Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Pathfinder Adventures (Logs from Session 1 posted!)

lightbane

Arcane
I would prefer it to be 21st.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
When we talked on facebook you told me BC wrote an email to you. I figured you'd know how to contact her back.

Given that I don't use facebook, I think you have me confused with someone else :P

Quilty

Magister
If Lightbane can only make it on the 21st, then that'll work for me too.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Given that I don't use facebook, I think you have me confused with someone else :p

o_O

So I got megatrolled. :decline:

How about making a throw-away email address or something like that in case Codex assplodes again and we won't have any means of contact with each other?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Let's go with the 21st then.

As for contact when codex assplodes, there's always the Codex Diversity Squad steam chatgroup. If someone has an aversion to steam and an irrational fear of the codex assploding, I can set up a throwaway mail like you suggested. But I barely even bother to check my actual mail so that may be an unreliable means of contacting me.

lightbane

Arcane
Assuming that tomorrow we do the session as planned, I'm afraid that I may not be able to join, or if I do, I'll have to leave sooner than expected, this Saturday I won't be able to play 6 hours with you, sorry.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The plan called for tomorrow, yeah. We'll figure something out depending on how badly fucked the group is by the time you are about to leave.

Quilty

Magister
There's a good chance I'll be half and hour or an hour late. Throw me in jail in the meantime or just come up with a suitable penalty for being a douchebag who has classes on a Saturday afternoon.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Obvious solution is obvious: Someone shiv lightbane's character in the back halfway through the session so he can leave without a guilty conscience.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
edgar.jpg
"It's all the half-elf's fault!"

Hello and welcome back! Thanks for tuning into this weeks' episode of Pathfinder: The Kodexian years.

Last time we left our heroes, they were in all sorts of trouble! First and foremost of course the self inflicted problem with the Sheriff of this friendly little town, who goes by the name of Benjan. After deliberately attracting his (unwanted) attention, the group was on the brink of falling apart and even started a verbal fight amongst themselves.

Can our heroes escape certain doom? Or will they rot in a damp, cold cell for the remainder of their miserable lives? Will they uncover the sinister forces that are at play here? Will the Half-Elf with an attitude finally confide in his companions about his childhood abuse? Won't Edgars' monocle shatter for once?
Find out all about this and even more only in this weeks' episode!

We start where we last left off - it's the second day of our heroes' epic quest and a truly beautiful morning, if not for that tiny incident at the defiled monument... For which the Sheriff took our brave heroes to the local Jail for a friendly chat and now the heroes are trying to receive what is basically a prison-free-card! Will the Sheriff that easily be bargained with?

Starring

alais.jpg
Mrowak as impatient yet wise human Wizardess Alais

edgar.jpg
Lightbane as *secretly* enamored human Alchemist Edgar

grotak.jpg
Angelo85 as levelheaded dwarven Fighter Grotak

ulzir.jpg
Quilty as impetuous half-elven Ranger Ulzir

dm2.jpg
Ulminati as evil Dungeon Master

Introducing

vanessa.jpg
Black Cat as apparent (or is she? ;-)) girly human Sorceress Vanessa

Guest Roles

benjan.jpg
Chuck Norris as Benjan, the town Sheriff

grimburrow.jpg
Andy Griffith as father Grimburrow, master Cleric of the local Temple - dedicated to Pharasma, the Lady of Graves

THE PRISON

dm2.jpg
We rejoin our intrepid adventurers in a small room in the Ravengro prison. The sheriff is there. As are 4 guardsmen. They all carry weapons, although none of them have drawn steel yet. It's all very civil.

alais.jpg
Sir, what we are charged for?

While Edgar starts to clean his monocle nervously, the Sheriff cuts right to the chase:

benjan.jpg
Right. The way I see it, we already have grounds to charge you with insulting an officer of the law, inciting riots through scaremongering and being suspicious outsiders.
The last is debatable, but probably the one I'll eventually get told to charge you with.

edgar.jpg
Do we have a right to have a lawyer?

benjan.jpg
Well. That's the thing, isn't it? You'd certainly have the right to a barrister if you were formally charged. But you aren't yet.
Assuming one could be found that would be willing to defend you, of course. What I am trying to decide is if your scaremongering at the statue was malicious or

vanessa.jpg
Monumentally stupid!

alais.jpg
We can see that. I think sir that the whole deal with apprehending us here was to stop the mess out there into developing into something awful

benjan.jpg
Now, here is the events as I see them so far: I get woken out of a very pleasant slumber because the entire town is in an uproar because our memorial was vandalized. Shortly after I arrive to survey the scene, the foreign friends of that deceased necromancer show up. Insult me and my men, try to make the locals even more agitated!
Then they make a beeline to the bush where the tool - a rat in this case - used in the vandalism was stashed away. Now what am I to make of that?

edgar.jpg
I guess perhaps we should explain ourselves

alais.jpg
The way it turned out in the and was unfortunate sir, but please take note that all of us here tried to pacify the situation near the statue from developing further.

benjan.jpg
By musing aloud that vampires could've done it? That's an interesting method of pacifying an agitated crowd!

alais.jpg
What transpired there had some grounds though, as to why our companion decided to act so frantically, we have no clue whatsoever

edgar.jpg
It was a supposition, rather stupid in retrospect

vanessa.jpg
May I say something, sir?

benjan.jpg
Of course.

vanessa.jpg
The question as I see it, sir, is not whether or not we wanted to cause trouble, but what would we win of it. Our companion did something dumb, yes, but shouldn't we be worrying about the one who caused such uproar either as a way to warn us of something or, even worse, to bring all of our attentions to that place while something happened elsewhere?

benjan.jpg
Ah, but isn't that just the thing madam? At the moment I am fairly convinced I have found the perpetrators of the vandalism. I am merely curious to discover their motives

vanessa.jpg
Indeed. But what if we aren't the perpetrators? And thus, what if the perpetrators wanted to take the attention from somewhere else with their actions? We are here. You are here. The people are distracted. Who is stopping them?

grotak.jpg
Sheriff, if you would take the time to talk with the patrons of the outward inn or miss Kendra you will quickly find that we were among the locals the whole night.

The Sheriff glances at one of his guards:

benjan.jpg
Grudd. you're on drunkard patrol. See if anyone verifies their alibi.

With a quick salute the guard Grudd leaves the room.

alais.jpg
As you know sir, we've been called to this town to fulfill the deceased professor's last wish.

benjan.jpg
I wasn't aware you were here to fulfill the last wishes of the necromancer. But I will take it into account.

alais.jpg
The rest of us spent whole night and Miss Lorimour's residence. In accordance with his will we are to guard her from any harm until she is ready to move out from the town. You must agree that the fame that surrounds professor didn't make her many friends here.

benjan.jpg
I try to be open-minded. Just because her father meddled in things he oughtn't have does not mean his daughter is tainted as well.

alais.jpg
We know that sir, but I fear other people may not be as open-minded as you are.

With a little smirk Benjan answers:

benjan.jpg
They'll form a lynch mob in a minute if I let them. The way I see it it's safer for everyone involved if I lock you up on a few days on charges of insulting an officer and inciting riots. If the vandals strike again during that ime, you're effectively absolved.
If they do not, well, I've incidentally stopped further vandalism from occuring, have I not?

vanessa.jpg
And the question remains, what if this is not vandalism?

benjan.jpg
Vanessa, was it? Please enlighten me if you think there is a more sinister purpose to smearing blood over the town monument and writing a "V" on it.

vanessa.jpg
I haven't said there is a more sinister motive. However, let's turn around the situation. What can be won from doing such a thing? Only to send a message or to create a distraction. If the message, we are not understanding it. If the distraction, well, they did.

While the Sheriff ponders about this statement, the other companions speak up, raising their own concerns:

edgar.jpg
But what if something bad happened to Miss Lorimour in our absence? And If we were the perpetrators, going back to the scene of the crime would be suicidal

alais.jpg
We are aware of that seeing what you did to prevent things getting out of control near that statue. What we fear sir, is that we are being framed. Being locked up here we cannot perform our duties as guardians.

grotak.jpg
Like my companion said we are glad that you are willing to believe our story and as arm of the law we humbly accept your judgement. But please remember not every citizen might be so wise. If we were to spent time in jail would you be willing to at least see to Ms. Kendras safety?

So many questions, so many concerns. But the Sheriff keeps a calm head and after a while he finally answers:

benjan.jpg
Kendra has lived for years in Ravengro without nannies. I'm sure she'll manage a few days on her own. And I do see to everyone's safety in this town, dwarf. Miss Lorrimors no more or less than anyone else.

alais.jpg
There's a thing we learned here, which leads us to believe she might, in fact, be in danger! This is based on a guess-work, and we don't have any solid proof for it. But we believe professor's demise was not accidental.

vanessa.jpg
As I was saying, there's nothing but two potential objectives to this action from the culprits point: To send a message or to create a distraction. Why to make it so public and visible otherwise? Meanwhile, there are five perfect strangers in town. Try to look it from our point of view now, sir. Who would be the first ones to be suspected?

benjan.jpg
Counterpoint: Five suspicious trangers - friends of the necromancer no less - arrive in town. The very next day, the statue is vandalized. Why shouldn't I suspect the new arrivals?

vanessa.jpg
Because we are offering to help cleanse our names?

grotak.jpg
As soon as your guard returns I'm sure our alibies will be verified.

edgar.jpg
Then it's easy to check if someone of us was near the statue when the incident happened. Me and Alais were at the library located in the Lorrimor estate.

And just as Edgar finished his sentence, the door swings open. Grudd, the guard sent by the Sheriff to check out Grotak's story has returned.
The guard reports that he spoke to the innkeepers. While Grotak's alibi is confirmed, no one seems to remember Vanessa.

benjan.jpg
I see. At least I'm reduced to four suspects then.

grotak.jpg
By my honor I swear that the girl was with me at all times last night.

vanessa.jpg
And if you agree to let us help investigate this, and clean our names, you do not lose anything. We will not manage to be away from your watch, serving under you.

With a weary sigh Benjan counters:

benjan.jpg
Let me be completely blunt here madam. Even if I did, the villagers would still suspect you. The timing is simply too convenient. Your alibis - with the exception of the dwarf - all rely on the words of a stranger or a person that is already suspect. I am offering you a compromise. A few days in a relatively comfortable cell while I make inquiries about town.
Any proof you turn up will be suspect on account of you being suspicious strangers. While any proof I turn up will come from a trusted town official. And any other incidents occuring while you are cooling your heels will serve as further proof of your hypothetical innocence.

With a giggle Vanessa answers:

vanessa.jpg
It's fine with me. But that was the last chance to get all of our services for free.

grotak.jpg
Once again, honored Sheriff: Since I can't speak of any alibi for my other three companions I can only speak on behalf of the young girl's innocence, but I can give you my word that at least the girl was with me all through the night.
I hope my word will be enough that you at least see from restraining this poor, young soul to a cold cell.

alais.jpg
Check out with Miss Lorrimor, she'll confirm alibi for the rest of us! Considering that half of us were actively trying to prevent what happened out there the charges you brought against us are unreasonable!

But all the pleas only fall on deaf ears since it's as much about letting the folks outside cool down as it is about the Sheriff's own suspicions.

benjan.jpg
I am not an unreasonable man. We have 3 cells currently unoccupied. I'll let you decide which ones you'd prefer as your lodgings. Would you prefer to take your chances with the mob?
If it'll make you go quietly I'll even station a guard outside the Lorrimor estate for the duration of your stay at our illustrious accomodations.

After a short conversation amongst themselves, the heroes decide that it's best if everyone was taken into "protective custody". Even though Grotak could go free, he decides to play along as well in order not to spoil the plan of convincing the locals that it wasn't the strangers that wreaked havoc on the monument.

benjan.jpg
Fair enough. If you would be so kind as to deposit your weapons and other loose items with my men.

He glances over to his guards:

benjan.jpg
As a token of good faith make sure they aren't given the "special" sheets for the cots, hmm?

edgar.jpg
Oh dear. Could I at least have my books and parchments with me? Just to know.

benjan.jpg
I'm not a learned man, but I know enough not to let suspicious spellcasters bring a book along into their cell!

While Alais, Edgar, Grotak and Ulzir all - more or less willingly - hand over there belongings to the nearest guard, Vanessa suddenly suffers from a nervous breakdown of sorts, probably because she just now realized that she might actually have to spent a night or two in a cell. She falls to her knees sobbing uncontrollably and cries

vanessa.jpg
I... I... Can't stay in a place like this!

benjan.jpg
Given the fragrant company you keep madam, I suspect your tolearnces may be higher than you give yourself credit for!

Still crying Vanessa answers:

vanessa.jpg
I don't do it because I want to! I was asked by my deceased friend! In his last will!

It turns out that Sheriff Benjan is a human being after all and caves in - for who could resist an unsuspecting crying little girl? - he orders that Vanessa may be put into solitary confinement along with several buckets of water and a bar of soap.
He will surely enjoy watching her while she washes herself through a crack in one of the walls.

3 days pass without incident, though on the fourth day our brave adventurers are finally being let out of jail. As luck would have it, the vandals struck again, effectively clearing them of any suspicion!

benjan.jpg
I hope the accomodations have been satisfactory. I trust I won't be seeing you again, and that you will feel no burning desire to stir the crowd into a frenzy.

vanessa.jpg
As far as I care this place can burn. I'm not moving a finger to help them.

Edgar quickly puts up his best smile and adds:

edgar.jpg
We won't, I hope... What happened, then?

benjan.jpg
Same as last time. Someone vandalized the memorial. I had my men scour the area. they found the discarded body of a dead cat this time

grotak.jpg
Was there also a "V" painted, or some other markings?

benjan.jpg
Actually, this time it was an "E"

grotak.jpg
Interesting, any idea what these letters might mean?

Before the Sheriff is able to answer Grotaks question Alais - impatient as always - interrupts the conversation:

alais.jpg
Do you mind if we sniff around the memorial?

Under a big sigh the Sheriff answers her and forgets all about Grotaks question (smitten by Alais' beauty or fed up with the dwarfs beard?):

benjan.jpg
If I said "yes", would it stop you? Try not to cause a scene at least.

edgar.jpg
We'll try to not cause a scene this time, I think not all of us would like to go back to prison.

alais.jpg
Any idea as to who the culprit is? Or what he wants to achieve?

Giving a gruff shrug Benjan mumbles:

benjan.jpg
Investigation is ongoing.

edgar.jpg
How's miss Lorrimor?

benjan.jpg
She's fine, by all accounts. She was somewhat upset that you had changed lodgings, but I had a bit of a chat with her.

vanessa.jpg
I'm sure your charm won her over.

benjan.jpg
We came to an understanding.

alais.jpg
Anyways, it's time to part our ways. I hope if we meet by fate, it'll be in different circumstances.

OUT OF THE SLAMMER aka WHAT TO DO NOW

And thus our brave heroes put the jailhouse behind them. Now the question arose where they should be headed next. Many hours were put into discussing this important matter until finally it was decided to quickly check in with Kendra first and make sure she was OK. After all that Sheriff could have lied.

dm2.jpg
Kendra seems fine and nonplussed. Apparently the sheriff explained everything to her. She was a bit apprehensive at first, but he eventually convinced her what he was doing was for the best and would clear your names.

Much time was lost discussing the best course of action earlier and the walk to the estate took a bit of time as well, not much daylight was left.

grotak.jpg
Seeing as this eventful day is coming to an end already we have time to either visit the temple or the memorial

And once again discussing among the group started. Many insults were exchanged until it was decided:

vanessa.jpg
First the temple, then the memorial. We can go to the memorial at night.

ulzir.jpg
Lead the way vanessa, I'll guard your back.

grotak.jpg
I just hope you won't be "guarding" my back.

ulzir.jpg
I'll be guarding my nose

The heroes hope to get permission to use the temples archives in order to find out more about the old prion that burned down.
While further insults were exchanged, at least it was on the move and the group slowly made it's way to the temple of Paharasma.

grimburrow.jpg
Welcome to the temple of Pharasma my children. I am father Grimburrow - I believe we already met at the funeral.

alais.jpg
Indeed father. If not for your timely intervention things could have gotten bad. We are sorry for what happened out there.

grotak.jpg
Even if it wasn't exactly our fault.

Matlock Father Grimburrow gives a mild shrug and says:

grimburrow.jpg
It was not your doing, let's leave it at that. Is there any paticular reason you show up at my doorstep so soon after being released from our jail?

alais.jpg
Father, we are sorry to bother at this late hour but we would like to obtain your permission to use Temple's archives.

Taken aback and with a critical look the father says:

grimburrow.jpg
Hmmm... the archives, you say? You realize of course that only the clergy is usually allowed access to the archives.

alais.jpg
We are aware of that, father. However this is a matter of utmost importance to the memory of the deceased professor.

grimburrow.jpg
Tch... And yet none of you number among the faithful of Pharasma either, I take it? So sad.

alais.jpg
Father, I've obtained education at temples of Pharasma in Bladewell. I am well versed in the Goddess teachings and am committed to bringing peace to the deceased.

grimburrow.jpg
I see. Do you perhaps have a letter of introduction or some other token to lend weight to this?

alais.jpg
No, I fear I have not. Although I am not a formal member of the clergy, I am aware of the conduct in the temple. All we ask though, is permission to the arcieves under your constant supervision.

grimburrow.jpg
Hrm... a fanciful tale, miss. What exactly is it you hope to find in the archives?

alais.jpg
The information concerning Harrowstone Memorial and occurences with the restless undead in the area.

grimburrow.jpg
I am truly sorry. But since some of the temple records are confidential, I cannot let just anyone search through them.

grotak.jpg
Father, the truth is, our dear Alais here was just trying to protect you. Have you ever heard of the way?
We have reason to believe evil forces are at play in this town. Surely you must have heard about the memorial affair? And it would appear professor was on to them. Please have a look at his journal, it will explain better than any of us. Edgar if you please?

Edgar rummages in his backpack until he finds the professor's journal and hands it over to father Grimburrow for a closer inspection.
He thumbs through the journal for a while until he finally begins to speak again:

grimburrow.jpg
Hrmmm, assuming this is not a fabrication the implications are troubling!

alais.jpg
Father this is not about matters of our fancy. What reasons would we have to fabricate such thing?

grimburrow.jpg
So what exactly do you expect to find in our archives that connects to the professors investigations?

grotak.jpg
The journal tells about the ruins of the old prison and that there might be interest in a prisoner who was held there. We would like to go through the records and see if we can find any clues about this person.

alais.jpg
We also want to learn to truth about what happened to the professor. As you can see we have reasons to doubt the "official" version of what happened is true one. We also want to learn why this area is of interest to the agenda of Whispering Way.

grimburrow.jpg
Hrm. This is highly irregular, but I will make an exception. One of you - one - can enter the archives for three days. you must be under supervision by an acolyte at all times, and if he says a paticular record is off-limits I don't want to hear any objections.

grotak.jpg
We thank you for this kind and generous offer, father.
So who among us would be the best suited for this important task?

alais.jpg
Me!

edgar.jpg
I don't think my presence would be wanted here, I'd rather see what I can find in the library of the estate.

grotak.jpg
So it is decided then. Hopefully you will be able to find something that shares new insights into all this mysteries surrounding the old prison, Alais.

A NIGHTLY ENCOUNTER OF THE THIRD KIND

Since it's already very late, Alais decides to start her research tomorrow and goes back with the rest of the Party to the estate. But before going there, the heroes want to inspect the statue that got them out of jail.

dm2.jpg
The statue has been scribbed clean by the time you arroved. It's been most of a day, after all.

grotak.jpg
Ulzir, can you make out anything out of the ordinary?

Ulzir takes a closer look at the scene and finds:

dm2.jpg
Lots of fresh footprints abound around the statue as people have been out to gawk at the vandalism. It's the poster child of a contaminated crime scene.

Everyone listens to Ulzirs explanations of his findings (or lack thereof) so closely that they don't notice something moving up to the group.

dm2.jpg
You all notice something is up eventually, but you were so focused on examining the statue for clues your first sign of trouble is shaves lurching out of the gloom.
Since you all failed your perception check, the zombies do get a surprise round!

grotak.jpg
We should investigate at the bo... what's that?!

ITZ Zombies OMG!

memorial_fight.jpg

edgar.jpg
A live zombie! interesting.

vanessa.jpg
He looks quite dead to me, Edgar.

edgar.jpg
Well, I never had a chance to see one so close. Shit, three zombies actually are against me, again!

Alais gets her act together first and casts Turn Undead!
The Zombie South of Edgar runs away in fear. As it turns out most Zombies aren't that afraid of red headed Wizardess after all and three of them keep coming at the brave heroes.

One of the two remaining Zombies next to Edgar gnashingly tears off a huge chunk of flesh on Edgars arm.

edgar.jpg
Oh shit! That asshole bite me!

The other of the two Zombies goes straight after Vanessa, stumbles towards and manages to grab a hold of her. Instinctively, he bites at the nearest body part he can find. Unluckily for her, it's her neck. She falls unconscious immediately as much from shock as from blood loss.

Edgar seems to have gathered himself from the vicious attack, in a flash he moves closer to Vanessa, hoping to stop her bleeding as soon as possible. But before that he plans on throwing a bomb at the pair of Zombies near him. Unfortunately he forgot that one of these foul creatures is actually only a few feet away and Edgar gets attacked once again. He can't thrust his weapon up fast enough to deflect both the Zombies arms and head.
The Zombies long nailed fingers find an artery and tear it open, Edgar's body succumbs to the two open wounds and he falls down... straight onto Vanessa's unconscious body.

Grotak tries to save the day and swings with his Dwarven Waraxe at the nearest Undead he sees, but the creature moves out of harms way just in time.

grotak.jpg
Argh, STAND STILL DAMN IT!

ulzir.jpg
Do not get angry my little friend, I'll teach you how to hold a weapon after this ends.

grotak.jpg
Less talking more slashing!

Alais tries to scare off the Zombies once again by casting Turn Undead, with the same results as last time. Another Zombie runs away in fear of that hair of hers! This time it's one of the Zombie's close to Grotak.

This leaves 2 Zombies left standing and 2 fleeing in sheer panic.

ulzir.jpg
Stop scaring them off, i want to hit them!

Meanwhile the Zombie that was just missed by Grotaks Axe tries to return the favor. Seizing the moment, the Zombie grabs for Grotak's arm while it is in swinging motion and manages to scratch him.

memorial_fight_2.jpg

The panicked Zombie makes a mistake by turning it's back towards Grotak, who instantly severs the head clean off the Zombie's still twitching body.

Grotak can't refrain from laughingly joking:

grotak.jpg
Hitting the backside of these foul creatures is somewhat easier.

Next to Grotak are still lying Vanessa and Edgar, both of them still bleeding and the grassy ground slowly but steadily gets covered more and more in red color.

The Zombie next to Ulzir goes down silently after tasting the cold steel of Ulzir's swift blade. Ulzir himself rushes over to Grotak and tries to kill the remaining Zombie. He goes in swinging wildly... and misses by a good arm's length.

grotak.jpg
Oh that's what you meant by teaching me how to hold a sword, eh?

ulzir.jpg
You got in my way, dwarf! Stop waving that beard around!

All this banter distracts Grotak as he almost lazily swings at the last remaining Zombie in front of him who almost gracefully steps aside from the swing.

Alais casts Turn Undead once again, sending the last of the Undead fleeing in terror.

Grotak swings at him first, this time more determined and hits it. But to his surprise it is still standing, hobbling away from him. Ulzir quickly rushes in to finish the job and with a mighty swing of his sword splits the Zombie's skull in two!

With the imminent danger taken care of, Alais immediately addresses Ulzir:

alais.jpg
Ulzir save them! You are the only one with medical expertise!

ulzir.jpg
Hmmm, whom do I save first? Vanessa is more useful.

He promptly stiches her up good enough so she can be moved.

grotak.jpg
Oh we finally found something you're good at, you should become our nurse!

ulzir.jpg
Vanessa, get up, dearest!

But alas, Vanessa is still unconscious. But at least she's not bleeding anymore. Edgar meanwhile stabilizes naturally.

alais.jpg
We need to get them to the temple!

grotak.jpg
There's still some of those creatures out there!

dm2.jpg
The two Zombies that fled earlier and got away hover at the edge of sight, being held by Alais' turning

alais.jpg
Let's GTFO of here, and fast. Lads, take Vanessa and Edgar!

grotak.jpg
We can't let them wander near the town!

edgar.jpg
Leave Vanessa at the temple... Forget about m-me... But destroy these zombies! We cannot- cannot let them near the townfolk.

ulzir.jpg
I'll carry Vanessa.

grotak.jpg
Put them down... again I say.

alais.jpg
Shut up! We are all too wounded, we need to get them to safety!

grotak.jpg
What if they wander into the city?

vanessa.jpg
And it isn't like the locals were nice to us. They eat brains and we get paid to kill them.

ulzir.jpg
Forget about the zombies, let's head for the temple!

grotak.jpg
We are trying to save this town, are we not?

vanessa.jpg
Nope.

ulzir.jpg
I'm here for the xp, sorry. God knows where they are. I'm carrying vanessa. Bye.

alais.jpg
Dwarf take edgar and move one.

grotak.jpg
When a poor citizen turns up dead I hope you remember this moment

vanessa.jpg
I'll do. I'll even smile. And cackle.

Alais just shrugs and moves on. Seeing that there is sense in wasting any more time, Grotak shoulders Edgar and follows, leaving the 2 remaining Zombies behind.

On their way Alais mumbles to herself:

alais.jpg
I would love to take zombie pieces as a proof. But that would be problematic

Grimburrow opens the temple doors wearing a suitably comical night hat & fuzzy slippers, but before he gets to say anything Alais and Grotak blurt out at the same time:

alais.jpg
We are sorry to impose on you father but we have wounded here.

grotak.jpg
Father, please help us. We have just been attacked and two of our companions are badly hurt!

Still sleepy and his mind not fully awake yet Grimburrow answers them:
grimburrow.jpg
I dare say so. Have you any idea of the ho--- gracius gods, what ahppened to you!?

Father Grimburrow without delay channels healing energy which seals all of the adventurers wounds.

grotak.jpg
Thank you father.

alais.jpg
Father, I have grave news, it seems our predictions were right! There are undead in the area. It's them who messed us up.

grimburrow.jpg
I think I need the short and precise explanation. Right here and right now. What kind of undead and where?

alais.jpg
Near the Harrowstone Memorial.

grotak.jpg
They were not alive, but yet moving is all I can say.

alais.jpg
I think they were zombies

dm2.jpg
Father Grimburrow claps twice and a pair of accolytes show up shortly after, rubbing sleep from their eyes

grimburrow.jpg
I see. Very troubling. Go to your homes and lock the door. The temple will handle this matter.

alais.jpg
Thanks to the rites I learned at the temple of Pharasma we managed to drive them off.

grimburrow.jpg
So I see. A lucky coincidence then.

Meanwhile Ulzir hugs Vanessa after she awakes in his arms. And Grimburrow takes a couple of vials filled with holy water from one of the acolytes.

Vanessa bows her head to Ulzir:

vanessa.jpg
I thank you for your assistance. It seems I owe you an apology.

ulzir.jpg
I'll take that apology later, when we're alone

grimburrow.jpg
Now, please excuse me. If what you say is true, I should proceed to the area posthaste.

grotak.jpg
Be warned though, we couldn't slay them all. Some escaped into the sourrounding area.

dm2.jpg
The head cleric and acolytes march off at a brisk pace, leaving the temple abandoned

alais.jpg
I won't allow that what you are thinking. There's no point in ransacking the place.

grotak.jpg
You will be guarded the whole time you research here Alais. I was not thinking of ransacking per se, just have a quick look around.

ulzir.jpg
I was thinking of ransacking!

alais.jpg
Yeah, and when priceless volumes of knowledge will disappear they won't connect two dots to two.

grotak.jpg
There could be writings the temple don't want us to see.

alais.jpg
If the undead are still there and our story matches. We might have just gained an ally.

dm2.jpg
Several bright flashes of light can be seen from the direction of the town memorial

ulzir.jpg
What are those lights? Someone must be seeking the light.

grotak.jpg
The father is smiting the evil out of that place I figure.

alais.jpg
Probably clerics doing their excorcissing.

vanessa.jpg
Let's hope it isn't necromancers smitting our clerics.

grotak.jpg
Since you obviously don't want to take a closer look around the Temple we might as well leave for the manor.

alais.jpg
Let's guard the temple for now until the father and his acolytes come back.

grotak.jpg
You really are serious about this Pharasma stuff, eh? Well then, let's go back to the estate. Alais if you want to follow us is up to you.

alais.jpg
I stay here.

vanessa.jpg
We should rest for the night.

ulzir.jpg
Oh right we can't just sleep here.

Ulzir - for whatever motives - in the end decides to stay with Alais while Edgar, Grotak and Vanessa move back to the Estate.

dm2.jpg
After about an hour and a half, the acolytes return to the temple sans father Grimburrow. When asked, they confirm that a couple of zombies were wandering aimlessly and that Grimburrow took care of them in short order. Now he went to wake up the town council to inform them of the event.

alais.jpg
Very well then. Father, we can be witnesses if you need us.

dm2.jpg
The acolytes thank you for your valuable contribution for the towns safety. Most of all, they look eager to get back to bed.

alais.jpg
Fair enough.

And thus the two brave heroes that stayed behind to guard the temple returned to the estate as well to get their well earned rest.

THE MORNING AFTER

dm2.jpg
It's now the 6th day! You have 24 days remaining. It's late in the morning. Everyone's refreshed, except for Edgar, who complains about a migraine and refuses to leave bed.

Lightbane, the brother playing Edgar had to drop out but will rejoin the band of heroes later on this day. For once I will show you a glimpse of what the process in the decision making of what to do and where to go is all about:

ulzir.jpg
Ah! a fine day for blood and slaughter! Hey vanessa, how do i look now that i'm a killer?

vanessa.jpg
No longer like someone who will get us all killed the moment we blinked.

grotak.jpg
If it was dead already and you put it down, you didn't exactly kill anyone yet. Besides what shall we do today? We still have to investigate the fake crypt.

ulzir.jpg
You shut your faces, NON killers. So now we have to investigate the fake crypt.

grotak.jpg
What did I just say? You are acting up once again Elf.

ulzir.jpg
Hope there'll be some fake people to slay

vanessa.jpg
Alright. Fake crypt it is.

grotak.jpg
And what about you Alais? Were you planning on researching in that temple today?

alais.jpg
I am off to Temple's library. To research a bit more about the Whispering way.

ulzir.jpg
A bunch of guys called whispering way shouldn't be too hard to handle.

alais.jpg
How about asking for the damn permission to enter the crypt?

grotak.jpg
We want to remove something from that crypt, remember?

alais.jpg
It's technically Temple's domain.

vanessa.jpg
Yes. However, Alais, remember the point of the archives was to research those who died on the fire that destroyed the prison. You only have three chances at it.

grotak.jpg
Asking permission might not be the best way to handle this situation.

ulzir.jpg
Screw permissions

vanessa.jpg
We don't want permission. They don't know what's in there.

alais.jpg
The "tools".

vanessa.jpg
We don't want them to know, otherwise they might not want us to claim it.

ulzir.jpg
Exactly! TREASURE!

grotak.jpg
And we don't want them knowing.

alais.jpg
Or clues about them, they might not know. Or they might. Besides: do you know where it is?

grotak.jpg
The journal gives quite the precise description: in the restlands, intersection between eversleep and the black path North eastern corner.

vanessa.jpg
We should all go there. Once we are done you can go research the archives while we, uhm, fool around town. Or something.

ulzir.jpg
Heh I'd like to see you fool around!

alais.jpg
I have a bad feeling about this...

vanessa.jpg
Having a bad feeling is an indication we should all stick together.

alais.jpg
Fine, have it your way. But let's be a little more subtle about it.

ulzir.jpg
I bet there are chests bursting with gold! Crowns and scepters and necklaces!

vanessa.jpg
And ancient jewelry.

ulzir.jpg
You can keep that, I'll take the enchanted swords and flying carpets!

alais.jpg
I don't want everyone here to know we are breaking into a goddamn crypt. I can see the headlines. Ok so where's this crypt? You are the ranger here.

vanessa.jpg
In the northeastern corner of the restlands.

So finally the heroes made up their mind and ventured forth into the restlands, which basically is a big cemetery.

dm2.jpg
On your way to the crypt, you notice 5 nearby graves are open, as if someone dug out from below.

grotak.jpg
This could be where the zombies from the memorial came from.

ulzir.jpg
One of those must be the former resting place of my fierce enemy. Thank god i was there to dispatch him back to the hell he came from!

alais.jpg
Those Zombies came from here, so this means the protective barriers around the graveyard have been compromised.

vanessa.jpg
What barriers are those?

alais.jpg
Think of it: What's the point of burrying the dead in a sacred place?

The conversation somehow ends abruptly as the heroes set sight on the crypt:

dm2.jpg
The crypt itself is a freestanding granite mausoleum. A pair of leering gargoyles decorate the roof, and a single large stone door facing south is closed with a rusty lock barrign entry.

Grotak notices after a quick check that there are no people around, meanwhile Ulzir has something else in mind:

ulzir.jpg
A quick swing of my sword shall defeat the mighty lock. I shatter it to pieces, hopefully!

grotak.jpg
Remember I got a crowbar in my backpack.

ulzir.jpg
This is more glorious

Ulzir decides to swing at the fearsome foe. He draws his sword and in a swift, hasty motion. Using too much force Ulzir slips and graces the lock only with the tip of his sword.

dm2.jpg
You manage to put a few dents in the lock, but not much else.

ulzir.jpg
Yeah, um, how about that crowbar?

alais.jpg
Stop here! Well, think of it: if the professor got here how did he get in?

grotak.jpg
He didn't get in, he only wrote about getting the tools out of here, but he never had the chance to actually do it.

alais.jpg
No. He might have. We don't know if he went here or not. We do not know if the tools are inside. Let me examine the lock.

dm2.jpg
It's a lock. It's rusty. Someone whacked it with a sword

grotak.jpg
Well let's get on with the burglary, shall we?

vanessa.jpg
Alright. Maese dwarf, do the honors.

alais.jpg
We don't know if the lock can be unlocked with a hair pin or if it is unlocked already?

ulzir.jpg
Break. The lock. Now. Mother of god, you and your examinations will be the end of me!

Grotak manages to stem the lock open, only to find out:

dm2.jpg
As Grotak inserts the crowbar in the crack between the doors and *heaves* they slide open effortlessly, nearly depositing him on the flat of his arse.
The lock does not appear to be actually attached to the doors

grotak.jpg
Ha, truly a worthy foe!

ulzir.jpg
That tricky lock, how he deceived us.

alais.jpg
So we were picking up an open door?

grotak.jpg
It would appear so.

vanessa.jpg
Yes. We iz smartz.

THE RAID

dm2.jpg
Within, a flight of stone steps leads down into the cold earth to a large crypt lined with empty niches - no dead are interred here.

crypt.jpg

alais.jpg
I'll check for clues of anything about this place that strikes as odd.

dm2.jpg
The only odd thing in this place seems to be the company you keep. Two doors are located on the northern wall. Everything else is covered with a thick layer of dust.

alais.jpg
So there wasn't anyone here then. I mean - it's used for nothing. Let's close the door as we come in. So as no to attract attention.

vanessa.jpg
So whatever was here interred is still... here, just not interred. Otherwise we would have found tracks leading away.

ulzir.jpg
Let's open the left door and uncover the hellspawn!

alais.jpg
Let's proceed slowly and close that door behind us as well.

crypt2.jpg

Ulzir checks for traps:

dm2.jpg
You don't spot any traps. Altyhough you notice the set of footprints in the dust you people have been trampling around on.

alais.jpg
Are the footprints human?

dm2.jpg
It's hard to tell if the footprints are human, but at least they are humanoid.

alais.jpg
Someone was here. Either it's an acolyte, or the professor. Or an agent of whispering way!

grotak.jpg
I am more interested in this stone coffin. Is there any kind of inscription?

dm2.jpg
It's a lid. It's made of stone. There are words on it in an archaic old tongue. Looks like a standard funeral rite. It's written in common, an archaic old form. It's old and otherwise pretty standard.

grotak.jpg
Could this contain the tools?

ulzir.jpg
Let's heave it open.

grotak.jpg
Alright, I take this site, you stand there.

dm2.jpg
As you push the lid aside, you notice there is no body in the sarcophagous. However, there's a bundle of other stuff down there: The sarcophagous contains 17 arrows that all register as magical, 7 potions, 5 scrolls and a thin darkwood case, decorated with an image of a scarab with a single eye glaring.

grotak.jpg
I bet our alchemist can determine what this potions contain.

vanessa.jpg
Oh, the symbol of the order of the palatine eye.

alais.jpg
Yes!

grotak.jpg
What I was thinking.

Vanessa silently takes the scrolls as well as the case with the symbol on her while Ulzir grabs the arrows and Grotak carries the potions.

grotak.jpg
Be sure to know what they do before blindly firing them

ulzir.jpg
They are rope arrows of course.

Meanwhile the heroes hear chittering from the Entry room. While everyone else still wonders about the things they just found, Ulzir goes on alone to investigate.

And finds himself alone in the room with two huge Centipedes!

crypt3.jpg

ulzir.jpg
er guys... GUYS!

Ulzir almost runs into the Centipede but can react swiftly enough to keep out of it's reach by a couple inches.
He in turn slashes at it with his sword, and hits it fierce enough to almost split it in two. But it's still stand... eh crawling!

Alais hears Ulzir very manly cry for help first and opens the door on the far right.

ulzir.jpg
A little less dicking around with knobs please, I'm staring at the face of death here!

Just as he yells out the words both Centipedes lash forward surprisingly quick and bite Ulzir in both of his legs. Not only does the bite sting, Ulzir also immediately feels something is wrong.. this Centipedes are poisonous!

Ulzir doesn't waste any time to concern himself and swings his sword over his head directly on to the wounded centipede. Bits of greenish-brown goop splash everywhere as the Centipede is pulped.

ulzir.jpg
Look what your horrid existence has brought you, hellspawn!

The entrails fly so far, they even stain Vanessa's dress, who is standing in the left doorway. They are smelly and icky but luckily, not much else.

Vanessa immediately begins to sob after finding herself covered in... that.

Grotak finally realizes something is afoot and rushes up the stairs - for whatever distance his short legs can carry him

grotak.jpg
What is going on up there?

crypt4.jpg

Vanessa, still very upset about the unwanted spray of perfume, decides to cover the area in Grease, hopefully covering the bad smell.

The spell lands exactly where she intended it to and the remaining Centipede goes prone.
After this success, Vanessa decides it's better to move out of the doorway - just in case the other Centipede decides to explode as well.

crypt5.jpg

Alais moves through the right door and whirls here hands around, after what happened quicker than the blink of an eye, all different kinds of colors seems to be shooting out of that very same hands. Unfortunately insects like the Centipede are immune to mind affecting spells like Color Spray.

Meanwhile the poison slowly starts to show it's effect and Ulzir feels that his swift movements aren't so swift as they were just a couple seconds ago.

While the Centipede tries to get back to it's feet Ulzir thrusts down his sword, penetrating the Centipede's hull. It lets out a shrill, goosebump inflicting cry. Yet it continues to twist and turn on the ground trying to get free of the grease.

Somehow it actually manages to get a hold of one of Ulzir's legs and bites him once again! Ulzir retaliates instantly and goes in for the killing blow, splitting the creature in half.

Meanwhile Grotak finally managed to climb the stairs:

grotak.jpg
Alright I'm here - what did I miss?

ulzir.jpg
Oh nothing, just ASSKICKERY!

The foes might have been vanquished, yet the poison still lingers in Ulzir's body. By now he can barely move his limbs. Though the effects remain it doesn't appear to get any worse at least.

vanessa.jpg
Are you alright? You look kind of... seasoned, all of a sudden.

ulzir.jpg
hrrrmgh

alais.jpg
His jaws are closed tight! I fear he might get pararysed. Let's get out of here before more crop up:

vanessa.jpg
We should visit the temple. On the way out.

grotak.jpg
Yeah, Alais can start her research then as well.

The adventurers make their way back to the temple. Along the way Vanessa identifies the scrolls they have found. It would appear they are a pair for detecting the undead, a pair for hide from the undead and a single one for protection from evil.
After a bit of back and forth, Vanessa decides to give Alais one of each pair as well as the protection from evil scroll.
The arrow bundle contains 10 +1 arrows, 5 +1 ghost touch arrows as well as 2 +1 undead bane arrows. All of those are handed to the only Partymember who is utilizing a bow, Ulzir.

Meanwhile back in town Edgar awakens from his slumber.

TREACHERY

As first order of business he talks to Kendra and tries to find out what happened.
She tells him that after the other adventurers left for the Restlands, father Grimburrow came by and asked her not to go spread any kinds of rumors - whatever that might have meant.

Edgar decides to go on and visit father Grimburrow himself.

dm2.jpg
He hasn't seen the others since last night. He also comments you on doing a good job about alerting the temple that the undead were about. He appreciates that you and your companions kept your head and let the experts handle a situation like that.
He's planning an expidition to find out where the zombies came from, but it likely won't depart for a few hours yet.

Edgar goes to the Restlands only to meet the others as they are at the exit, coming towards him.

And thus our merry band reunites!

edgar.jpg
What happened?

alais.jpg
Good to see you lad!

Edgar is filled in about what transpired in his absence on their way to the temple.
But before the group leaves, Alais raises a concern:

alais.jpg
First things first: Rearange the place so it looks undisturbed!

vanessa.jpg
No. Let's just leave. Fast to the temple.

grotak.jpg
We can't possibly replace that lock Alais. Unless you want to bother the local smith?

alais.jpg
But we can make it look - I don't know...

vanessa.jpg
We need a priest, not healing! Temple. Now.

alais.jpg
Alright, Temple. Let's waste no more time.

dm2.jpg
You go to the temple. Father Grimburrow isn't in at the moment, but one of the acolytes greet you.

ulzir.jpg
Holy bros, heal me!

Vanessa giggles:
vanessa.jpg
What he said.

The acolyte wonders what sort of healing Ulzir is in need of, and apparently Ulzir's jaw isn't paralyzed any longer:

ulzir.jpg
I got bitten by a bug. An ugly bug! Poisoned.

vanessa.jpg
What my friend is trying to say is that we were attacked by this horrible, terrible monster. He looked like some HUGE BUG with tentacles. He managed to scare the monster away, but got hurt and, it seems, poisoned.

The acolyte mentions that the temple does have restoration potions to sell, though at standard prices.

alais.jpg
And that price is?

vanessa.jpg
Brother, my friend may DIE if you don't help him. Is this the time to talk of money? Look at him. He can barely move, he breaths raggedly, he's kind of green.

ulzir.jpg
I'm spasming out over here! Now look here, holy man, I'm a man in need, a man who just defeated a great feral animal, and you're asking me to PAY? what kind of a holy man are you? My death shall lie on your conscience!

The acolyte listens to the heroes' pleas patiently but as soon as he mentions that a restoration potion goes on the market for a price of 300 gold pieces

edgar.jpg
*monocle shatters* WHAT?

Obviously impressed by this display of shock and dismay, the acolyte states that - since father Grimburrow said he would aid the adventureres - he could let the potions go for 200 gold pieces each. But no less because the temple can't sell it's stock at a loss. No matter the circumstances.

ulzir.jpg
What heavnly powers inspire me to greatness! I see the light! It commands me to slay jews that are after my gold!!!

vanessa.jpg
Two hundred gold coins? Is that the price of a HUMAN LIFE for you? Is that what Pharasma teaches?

Clearly Vanessa doesn't know too much about Pharasmas teachings, the acolyte quickly enlightens her by telling the party that Pharasma teaches that people die when it is the proper time and to hurry or delay is equally wrong.
Since Ulzir is obviously no more injured than he retains his ability to offend, the acolyte assures the heroes that he can surely wait until father Grimburrow returns from his expedition to the restlands.

The restlands is the keyword to let the other adventurers forget all about Ulzit's current condition.

vanessa.jpg
The... Restlands?

edgar.jpg
Leave Ulzir at the Estate so he can rest.

alais.jpg
That's a good idea.

vanessa.jpg
Indeed. We'll leave for the estate then. Tell the good father to visit us later. When he's free, to help my friend.

alais.jpg
My guess is he'll recover in a few days. In the mean time we can do the research.

grotak.jpg
Will you come back with us, Alais, or stay at the temple and research?

alais.jpg
I'll stay and do the damn research

dm2.jpg
What are you going to research Alais?

alais.jpg
The Harrowstone mystery.

dm2.jpg
Harrowstone is a ruined prison— partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has stood vacant ever since. The locals suspect that it’s haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place.
Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town.

Meanwhile at the estate Edgar finally has time to take a closer look at the potions. He finds out that they are 5 cure light wound potions and 2 lesser restoration ones.

grotak.jpg
Let's sell the restoration potions, they are worth lots of gold!

ulzir.jpg
hey!

grotak.jpg
So Ulzir you said you had no gold for the potions? I guess this goes out of your share then!

edgar.jpg
As much as it pains me, I can't leave him to suffer for no reason. Ulzir, open your moth, I promise this will not hurt you much.

And so Ulzir does as he is commanded and opens his mouth wide while Edgar feeds him the potion. Ulzir can feel his legs again after swallowing the whole first potion but it actually takes both potions that he can walk normally again, even though he hobbles on the occassional step and hopes that this will go away in time by itself.

grotak.jpg
So you just drank 600 gold pieces, how did it feel?

ulzir.jpg
man ir felt GREAT!

grotak.jpg
You still know this will be deducted from your cut, right?

ulzir.jpg
Bro i was here for the glory anyway. Money means nothing.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the estate:

vanessa.jpg
Alright. Now when I'm alone and taking a bath I check the little box I pilfered from the crypt, once I'm clean of insect filth. I DON'T open it.

dm2.jpg
The box is made from darkwood. It sounds ike there's something in it. It looks rather fancy and could probably fetch a fair amount of coin on its own.

vanessa.jpg
Which size it is?

dm2.jpg
Hmmm... It's fairly large I guess. slightly bigger than a cardboard box that held the manual and diskettes for civilization II

vanessa.jpg
Alright, I don't open it. I wait for the night when everyone's busy on their own thingie and go looking for Ulzir. Then I tell him I need to have a word with him.

Later that very same night:
ulzir.jpg
Oh vanessa dearest, you have caught me unawares, naked and glistening in the moonlight!

vanessa.jpg
So I look for Ulzir, tell him to come with me, and once we are alone I show him the box, that he remembers from the crypt, and tell him to take a look at it.

Ulzir thinks to himself:

ulzir.jpg
Hmmm she might be using me to open the dangerous box. On the other hand, she might let me look at her tits if i do it!

And Ulzir does as he is asked:

dm2.jpg
There doesn't appear to be any traps on the box

ulzir.jpg
Once again, i prove my worth, fair lady. What do you want me to do vanessa?

vanessa.jpg
We should open our little box now, dont you think?

ulzir.jpg
I grip it in both hands, look he deep in the eyes and open the lid the way i would open her thighs. I groan slightly.

dm2.jpg
Inside the Box you find 7 things. Five of them are small vials:
vial.jpg

These glass vials are held within stylized cold-iron casings etched with strange runes, necromantic designs, or other eldritch markings. Within the vial roils a small wisp of white vapor, churning as if caught in a miniature vortex of air.
The other two items are a paper board covered in letters and a flat copper disk with a hole in it:
board.jpg

The items are probably going to need proper identifying before you can use them.

ulzir.jpg
Vanessa, we need to use this right now, we can talk to the god of sexiness who made you.

vanessa.jpg
Smooth, indeed. But that comes later, let's do this for now: Take two vials for you, I'll take two for me. Let's then leave everything inside and present the box to the others. A vial, the board, and the thingie should be enugh for them to discover what it is.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the house:

alais.jpg
Grotak, do you know what those two are plotting?

grotak.jpg
That who is plotting what? Also I'm trying to sleep here!

And this concludes this weeks' episode. Tune in next time for more epic betrayal, backstabbing and possibly the first internal party kill/death/murder.
Also we might find out what happened in the old prison, what sinister forces are at play and how many monocles Edgar actually carries with him!

THE ICING ON THE CAKE

dm2.jpg
I'm gonna give everyone a wee lil extra XP in advance which'll bump you all to lvl 2

grotak.jpg
Do you want us to do the HP rolls now?

dm2.jpg
If you aready know what clas syou're taking you may as well roll it now.

grotak.jpg
Alright, let me roll first. Fighter level, 10 hp possible:
« 1d10 = 1 » - FU!

edgar.jpg
« 1d8 = 1 » FUU-

ulzir.jpg
Ranger is d10. ok
« 1d10 = 1 » AW

vanessa.jpg
« 1d6 = 3 »

alais.jpg
Rogue « d8 = 4 »

Yep that's right. Three of our five heroes rolled a 1 for the HP roll. Rape incoming!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

lightbane

Arcane
The acolyte mentions that the temple does have restoration potions to sell, though at standard prices.

:decline: You forgot the acolyte's awesome comment when he heard about the bug: That the brothel wasn't as good as it was in the past.

PS: Still, good work, our "heroic" party is indeed amusing.

lightbane

Arcane
Because it seems Tzeench hates us and combat is especially deadly, I'll start planning a secondary character, a summoner, for when my alchemist dies/I get bored of him. Some questions though:

1. Can the player manually control the Eidolon's actions in combat? Summoned creatures are usually given an order to attack and left to the GM's devices, but an Eidolon supposedly shares a greater connection to his/her summoner and is more intelligent.

2. Can you summon your Eidolon AFTER summoning a monster? As written, the rules say: "[...]Drawing upon this ability uses up the same power as the summoner uses to call his eidolon. As a result, he can only use this ability when his eidolon is not summoned. " It doesn't tell if you can summon your Persona Eidolon right after conjuring another creature, even if it's using the special spell "Call Eidolon".

3. Assuming the campaign goes long enough, could I take the Leadership feat to get some slaves followers to die for the Emperor serve us?

4. Could I get a hat and/or a bandana for my PC free of charge? So that he/she can hide the rune that appears on his/her forehead when the Digimon Eidolon is invoked and the same for the creature.

5. How does an antimagic field interfere with an Eidolon?

That's all for now.

Mrowak

Arcane
Great update Angelo. Had a great time reading it.

About next game. After some of you've gone we talked with Ulm. He says the next game will be in two weeks at the soonest (that's 4th February) or in three weeks time (11th February).

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
Since I got inspired last time you played (stalking on maptools is fun) while watching you try to kill that rusty old lock "guarding" the crypt - I made a perceptive rogue!
So yeah, add me to roster - timezone : GMT+1

Name: Victor Hakov
Character sheet.
Image.

I will add bio later this week.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Nice writeup. Who played BC's character? And combat seems to be quite a challenge for the party so far!

BC played BC's character. Or a tranny imposter. Yeah we seem to have a hard time with combat, then again we are just level 1 - so no funky stuff most of the chars are able to do right now.

Since I got inspired last time you played (stalking on maptools is fun) while watching you try to kill that rusty old lock "guarding" the crypt - I made a perceptive rogue!
So yeah, add me to roster - timezone : GMT+1

Thanks for the visit, good to see you enjoy the game so far!
At this rate you probably won't have to wait too long before several characters die and spots will be open :lol:

Mrowak

Arcane
Thanks for the visit, good to see you enjoy the game so far!
At this rate you probably won't have to wait too long before several characters die and spots will be open :lol:

I fear it will take much, much more time. I've spoken to Ulm about that - a player can play as long as he wishes. If he loses his char he just rolls another one. Only once you resign you have no way back.

Quilty

Magister
The fourth would work for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom