in chapter one for this build is the creeper. I just can't get enough damage to outdo its healing (14 hp per turn is a lot!), and it's immune to poison/thermal/optic/neural. Might have to skip it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I think the tough bastard feat doesn't really work
1690895702608.png

Or at least it's not showing up in the logs as I'd expect.
Was probably a bad pick regardless, but with crit mitigation not working it was a terribad feat for this build.
I did all of chapter 2, except for the robot fight. Feel like I don't stand a chance at all for that one, the turrets are really strong and pulse grenades barely do anything (and I only have 2). Might have to leave that fight for later and hope a solution appears from the heavens.
Current stuffs:
F1A94059001C04E288352426AFB24BB00C2CDB10
F4D3B439917D1E9D95FE3E41BB6B89429513657F
As expected I didn't have enough speech to pass a lot of stuff in the habitat, nor did I have enough sneak to get the eye. Also didn't manage/didn't feel like trying hard for the second smiles fight in factory, so took the frontal assault option instead.

Trash Player

Scholar
It means the crit multiplier bonus is halved. If it is 45%(22.5%*2) before mitigation, it is working. Don't tell me you believe the feat can make crit hurt less than a normal hit.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I need to stop coming to this thread; This is what recovering drug addicts must feel like, the brain going "Hey man, you can just make a character, it will be fine...you know, just one...maybe play a little of the first act...just a little, right? like, one or two level-ups never hurt anyone.....right?"
NO GODDAMNIT NO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom