Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex was buck broken by gay bear. Ass all open, head empty.

Mauman

Learned
I find myself feeling an existential crisis when I end up agreeing with Lord Potato.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Codex completely and utterly mind broken BG3 is now the new gold standard for CRPG's and is the absolute, uncontested king.

Love to read to the butthurt comments and denial here, this is what I hear when I read posts from Shaki and other broken codexers:

I don't think we're the ones butthurt, you're the one screeching and coping since you lost Codex GOTY.
Sure thing bro, codex GOTY is so important even the winners of this year's award don't even acknowledge it LOL.

Only GOTY that matters (and BG3 also won most GOTY's in total):

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Codex completely and utterly mind broken BG3 is now the new gold standard for CRPG's and is the absolute, uncontested king.

Love to read to the butthurt comments and denial here, this is what I hear when I read posts from Shaki and other broken codexers:

I don't think we're the ones butthurt, you're the one screeching and coping since you lost Codex GOTY.
Sure thing bro, codex GOTY is so important even the winners of this year's award don't even acknowledge it LOL.

And here I thought I was truly satiated after yesterday but the Vintage is just so delectable.

Shaki

Arbiter

And yet you're here, writing 1000 angry posts about it, rather than being on reddit writing posts celebrating your game journo GOTY.

It's like daddy issues, no matter how much success you have, you'll always be insecure and feel like a failure, until daddy Codex tells you he's proud.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

And here I thought I was truly satiated after yesterday but the Vintage is just so delectable.

Indeed, watching codexers cry and cope with a joke award like codex GOTY is the epitome of this magical journey that was BG3 dominating everything. Do continue entertaining me codex

Hellraiser

Arcane
(Also, BG3 didn't bring back turn based gaming you retard, nuXCOM did a fucking decade ago)
Was this even half as popular with the mainstream as BG3? Somehow doubt it.

https://steamspy.com/app/200510

https://steamspy.com/app/1086940

Basically if you go with those, and I can't find a better source for xcom (weird, 2K didn't brag about it apparently) it's something like a 10x difference. The point VerSacrum and Lord of Riva were making though is that nuXCOM shat on the peddled by journos and big publishers notion from those days that turn-based doesn't sell (it sold millions*, also did well on the xbawks 360 and ps3), it got a ton of consoletards/normies into the genre to the point where new "tactical" games are aping and brainlessly cargo culting its features wholesale for over a decade, and people bitch about it almost all the time when a new tactical turn-based game is announced (the 2-action system in particular, but also to lesser degrees the square-tile map system, half-shield full-shield cover etc.).

*It's also important to note that most likely it was made was only because of internet outrage about this new "xcom" game being announced, after years of no xcom games and IP squatting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bureau:_XCOM_Declassified

It was originally named xcom and the backlash even forced them to rename it to "The Bureau: XCOM blah blah ".

wiki said:
Revealed as XCOM in April 2010, the game was meant to be a reboot of the series; the idea was met with mixed reactions from critics.

I take great pleasure in seeing how it got utterly forgotten by almost everyone, further shitting on the dumb beliefs of big publisher suits who thought turning everything into popamole would make more money.

Last edited:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
You could try arguing that it's merely a parody of chud beliefs but uh, idk how successful that argument would be
It's was 100% Boyarsky & Friends trying to do a Mel Brooks bit.
Arcanum makes reference to racial and ethnic chauvinism because those were deeply relevant to the context of the Industrial Revolution, it's not an endorsement.

Sweeper

Arcane
You could try arguing that it's merely a parody of chud beliefs but uh, idk how successful that argument would be
It's was 100% Boyarsky & Friends trying to do a Mel Brooks bit.
Arcanum makes reference to racial and ethnic chauvinism because those were deeply relevant to the context of the Industrial Revolution, it's not an endorsement.
If it were just the one quest sure, but when you look at the game as a whole with all the various references and problematic content I get the sense that someone was very based and redpilled on the Arcanum team.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Does JA3 even count as a RPG? The official thread is located in the Tactical Gaming subforum. That warrants disqualification, which means that Elden Ring is still technically the reigning GOTY. Two-time champion, that is most impressive.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Does JA3 even count as a RPG? The official thread is located in the Tactical Gaming subforum. That warrants disqualification, which means that Elden Ring is still technically the reigning GOTY. Two-time champion, that is most impressive.

You might be right, I don't remember, could you quickly summarize what an RPG is? Thanks.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For someone championing Robocop: Rogue City, the thread of which is located in General Gaming subforum, you sure use strange arguments.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

You might be right, I don't remember could you quickly summarize what an RPG is? Thanks.
A game whose thread is located in the GRPG or JRPG forums. I didn't make these rules.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
If it were just the one quest sure, but when you look at the game as a whole with all the various references and problematic content I get the sense that someone was very based and redpilled on the Arcanum team.
Very convenient for your argument that the game is supposedly more influenced by the efforts of a writer we know nothing about (And therefor can project any intentions onto) rather than the outspokenly left-lib project leads.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
For someone championing Robocop: Rogue City, the thread of which is located in General Gaming subforum, you sure use strange arguments.
I fought for it to be moved but I'm just a cat. Only people can make real change.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Of cours it's not an RPG. But who cares, the codex joke award was fun and the seething over BG3 will never stop on this special needs forum.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Of cours it's not an RPG. But who cares, the codex joke award was fun and the seething over BG3 will never stop on this special needs forum.
I think BG3 would have won if it didn't consist primarily of gay sex and humans having sex with animals. A lot of people like normal sex. I think that's why BG3 lost but I could be wrong.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I think BG3 would have won if it didn't consist primarily of gay sex and humans having sex with animals.
Well, if you've actually played the game you would know you're quite wrong

Sweeper

Arcane
Very convenient for your argument that the game is supposedly more influenced by the efforts of a writer we know nothing about (And therefor can project any intentions onto) rather than the outspokenly left-lib project leads.
Ain't it though?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I think BG3 would have won if it didn't consist primarily of gay sex and humans having sex with animals. A lot of people like normal sex. I think that's why BG3 lost but I could be wrong.
Stop believing the memes and actually play it, if you had gay sex you chose it.

Summary:

afbeelding.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I think BG3 would have won if it didn't consist primarily of gay sex and humans having sex with animals.
Well, if you've actually played the game you would know you're quite wrong
Well, a lot of people seem to agree since it was the first loser.
A lot? A tiny number of codexers you mean, most of whom who haven't even played the game themselves and just parroted others

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom